1,460 University of Birmingham reviews

• University of Birmingham
Liberty

University of Birmingham

Honestly worst experience of my life I would leave if I had the choice would never suggest anyone to go to birmingham just care about taking your money and that’s it

Joel

University of Birmingham

Physics (4 years) MSci (Hons)

At first online learning was fine, however I lacked motivation during second term as there were no activities running on campus. Online labs, lectures, and lecture support sessions are just a few of the reasons the course was not value for money this year. Some lecturers made an effort to keep their courses interesting and engaging online, but others not so much.

University of Birmingham

Biological Sciences (Genetics) BSc (Hons)

Even during COVID they’ve still managed to continue good quality lectures and interesting discussion sessions still provided. I’ve enjoyed this year despite this. Good modern facilities and nice campus

Holly

University of Birmingham

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

University has been different this year but amazing nonetheless. There is a great community feeling at Birmingham and it is always great to be on campus or in the city. Learning from home has been difficult, especially as I like many others have had issues with technology which can be so unpredictable. It will be nice to be back in person next year hopefully.

University of Birmingham

English Language BA (Hons)

In a non-covid world it would be the perfect experience. However, having lectures and seminars online is really hard when I have trouble with my wifi connection at home, and I have had to live at home because I have had to shield for the past year. As far as I am aware, the university have not offered any way to compensate for these difficulties. Student accommodation in university halls has also been difficult because the rent rebate has not been offered for the full time that I have had to be at home (which is since October). There is also a lack of gluten free options for people with coeliac disease like myself, which makes eating on a budget really difficult. In terms of teaching, I have had really lovely lectures who have been very supportive and helpful during this difficult time, however if you need extra support the wait for an email reply can be a long time which is something I could easily ask for when in person.

Fiza

University of Birmingham

Environmental Science BSc (Hons)

I don’t enjoy studying at this uni, it is a very high pressure environment designed for intellectual people to thrive, but unfortunately for people who find studying difficult such as myself it is not the one.

Sam

Music BMus (Hons)

My time at UoB outside of the pandemic has been 5 stars without a doubt. It is only because of the limits faced nationally that this academic year has been somewhat tainted. Nonetheless the university and the student and staff bodies within it have clearly tried to do as much as possible in this time. While I don’t think this year has been value for money, I don’t think any year is worth the £9,250 it costs, even if it is fantastic.

Murray

University of Birmingham

Physics and Astrophysics (4 years) MSci (Hons)

All online this year except semester 1 where we had practicals. Recorded lectures are great depending on teaching style of lecturer. Department really do are about students and are quick to implement suggestions. Have changed course to accommodate covid requirements such as multiple tests and at home practicles.

Sarah

University of Birmingham

English Language BA (Hons)

Only three stars but that’s to be expected considering that everything is online instead of in person - it just takes a bit away from the actual experience of uni if you can’t actually go in and experience it.

Owen

University of Birmingham

Professional Dance and Musical Theatre BA (Hons)

It’s been hard online but Urdang and the uni have made sure we are happy! Just now need to buy a new laptop haha due to it dying because of my online dance classes and singing haha