Student reviews of Bangor University

• Bangor University
RT
Rebecca Thickett Gardner

Bangor University

My overall experience has been up and down. The uni itself is great, and I have a wide range of modules to which i could chose from in my final year . no complaints, other than theres not much here in terms of things to do unless you have a car to drive over onto anglessy or something

louanna

Bangor University

English Literature BA (Hons)

Having been at uni for nearly two years, and changing course after my first, I have had an amazing time and seen differences in departments. Bangor uni is great

Kezia

Adult Nursing BN (Hons)

I have really enjoyed the course, the city and the people i've met. The atmosphere in such a beautiful place is something you can't replicate. This isn't for you if you want 'hustle and bustle', but perfect for someone that wants to feel like they're on holiday every moment they're at uni.

Lucy

Bangor University

Applied Marine Biology BSc (Hons)

I have had a wonderful time! Been given lots of opportunities, including discussing more about myself in order to find out what i want to do and volunteering/placements to help get us there. It's very obvious the lecturers in my school want to help us go far! they're lovely to talk to about uni related things or not, can make lectures more personal if you have the chance to talk to the lecturer in charge. Getting to know them on a first name basis feels very good - especially in such a large school. Halls in first year allowed me to meet the friends that i've stuck by and live with now, wouldn't change a thing! My societies are like my family! Joined the surf society half way through first year and they're all the loveliest and most welcoming people, also massive party animals and always having the biggest laughs!! plus surf trips are a bonus and a great binding experience. Uni has been amazing so far, i'm in m second year and the only thing i could ask to change is my money situation and some other people's attitudes.

Education Studies (Full-time) MA/PgDip/PgCert

Thoroughly disappointed. Can’t wait to graduate and be done with it. You don’t feel cared for, and nobody seems to know what they’re doing. The lectures are basically lessons, so you feel like a child instead of trying to understand the method of teaching. Very odd approach. Far too much coursework given the heavy daily workload during school time.

Natasha

Zoology BSc (Hons)

Great! Bangor was not one of my original choices when I applied to university, but I am so glad to be here now. While the uni accommodation locations could be improved (no more hills please!), every other aspect of my time here has been wonderful.

Sophie

Conservation and Land Management MSc

The university is great, i did my undergraduate degree here and after leaving for two years I decided to come back for my postgraduate. I cant think of anywhere else I would rather study.

Alex

Biology BSc (Hons)

Very good. I would thoroughly recommend Bangor university to anyone thinking of applying here. It's got everything: a beautiful place to live, excellent (and free) clubs and societies, good student services and amazing lecturers.

Iona

Bangor University

Environmental Conservation BSc (Hons)

Bangor University is great! The course is very interesting and lecturers are on the whole quite good (good teaching methods, not too boring). The location is really stunning and everyone is very welcoming and helpful. Student life in Bangor is easy and pleasant.

Liv

Zoology BSc (Hons)

Rubbish is you’re disabled. There’s no help and they claim there’s access where there isn’t. Make you feel like a huge burden and a waste of time. The lecturers are good and I have no complaints about the teaching staff really. Probably fine of you’re looking for a very average uni