Student reviews of Leeds Arts University

• Leeds Arts University
GF
Georgia Frayne

Photography BA (Hons)

I have had a great uni experience in Leeds so far. I would really recommend Leeds Arts University to anyone who wants to study for a degree in the creative arts.

...

Leeds Arts University

Popular Music Performance BMus (Hons)

It's okay. Feel like the university was advertised in a certain way that is opposite to what it's like in reality

Susan

Leeds Arts University

I have 100% attendance so far and am currently halfway through level 5. I take full advantage of all the workshops and lecture programme and tap into the skills and knowledge of the excellent instructors.

Isobelle

Illustration BA (Hons)

I enjoy the course and find it fun and enlightening and I also love living in leeds, the uni is pretty relaxed and I’m in charge of my own time management which has been a good learning experience, I also love being so close to the city centre since it’s so easy to go get food and shop

Anthea

Photography BA (Hons)

It had been pretty good, I have changed a lot as a photographer and found my niche however I find the time management needs severe improvement. Being in two days a week for about 3-4 hours in total is not good in my opinion we should still be learning and at this point we aren’t.

V
Vivian

Illustration BA (Hons)

Stressful but fun and have learnt and grown a lot. My tutors are really helpful and inspire me a lot - i want to come in and do my work to the best of my ability because I respect them. Also love the city

Kate

Animation BA (Hons)

It's been good, first year was the best for me because we learnt alot, after that it's very much independence and expectations. Uni has been enjoyable for me but I wish we had learnt alot more such as different programmes actually taught on timetable like TV paint etc. You learn the creative cloud but there should be other industry programmes being taught in my opinion. I enjoy independent study in 3rd year it let's me get on with work and timetable myself. Its a shame that the course doesn't really mix with the other year groups, I'm not sure how they would improve that aspect though. My main wish Is that we had a specialist tutor in stop motion.

Annie

Leeds Arts University

Leeds Arts Uni has helped me grow as a person in so many ways. I really love my course and wouldn’t change a thing. I struggled to meet people in my first year but ultimately you can’t predict how lucky you’ll be in meeting like-minded people, and aside from that, I can’t fault my experience so far.

Faith

Leeds Arts University

Visual Communication BA (Hons)

Coming to this uni and doing visual Communication was the best decision for me as it has lead me to focus solely on graphic design which is something I didn’t even know I liked until coming here.

Bez

Illustration BA (Hons)

Leeds Arts University is the only place I have ever managed to thrive in an educational environment. Staff are excellent at their jobs, and the courses are moulded to help students get the most out of their time here. Because it is an independent art school, there is the rare opportunity to really make a difference to the institution here - it is a fantastic place to study.