2,494 Bangor University reviews

• Bangor University

Biological Sciences PhD

Bangor University is a small but friendly University and really cares about the success and well-being of the students. If you're not a city person and prefer a small-town vibe with lots of opportunities for outdoor activities, Bangor is a great place to live.

Gemma

Music BMus (Hons)

Its really great and I've learnt so much so far. The only problem with Bangor is that its very cut off from everywhere else but its a really lovely city to live and study in.

Bangor University

Fantastic and life-changing! I've not just gone to a university to study a four year language degree. I've travelled more of the world than I thought I might ever do a few years ago, made amazingly close friends, developed myself in terms of my professional life so much more than I would've anywhere else. The course is something that excites me so much. Being just about to go abroad for my year abroad is thrilling knowing I'll be able to use everything I've learnt here. All of a sudden being studying Chinese in China having not spoken a word three years ago and working as a translator in a German publishing house having started learning the language in a woman's kitchen after school. This place has made me.

Clinical and Health Psychology MSc

Being an international student here my experience has been phenomenal. Univeristy has become a home to me with unbelievable amount of love and respect and uncountable beautiful memories. I have made lifelong friends here and it has been like a dream i am living. It has helped me grow in to a much stronger, confident and positive person.

Dannielle

Bangor University

Amazing. Loved every minute. Make sure that you are prepared and get to use the peer guiding system to allow you to meet new students. Make sure you also use the support avaliable.

DAI

Music BMus (Hons)

Bangor university is very good place to study and enhance my performing skill and knowledge. In addition, people studying at the university and living in Bangor are very friendly.

Clinical and Health Psychology MSc

I have been at this university for the past four years, and I will carry on with my postgraduate education here if the university will let me. I could not emphasise how much I have enjoyed being here and if I was at any other univerisity I probably wouldn't have finished my undergraduate degree.

Amelia

History BA (Hons)

It has been good, challenging at the start to adjust but Semester 2 I am managing better. Fellow students are friendly, seminars are interesting and allow me to think in a variety of ways about issues and discussions regarding History.

Tanith

Bangor University

Zoology with Animal Behaviour BSc (Hons)

It has been incredible, peer guides make the settling in period so smooth and before you know it you are all settled into this new chapter. The variety of clubs and societies makes it so easy to meet people and make new friends. There is a really strong sense of community in Bangor, everyone is there to make sure you succeed and be the best you can be.

Samuel

Marine Vertebrate Zoology MSci

It's been great. I've really enjoyed it all and the uni has done lots to help this. They are always putting on events and helping students get the most out of the experience