2,495 University of Chester reviews

• University of Chester
Lydia

University of Chester

Business Management and Events Management (with Professional Placement Year) BA (Hons)

Covid has impacted it, but I do not know a student who wouldn't agree with that. The university has been great at showing who can help you find future jobs, the team who do this are fab and really friendly. They have helped me secure 2 placements during my uni experience, but sadly one got cancelled due to covid.

W
William

University of Chester

Chinese and Spanish BA (Hons)

I have enjoyed my first year experience a lot. Despite covid, the majority of my course was in person which allowed me to make really great friends on my course who I talk to everyday. I initially thought not knowing anyone and travelling to a different country alone would be terrifying but my experience at Chester has allowed me to overcome that fear and really enjoy myself.

Arianna

University of Chester

English Literature BA (Hons)

I have really enjoyed my University experience. My lecturers are amazing and I can tell they are passionate about the subjects they teach. However, I did miss face to face interaction in my final year due to the pandemic.

Ellen

Adult Nursing BN (Hons)

Not impressed with this uni. If I choose to take my education further in the future I won’t be attending Chester to do so. Essay markers are rude and blunt about work. Nothing seems straight forward and the teaching hasn’t been great. This is mainly due to the pandemic but it wasn’t great before hand as the cohort is so big.

Chantal

University of Chester

Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) - PGCE Primary/Early Years (including School Direct) PGCE (School Direct)

I have thoroughly enjoyed the course however due to the pandemic, my mental well being and lack of support from the university I have had to defer half of my course. I hope when I return in September to complete my QTS placement, I will be provided with more support.

W
William

University of Chester

Games Development (including a Foundation Year) BSc (Hons)

It was decent but obviously limited. I don’t feel I can fairly judge as things have been so unprecedented this year. Although I had payed for accommodation I hardly used it and the time I did spend on campus was isolating as I was discouraged from seeing other students.

Edward

University of Chester

Counselling Skills and Criminology BA (Hons)

Very strange experience this year as it’s taught online but has been worth it and very rewarding. I hope next year we are back face to face. Lecturers have been hard working and very understanding with the circumstances we have been in, but I feel completing work and attending lectures have been extremely difficult. Wifi and connectivity issues has been a struggle for me especially so this has impacted studies at a great deal.

Bailey

Product Design BA (Hons)

Considering it has been a challenging year, we have been offered the best experience possible. Our tutors and university have worked amazingly well to allow us campus time and the best online experience. We have been able to work just as well from home and this never disadvantaged us in any way. We’ve also been given the opportunity to meet new people and still have a fun student life. Most importantly, all of the above has been done in the safest way possible for this year and allowed us to continue our studies without any worries. The support from our university has also been great and they’ve always been there if needed.

Jude

University of Chester

Philosophy, Ethics and Religion BA (Hons)

Overall I think the university has handled covid and such problems well however I do feel like because of lockdown and because of the lack of face to face my education has suffered however this is by no fault or failure of the university

Malgorzata

Zoology BSc (Hons)

I chose University Centre Reaseheath, because of the provided courses, facilities (Mini Zoo) and localisation. I really enjoy studying and I think it was the best decision I made by choosing Reaseheath.