2,494 Bangor University reviews

• Bangor University
David

Bangor University

French, German and Spanish (4 years) BA (Hons)

It's really not been great panda make, but I'm really glad I'm not another university because I've had a much better experience than lots of other students. Fortunately I've had support and a large reduction in rent, so I don't feel too bad off.

Alice

Bangor University

Overall, my university experience has been mixed. There have been very good elements like learning new things and having allowances made for the pandemic. There have also been bad things, like not having access to appropriate teaching methods, feeling lonely and becoming disengaged. It’s hard to know whether these are caused by the pandemic itself or by the lack of university experience. Either way, I have had a decent time at university but it could be improved.

Ffion

Bangor University

Cymraeg (Welsh) BA (Hons)

This academic year has been difficult. I feel that my lecturers understand this fully and therefore have been a massive help. The Student Union has also been brilliant every step of the way, going above and beyond! My lectures continue to interest me and keep me engaged. Libraries and open study areas have certainly changed but the click and collect service and the covid safety in the study areas are much appreciated.

Elliott

Geography BSc (Hons)

My overall experience this year at uni has been mixed. Some modules have been really enjoyable but others not as much. Some lecturers have not adapted to online teaching well and this in turn has impacted my u understanding of course content and my overall enjoyment. However there are some lecturers who do go above and beyond to ensure that all students are happy and enjoying the course.

Maahi

English Literature MA

In Bangor I have learnt so many things and so many yet I have to learn. The most of it, I just got so satisfying about is their teaching method and criterion. I am gonna apply their format further in my career life soon. Love love love Bangor University

Evie

Marine Biology and Oceanography MSci

As for every university this year, I think it's been a challenge for lecturers and students as it's an entirely different scenario. Many of the vital field works have been cancelled, and I haven’t been able to complete certain activities I would have been offered. However, the tutors have been there to support others and myself when we needed it. They were also very quick with feedback from exams and literature reviews. The exams were all completed online in 24 hours which was very beneficial as it reduced the issues of WiFi connection problems. But overall, I’ve enjoyed what I’ve learnt this year, even if it’s very different to other years and hopefully next year we will be able to do a lot more.

Y
Yuvraj

Bangor University

Biomedical Science with Foundation Year BSc (Hons)

All lessons are over video call due to the pandemic and have never been able to see the university from inside except when I came during open days so have no idea how uni life is supposed to be as can’t use any facilities the university has to offer and work has no real value due to how optional it feels. Feels like being scammed as none of the university facilities are available and I still have to pay £9000 to video call lecturers.

Connor

History BA (Hons)

It was not the worst it could have been and at the end of the day I am still getting my degree. At this point it has become a chore and has somehow made me begin to despise a course that before coming to Uni was all I wanted to do. If you want a degree and live in the local area I couldn't recommend Bangor enough however, if you want a fun Uni experience where you get detailed feedback and learn a lot more about your course I would suggest you look elsewhere.

X
XYZ
09 Aug 20

Bangor University

Chinese and French BA (Hons)

I feel like this is all a huge waste of time. I am inches away from dropping my course, and if I had enough money, I would do it right away. I have not learned as much as I wanted to (with the 2nd year courses being the worst!). Bangor is so boring, there is literally nothing to do or see. Sure Bangor is beautiful, but how much time can you spend looking at mountaints? It just gets boring after a while. The teachers or the students are also nothing special. Some of the teachers are better, some of them are worse. I do not get along with the people here, I expected a more stereotypical uni experience, and instead it's like everyone is afraid of stepping out of the line. People just don't feel genuine here. I don't get it at all...

12 Jun 20

Bangor University

Primary Education Leading to Qualified Teacher Status BA (Hons)

I don't want it to end, I've had such a good time. I would recommend Bangor to anyone, and I wouldn't change any of it. For future students I would tell them to follow your heart, and pick the university you feel most comfortable in when you go for an open day. Don't just base your decision on league tables and where has the 'best reputation'