University of Stirling | Student Reviews

1,196 University of Stirling reviews

• University of Stirling
Amber

University of Stirling

English Studies and Film & Media BA (Hons)

I really enjoyed first year but with uni being online for all of second year it has been hard and I don’t feel like I’ve gotten an accurate account of second year

Jessica

Sports Studies BA (Hons)

Overall i am supported well. , i am supported well as i’m dyslexic. The lectures and online learning hasn’t been the best as i think more could be done such as live lectures instead of pre recorded ones and also were in a pandemic group work and paired work isn’t exactly easy so i think this should have been took into account when creating assignments for this year

Lewis
18 Aug 20

University of Stirling

Business Studies and Sports Studies BA (Hons)

I've not enjoyed my University experience so far. I have found it far too easy with online tests making up the bulk of my exams meaning you can use notes and do it in the comfort of your home. When I was at college for a year we were made to get 100% to pass. At university it's only 40%. The whole nonsense with my degree really made me not interested and the university as a whole really threw me about.

Kris

University of Stirling

Computing Science BSc (Hons)

So far I have had a wonderful experience in most my time. With good teachers and staff aswell as made friends for life. I have had problems going on my gap year tho and returning I was greeted with many problems with the university and accomodation however I overcame that.

Naomi

University of Stirling

Business Studies and Psychology BA (Hons)

My university experience has been great. I've met plenty of great people through living on campus accommodation first year, and then moving into private accommodation after that. Academically, there have been no issues at all. Additionally, the university is turning into an amazing new campus with all the ongoing renovations.

University of Stirling

International Politics and Languages BA (Hons)

Overall I greatly enjoy the structure of my course and the resources available to succeed. I also am grateful for the opportunity to join a sports team which I didn't think would be possible.

Angela

Economics BA (Hons)

I like it. It is in a beautiful location even though the weather can be terrible. I like the fact that there are people from all over the world and the opportunities I have to also go to other countries

Melissa

University of Stirling

Business Computing BSc (Hons)

Not as taunting as I expected it to be to begin with. Everyone is in the same situation and are just as confused as you. Classes are generally good, you may find the odd one you don’t enjoy but you’ll get through it. Living in uni accommodation is also a big plus and a good way to make friends. Loving it so far

Sara

Nursing (Adult) BSc

The university atmosphere is wonderful in welcoming students especially in the first year. The different clubs and societies are great way to integrate nursing students into that "uni experience" many expect. Placement can be very daunting and tiring emotionally and physically, especially in a stressful and packed course so there may not be too much time to socialise with other persons. Overall, the course is rewarding in it's academic and personal activities to know if nursing is the right degree for each person.

Jennifer

University of Stirling

It's been mentally challenging to adjust to academic studies after 20 years. The class is great. There have been some good discussions in the lectures and my brain feels challenged, which is what it needed. The setup for part-time students isn't ideal and juggling work/home and study has been challenging. I have also found the gap between course expectations and the reality challenging. I am enjoying being a student again and looking forward to see how the course progresses.