Student reviews of Leeds Arts University

1,070 Leeds Arts University reviews

• Leeds Arts University
Simon

Illustration BA (Hons)

I don't regret going to university and believe I will benefit from it long term in terms of being confident in my ability and skills as a creative. I've learned a lot but it's been a very independent experience as being a mature student I simply feel too far removed from certain aspects of university life such. The issue of student fees will always be the thing I most take issue with and it feels impossible to justify charging huge fees when generations had free education before so the fees leave a slightly bitter taste in what otherwise I think has been worthwhile in terms of giving me a brighter future doing something I want to do.

KW
Katy Wolfe

Leeds Arts University

Fashion Branding with Communication BA (Hons)

Fairly good, struggling with mental health due to the mass of work expected but coping . I think our uni represents the current need/desperation for creativity within society, which I am grateful to be a part of. My course encourages a massive range of work but fundamentally it resides in two pathways, styling/image making and branding. Personally my work is very photography based, I centre my work around current issues within the fashion industry, utilising campaigns and illustration to further my concepts and outputs. I think the uni nurtures an individuals creative output encouraging innovation and originality whilst drawing on personal influences- and its this that makes the work created unique, it’s bc of the people here and the effect the atmosphere of the uni and city around having such an impact on the work and your own mindset. I don’t like to compare to other universities personally as I don’t feel comparison is a healthy way to view your own work.

Millie

Illustration BA (Hons)

I absolutley love it. You are constantly working to improve your portfolio and having fun doing it! The tutors are all lovely and passionate about what they do and the modules are all really interesting and help you discover new forms of media.

Akemi

Leeds Arts University

Fashion Branding with Communication BA (Hons)

I think uni wasn’t what I thought it would be, I was quite disappointed. I struggled a bit for the first couple of months. However, I am starting to like it a bit more. Hopefully I can settle in more.

PM
Penny McDonald

Leeds Arts University

Visual Communication BA (Hons)

I’ve loved university experience so far! Tutors and staff are there when needed. Facilities are there for everyone and this has really helped me develop my practice.

Natasha

Textile Design BA (Hons)

Really enjoying university and my course, met lots of new people. Myself as a designer has developed massively since the beginning, starting to fully understand my practice and what I want to do after university.

Jennifer

Leeds Arts University

its been a mixed experience, I've enjoyed it but also wanted to leave and do a different course because sometimes I think art isn't what I want to do. But from this I can then go speak to careers advisors or get help from tutors, the workshops are worth doing and are something fun and new to learn. First year I found harder because it was getting into a new routine and getting used to everything but second year has been much better in the way that I know what I'm doing more and I do much prefer my second year tutors,

Jessica

Leeds Arts University

Fashion Photography BA (Hons)

it’s been a rollercoaster of fun and stress but I’ve absolutely loved it here and so happy I came The teachers are all amazing and it’s more like a family here. I’ve met some amazing people within my course and also my practise

Simon

Leeds Arts University

The uni has amazing facilities and helpful staff that truly care about you and your work, so my overall university experience so far is really great. I have learnt so much.

anonymous

Animation BA (Hons)

Feel very underwhelmed, for 9000 a year i am worrying about my future more and feel like no matter how much hard work i put in i am unprepared. They uni also puts more value on getting more students/customers than it does making sure the current students are getting what they need