University reviews written by students for students

181,764 University reviews

University of Plymouth

Environmental Management and Sustainability BSc (Hons)

It’s been a tough year, I have not had in person taught content since March 9th 2020, and then spend the following months recovering from a tough bout of covid. The assignments have been of a good interesting standard, however the lectures have become quite unengaging. Being forced to do it online is a factor to consider, but some of the content felt very 1st year of degree in terms of standards. But pre pandemic it has been a good experience at uni overall.

Daniella

University of Strathclyde

Journalism, Media and Communication and Politics and International Relations BA (Hons)

I think, while having to do two semesters entirely online was a challenge, the overall experience was still a good one. I do feel like I learned a lot this year and lecturers really made the most of it in terms of having to move online. We had guest speakers on Zoom, and more options for one-to-one sessions. I would overall still recommend Strathclyde as a university.

Georgina

Bishop Grosseteste University

Primary Education with QTS (3 Years) BA (Hons)

Overall, my experience at Bishop Grosseteste University has been positive. The lecturers have been a great support throughout this academic year especially with Covid affecting us going into university. The online learning received is good as they ensure we have a mix of live sessions and pre-recorded, I like the balance as it helps me learning effectively.

Y
Yuriy

Institute of Contemporary Music Performance

BA (Hons) Creative Music Production BA (Hons)

It has unfortunetelly been all vis online lessons, which has let to a less practical tasks and so, felt more like just watching tutorials. But been able to learn lots of things.

Oxford Brookes University

Business Management and International Relations BA (Hons)

Experience has been a mix of good and bad. Certain aspects such as socials and last minute notifications make things very disruptive and unpredictable. But the uni has organized many support and activities for students during covid which I really appreciate

Georgina

University of the West of Scotland

Sport Coaching BSc (Hons)

I feel that I have still learned a lot, but many of the assessments have been changed from practice assessments to essays or tests. I just can’t wait to be on campus because I know it will be so much better. I can’t give a proper opinion until I see what everything is like for myself

Joe

UCFB

Football Coaching & Management BA (Hons)

Lecturers are not academics, they are simply regular coaches and have no elite level experience with first team football. The student support is little to none and the administration team (if in existence) do not supply students with any help what so ever. The facilities look flash but are not meant for a higher education program. All in all if you are looking to become a coach save your money and go get your coaching badges (minimum UEFA B) instead because that's all clubs/academies care about.

Nzubechi

London Metropolitan University

Biomedical Science MSc

It’s been great over here. At least better than my previous degree. Lecturers take their time to teach well while ensuring everyone is being carried along. They care a great deal about International students. In short! It is worth the money. Completely worth it!!!

Jasmin

Bishop Grosseteste University

Primary Education with QTS (3 Years) BA (Hons)

Overall, I have enjoyed being at university despite it being more difficult this year to receive support and gain answers to questions, particularly within a time frame. It has been harder to get in touch with university staff although the support is still there despite this. The uni have done well to try keep everything online and ensure assignments are as similar as they can be to in person. The online presentations are a good idea and the mix of live lectures and pre recorded powerpounts are helpful.

Georgia

Bishop Grosseteste University

Counselling (with Foundation Year) BA (Hons)

My first year so far has been great. Tutors are friendly and willing to help. Peers are friendly. Staff helping, whether that be in the canteen or they’re just walking about. Facilities are clean and well looked after.