Goldsmiths, University of London

994 Goldsmiths, University of London reviews

• Goldsmiths, University of London
Grace

Some of the tutors are super supportive whereas others are not as much. The facilities are not that great as there is only a library and a student union, I was hoping there would be a gym in order to take a healthy break from studying.

1 people found this helpful

LG
Lolo Giorgio

Fine Art and History of Art BA (Hons)

So I'm going to divide to comment into three main sections: 1. Strikes: During my 3 years at Goldsmiths. I have experienced 6 strikes. 1st year: 6 weeks of strikes (out of 20), this is also when covid began so basically we had less than 11 weeks of studies out of a year. Last year (2020-2021, covid year), we had a boycott mark when tutors refused to give us feedback on essays and works. We could actually improve without any feedback plus with zero in-person teachings. I study art and this is crucial for the course. This year (2021-2022) we had 9 weeks of stikes out of 20. NO FEE REFUND or other support was made both by tutors and their union, and Goldsmiths senior management. 2. Goldsmiths SU- Goldsmiths SU is the most non inclusive. They don't support students at all, they didn't do anything to help students during covid. The university does absolutely NOTHING to protect its students. Goldsmiths SU and in general the university has this hypocritical "safe space" policy where they claim to be pluralistic and support any view, but when this view is not exactly as theirs, it is not a valid view. Tutors and other students try to convince you of their perspective instead of listening to your opinion and encouraging a discussion. This results in just laziness in intellectual views and ideas. 3. Art and career: Goldsmith's art deportment tutors are mostly failed artists. They try to claim that success in the art world could not value by commercial success, and in order to be a 'real artist,' you must be poor and work in a bookshop and in your leisure time doing art. This is not why we study art for 3 years. Also, there is no teaching about the art world, the business of art, the art market, networking and etc. I feel so clueless about the future because I had zero support in that sense. Overall, I highly recommended you not to spend your time, energy and money at Goldsmiths. Does not worth it at all.

5 people found this helpful

Irbaaz

Fine Art and History of Art BA (Hons)

Always on a damn strike every week.

Nicola

Politics and International Relations BA (Hons)

Course content very engaging and not "mainstream". You get to explore topics that really do open your mind and help you think outside the box. Campus ok, could be improved but it's not so bad after all, I like everything is in the same location. Everything else is bad to horrible. Student support is slow or non existent, strikes and covid took away 70% of what I paid for and the university has no intention to refund me anything. Also very very slow with the marking. Overall I wouldn't recommend Goldsmiths, based on my experience.

morgci

Business Computing and Entrepreneurship BSc (Hons)

Hang

na

IF
India Fraser-Attewell

Popular Music BMus (Hons)

The location is amazing and I love how small the campus is yet so close to the city centre. I have met a lot of great people through Goldsmiths and have had some great experiences however COVID and strikes have meant that a lot of the in person teaching I should have had hasn’t happened. This, I believe, has meant I haven’t done as well in assessments as I could have done as there has been a severe lack of guidance. Overall I love the uni, the campus, the teachers and the other students, however it undeniably has its negative sides as well.

shanti

MSc User Experience Engineering

araman

Business Computing and Entrepreneurship BSc (Hons)

Y