1,460 University of Birmingham reviews

• University of Birmingham
Joseph

University of Birmingham

Business Management (Year in Industry) (4 years) BSc (Hons)

Overall my experience so far has been positive. The university has been very helpful and welcomed any questions and feedback to try an improve. at the start of the academic year, it was a rough start, and confusing to use some sites/sections. However, this was obviously more so due to quickly adapting to covid. Some problems with communication and assignments/assessments, the only reason the university wouldn’t be value for money is due to remote-learning, which was unavoidable .

Rey

University of Birmingham

Postgraduate Diploma Primary Education (PGCE Advanced)

Breaks given, should be exactly that. Breaks! Deadlines should be more spaced as should work load especially placement. More support from mentors and tutors. Overall organisation. Though I understand covid caused much of this.

MSc International Development

The modules are world class but they need to take more modules related to international development. It should provide more context on the activity of international organizations. The flexibility and diversity of assessment methods is good but some teachers seems biased and do not follow standard protocol for assessment of students.

Medicine (5 years) MB ChB

Has been good overall considering everything they had to adjust to. Lecturers have been responsive and small group teaching is really well run with interactive sessions

Karl

Social Policy BA (Hons)

This year has been tough given the pandemic and its consequences. At the beginning of the year every week or so our house had another corona scare which led to us getting tests and isolating for a few days. Often our tests were negative but we did have to completely isolate once as we had an outbreak in our house. It has been a major shame that certain things have not happened and our ability to meet people has been very limited.

Rea

Dentistry (5 years) BDS

My university experience has been very pleasant so far. However I am doing a course that requires so many contact hours and is mainly in a building situated outside of campus so sometimes it feels like we are very isolated from the rest of university itself. So socially it’s difficult to make friends from other courses. We are always being sent emails about welfare and mental health so that’s been great and it’s good to know that the service is there for people who are suffering

Student reviewer 19

Education BA (Hons)

My experience at university has been great so far, the pandemic has changed the dynamics of learning but the university has catered to that. However, the learning isn’t the same as it used to be. I can not wait for everything to go back to normal :)

Benjamin

Medicine (5 years) MB ChB

I think COVID has really dampened my uni experience and the university hadn’t done much to really mitigate that other than empty words of support. I do like my uni but they need to step up and support students better if this happens again.

Sanaa

Pharmacy MPharm (Hons)

The campus is lovely-lots of green space to enjoy in the summer. In terms of the course itself, more academic support is needed and the overall structure should be improved in terms of the taught content.

Zachary

University of Birmingham

I have felt very in the dark with little support. The content of the course is good and I enjoy learning but I feel let down by the lecturers, as if I am working much harder than they are.