University of Chester

2,274 University of Chester reviews

• University of Chester
Beth

Geography and Natural Hazard Management BSc (Hons)

I have made so many great friends already at uni, which I wouldn't have made without them. The staff in the geography department are all amazing and incredibly supportive of their students. The geography department facilities are brilliant for a uni of it's size, including a soil lab. I have also loved the content in all the physical geography modules. As a whole the uni has some brilliant facilities, but some could also do with a major upgrade, such as the swimming pool. As well as this, there is a bias from the Athletics uni towards the more traditional sports: football, rugby, hockey etc. And it shys away from recognising the smaller sports eg swimming and waterpolo.

1 people found this helpful

Clara

Creative Writing: Writing and Publishing Fiction MA

AE
Abi Eldon

Family and Child Psychology MSc

The uni implemented good support for during COVID

Abigail

Psychology (MRes)

HS
Hannah Sturgeon

Chemistry BSc (Hons)

The University of Chester is a small institution which allows for small group teaching and a more personal way of studying/learning. The campus is located very close to the city centre. Being a small institution there aren’t quite as many facilities as a larger one, but the facilities are nonetheless excellent!

LE
Leanne Espanol

Adult Nursing BN (Hons)

In Shrewsbury campus which is a retirement town basically, not much to do as a teen straight into university, not many classes face to face apart from skills, not much support for wellbeing here in this campus, not many events happening for uni students

EC
Emily Catterall

Product Design BA (Hons)

I do like my own campus but I don’t feel like we are associated with main campus. This means I don’t feel included into the uni much and when I do go main campus I feel out of place. I do like my lecturers and all the staff though and my campus. Also I like chester as a city it has a nice feel it’s not busy but is busy enough and is very cute in the summer.

Lucas

Geography BA (Hons)

Elizabeth

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

RF