University reviews written by students for students

130,419 University reviews

V
Vaughan

Cardiff Metropolitan University

Textiles BA (Hons)

Transferred to a more progressive Univesity to pursue my dream of becoming a Textile Designer. I was so upset at having to uproot my life and begin somewhere new again. My overall experience of Textile Design at Cardiff Met was a negative one. The course relied far too much on documentation found on Moodle. My cohort had to start a Facebook page so we would be able to support each other with questions on where to find specific documents, sharing best practive, and generally trying to navigate the rocky pastures of the 1s Year @ Cardiff Met.

Sam

Anglia Ruskin University

Paramedic Science BSc (Hons)

Overcrowded course, not enough staff, teething problems for a fairly new course involving online learning material has made things a little awkward at times. Ultimately the University wants your cash. As much as possible. The people they have employed are great, but they dont employ enough, that would cost them money. They could also deliver the course in 2 years instead of three, but that too would mean more staff, and more money, oh and they would miss out on a third year of 9,000 quid each. The University is fairly poor facilities wise, contact time is minimal, 'self directed study' is an amazing excuse for penny pinching. They do give you £400 a year to spend on books. However, its only at one book store, on campus, where all the prices are jacked up. They dont have many books, so you'll have to order them online, which incurs even further cost. It looks good, gives great PR, in reality most students buy overpriced electronic items and waste it anyway, books are cheaper and better from amazon or ebay. In line with this, my course involves a lot of placement, often some distance away. When I am on placement I drive over 70 miles a day, 10/15 weeks of the year. That is not cheap. Imagine if I wasn't fortunate enough to have my own car, and had to use public transport?! But friendly old university has you covered right? I mean, you're paying them nearly nine-thou.. wrong. Placement costs are not included, and are not negligible. There is a small fund to assist with this but they run out each year after partially covering a handful of students costs. There are 70 people on my course, in my year alone. We all incur those costs. I do want to re-mention however just how good the staff are here. University as a concept/system is an ugly cash hungry elitist monster, but the people in this one, on this course, deserve great credit.

Julius

Songwriting BA (Hons)

It has been life changing. A truly incredible experience and I am so glad that I made the decision to study at BIMM London. The friendships I have made through the way we learn on this course are so real. I love it.

Madeleine

Songwriting BA (Hons)

It’s been a really great university experience. It has taught me so much of what I need to know, given me so many great opportunities and has offered me the time and help that I’ve needed to develop and to begin my career in music.

Juli

Norland College

Early Years Development and Learning BA (Hons)

I’m absolutely loving it! It is a very special uni and a very special course, it certainly isn’t a normal uni and the expectations and demands are high, however it is all worth it

V
Valeria

Songwriting BA (Hons)

Overall my experience has been fantastic, with great tutors and very talented classmates. However, I would like to have more contact time (class time) and more modules on songwriting.

Lucy

Bangor University

Applied Marine Biology BSc (Hons)

I have had a wonderful time! Been given lots of opportunities, including discussing more about myself in order to find out what i want to do and volunteering/placements to help get us there. It's very obvious the lecturers in my school want to help us go far! they're lovely to talk to about uni related things or not, can make lectures more personal if you have the chance to talk to the lecturer in charge. Getting to know them on a first name basis feels very good - especially in such a large school. Halls in first year allowed me to meet the friends that i've stuck by and live with now, wouldn't change a thing! My societies are like my family! Joined the surf society half way through first year and they're all the loveliest and most welcoming people, also massive party animals and always having the biggest laughs!! plus surf trips are a bonus and a great binding experience. Uni has been amazing so far, i'm in m second year and the only thing i could ask to change is my money situation and some other people's attitudes.

Bangor University

Education Studies (Full-time) MA/PgDip/PgCert

Thoroughly disappointed. Can’t wait to graduate and be done with it. You don’t feel cared for, and nobody seems to know what they’re doing. The lectures are basically lessons, so you feel like a child instead of trying to understand the method of teaching. Very odd approach. Far too much coursework given the heavy daily workload during school time.

Michele

BIMM

Professional Musicianship - Bass, Guitar, Drums or Vocals BA (Hons)

I like it very much. Sometimes i just have the feeling that i wanna learn more. Normally studies are more intense and productive. The degree could be made in 2 years instead of 3.

Catherine

Teesside University, Middlesbrough

Accounting and Finance BA (Hons)

uni is amazing!the whole experience here beats my previous university with out a doubt! teesside is often overlooked as i know i previously did. however now im here i wish id looked here in the first place. the support is there and there is lots of general kindness within the university