University of Chester | Student Reviews

2,381 University of Chester reviews

• University of Chester
Megan

University of Chester

I have had a great university experience, the lecturers are good and I have had great experiences. But the employability for courses like mine is pathetic, you need to cater for more than just business related degrees since you have more than just business students.

Jane

Geography BSc (Hons)

It’s been good. Only downfall is some of the other students being rude but that’s not the unis fault. The sports facilities are really good and the gym is cheap and friendly. They also offer discounts which is good but your sport is only classed as a sport if it takes part in varsity which not all do

Amber

University of Chester

International Relations and Law BA (Hons)

Good, struggles with the change from uni to private accommodation though so an increased level of support for that would be good. Wish the assignment schedules were looked at because some assignments are due the day after another one

University of Chester

Applied Psychology BSc (Hons)

10/10 this uni is very good and helpful and there is a lot of support. they provide personal academic tutors which we have to see weekly and they make sure we are on track. This is very beneficial

Georgia

University of Chester

Creative Writing and English Literature BA (Hons)

I love Chester and the whole experience of studying here. I wish there was more understanding for students who travel a long way and require services. The English department is incredible and they really want to help, but there's only so much they can do without the funds. Combined honours students have deadlines always on the same day so cannot dedicate the time needed to their work. A huge workload makes it very difficult to balance. The library is HORRID.

Holly

University of Chester

Law with Criminology LLB (Hons)

Mostly positive, just the odd issue but they have mostly been addressed and felt with when the issues has been raised. Most changes I would like to see involve feedback, and time spent on topics to really understand them.

Jessica

Politics BA (Hons)

I have really enjoyed the social aspect of university. My accommodation is very social and we are very close to town. In terms of my course, I am enjoying the content but wish it was taught differently and that assignments in certain modules were spoken through in more depth.

V
Valerie

Biomedical Science MSc

Fantastic....and believe me i have attended 3 different Universities. I can honestly say i would have gained my MSc without the University staff and academics..who go the extra mile to help the students

Alisha

University of Chester

Early Childhood Studies BA (Hons)

My university experience has been overall fun! I remember when I first started and I was so nervous, but I have made some incredible friends and memories. Which has really helped me with the whole journey :)

Adam

University of Chester

Secondary Mathematics (including School Direct) with QTS PGCE (Core)

Awful. The school placements are great, because I love teaching, but that is zero to do with Chester. The uni are useless when it comes to the paperwork, they regularly just ask you to come into uni for no reason, and have no problem sending you 30 miles away for a school placement. There is a severe lack of consideration about the impact of their decisions on the students.