181,693 University reviews

Ras
18 Jun 21

Leeds Trinity University

Assignments have been fun to complete and required me to draw knowledge from all areas of my education, had easy access to lectures I missed due to the recordings being online

Ross

Newman University, Birmingham

Business Management BA (Hons)

My experience so far is one of pride that I have been able to be apart of my university. The dedication and hard work that has been put into my two years so far has allowed me to succeed in many ways, as well as increasing my self-development skills. The university is a great place to study and I would suggest it to anyone.

Jaspreet

UCL (University College London)

Computer Graphics, Vision and Imaging MSc

I had a fantastic time. I really do miss this masters program. The staff were lovely, my course mates were too. The work was very challenging and although I don’t miss those late library sessions I think it made me a much more stronger and capable engineer.

Morgan

Nottingham Trent University

Computer Science BSc (Hons)

For me, it was the quality of education that really let me down this year, it took a hinderance to my grades and I felt like this academic year wasn't a true reflection of my capabilities. If I was able to visit the campus and use the facilities there as well as experience in-person teaching, then my score would have drastically improved.

zoey

Newman University, Birmingham

Theology and Philosophy BA (Hons)

When I first began my studies at Newman University I was accepted onto the Business Management degree. I realised within the first two weeks of this degree that it was not suitable for my skills and career progression. The assistance I received from the university in changing degrees was professional and helpful. The transition process into the Theology degree was efficient and I was impressed with the support from the head of Theology and the rest of the staff in the department. During my time at Newman university, I experienced many hardships including financial and mental health concerns, the support I received from the student support services was exceptional. In the second year of my degree, I had strong feelings towards committing suicide, out of fear of my thoughts and emotions I turned to my doctor and student report for help. The assistance I received from my GP and student support helped to cast out the dark thoughts and feelings I was suffering from. The mentorship program offered by student support permitted further guidance in completing my degree. The mentor I was matched with, in my final year was phenomenal in keeping my spirits high and making me feel confident with my studies and my abilities. Due to the community spirit of the university and the professionalism of the staff, my future is brighter than ever and I owe it all to those who stepped in and helped to save my life and my future.

Sophie

Queen's University Belfast

I’d advise english students that Irish students go home at the weekends. The university has been average as it has given little academic support or guidance. Until final year there was very little coursework or exams which is always good. The bars, restaurants and clubs are all cheap which is super good. In first year it is also useful that all first years live in the same accommodation village.

Shelley

University of Portsmouth

Dental Hygiene BSc (Hons)

It has been difficult during the pandemic. Being on a course were interaction with the public is vital for experience, Portsmouth have tried extremely hard to ensure this is carried out. Personally Online lectures have helped as I am able to rewatch as many times. I feel that I haven't received the university experience and worry that I have not seen as many patients necessary to be competent however I still have one year to go. It seems Portsmouth have plans in place to enable us to make up for the disrupted pandemic.

University of South Wales

Aircraft Engineering and Maintenance Systems BSc (Hons)

My overall experience at USW has been amazing, I just cant describe how friendly everyone is here, and how amazing all the teachers are. USW is an amazing university to be aswell as being able to study well with the help of lectures and also being able to get to know everyone very easily as it's a small university were you can get to know everyone really well. I am stunned with the amount of support I had over the 3 years I was there.

Chloe

Newman University, Birmingham

Working with Children, Young People & Families BA (Hons)

I have chosen a 4 out of 5 because, although I chose to study from home which has been challenging and hard when keeping motivated and engaged in the work, I was able to still be apart of lessons with being at least 2 and a half hours away from Newman University. However, I still missed the class environment of being able to be with my peers and discuss more in person, I understand that due to covid that wasn't possible. Also, I believe that without some of the support I was able to receive from some lecturers and my counsellor I was able to feel more involved and happy, but this year has been very different for so many students it's not easy to compare to previous years as it's not how education and assignments would have normally taken place. I think I knocked my score down due to my personal experience of feeling a bit disengaged with the work itself which then effected my motivation, but thanks to being able to ask questions to the relevant people I was able to be on track.

Jacob

University of East Anglia UEA

Philosophy, Politics and Economics BA (Hons)

Corona ruined most of it, but I can't blame the uni. Nice uni, good lectures (at least for my course). The VC cancelled graduation which left a lot of people very sad. Not quite sure why as most other unis still have one, think VC wanted to save money for a new holiday home in the Pyrenees.