University reviews written by students for students

158,693 University reviews

eleanor
22 Jun 20

Theological Education MA

I'm studying BA theology at LST (London School of Theology) I'm 22 and classed as a mature student! This has honestly been the best experience of my life so far! If you want a place to study about God and grow in your relationship with Him then this is the place! LST is known for its great community, I would describe it as my LST family. Having this close community it really helped me to enjoy my uni experience, not only to grow in relationship with God but also make long life friends. My first thoughts of coming to LST was that everyone will know more than me and I would find it hard to fit in as I have recently become a Christian. But, this wasn't the case, the support I was given was incredible and there were more people like me who haven't come straight from church, this was really refreshing as I thought I would find it daunting. And don't get me wrong my first year has personally been the hardest year for me for other reasons. But LST to me, during such a hard time, was just still so enjoyable! I would recommend this Uni to anyone. The faculty are great and you can go talk to them anytime if you have any worries or questions, they will try their best to help you.

Jade

Blackburn College

My overall experience has been fantastic so far! I've made a great group of friends because my class is so small, and we have a laugh with the tutors. I have excelled my expectations with grades and achieved A's and B+'s in my first year thanks to my tutors help and the content they deliver. The lessons are completely related to the job you want to do, and the course has made Me rethink what career I want to do because it takes you down so many higher paying jobs! I've learnt laws and legislations and skills that will benefit me in my future career and its only been first year! No one is judgemental which is great because I like to dress in all colours usually, but you can literally be yourself as the uni is inclusive and diverse. During the coronavirus, teaching has remained and all tutors have been in regular contact to make sure I'm OK and if I need any help. Theyve even worked out of hours to provide one to one support to get me through assignments! Really gone above and beyond! All materials have still be accessible.

Cathrine

Blackburn College

So far my experience has been challenging, learning again after years away from education, yet it has been so fulfilling, the photography department is a wonderful hub of activity, students from all The three years cross paths within the week, and are respectful and helpful to each other. We have a fantastic team of tutors who without doubt go above and beyond for all the students. For anybody considering Blackburn college to study the photography course, then I would definitely recommend it. I feel very much a part of my department and I am looking forward to my third year next year.

Nicola

Disability Studies with Inclusive Practice FdA

So far i have had an great experience. I have received more than enough support and i'm glad i made the choice and chose Blackburn university centre to study my degree. I have gone from having zero confidence in myself to being so proud of what i have achieved in such a sort time with the support of peers and the university.

Sian

Blackburn College

Disability Studies (with Inclusive Practice) (Top up) BA (Hons)

I’ve been there nearly 3 years now and it’s been such an amazing experience. I would recommend anyone to join Blackburn university because the tutors are so supportive and help throughout anything. Always make you work to the best of your ability while encouraging you to do your best in every aspect

Jennifer

Disability Studies with Inclusive Practice FdA

Blackburn college is a fantastic opportunity to further your career prospects, meet new people and enjoy learning. I have no regrets whatsoever and as a mature student it has given me valuable knowledge in IT skills I thought I could never have.

mary

Disability Studies with Inclusive Practice FdA

I have really enjoyed attending the university, i have found the course is very interesting and informative. The staff are very helpful and support the students to achieve there full potential

Blackburn College

Disability Studies (with Inclusive Practice) (Top up) BA (Hons)

I have thoroughly enjoyed studying Disability studies at foundation level and now BA. There is plenty of support available, a wide range of books, journals and articles available in the library and online for students to access. Tutors for the course are amazing in the way they deliver the information and support students.

Philip

London School of Theology

Theology Master of Philosophy (MPhil)

From the first visit right through to typing this out as I saw the wholly inaccurate reviews of others. I and I know of my fellow students would say this is just a privilege to be at. I am both honoured and humbled being at such a God breathed and centred institution. I looked at many in my research before LST and it was Holy Spirit who led and placed me here and I am just so grateful for that.

MTh – Master of Theology

It's been fantastic - a great community and academically rigourous. We have a fantastic corperate prayer and worship life which you engage with and forms you just as much as the lectures do.