Student reviews of Leeds Arts University

Leeds Arts University 1074 reviews

Timeline Article

Overall I feel that the best thing about LCA are the facilities. I've really enjoyed having a huge range of photographic equipment to use when I want, and the studios are really well equipped with brand new lighting.

Timeline Article
Filter reviews

Paul

Creative Practice MA

It was okay in the end, but in no part from the College, it was down to friends and family to help with spelling. Looking back it's all about getting bottoms on seats.

Emma

Photography BA (Hons)

There is a lot of work that goes into the serious stuff so it can be rather stressful especially around dissertation time but an amazing experience overall. Made new friends and gained confidence and independence.

Jess

Leeds Arts University

Fashion Photography BA (Hons)

it's been a great experience so far, great support from lecturers. they have great equipment to loan throughout the week and professional studios which can be booked out fortnightly.

Ellen

Leeds Arts University

Fashion Branding with Communication BA (Hons)

I wouldn't have chosen any other university. Leeds as a whole is a great area and community to spend your time at university at. While Leeds art university is a fantastic university for those wanting to go further in the creative industry.

Annie Hall

Illustration BA (Hons)

I've been really enjoying the course as the tutors are great and I've found the projects/briefs to be really exciting. I also love living in Leeds as it's full of great things to do and there are loads of other creative people.

Illustration BA (Hons)

Wonderful for academic reasons, pretty awful for personal reasons. I can not feasibly blame my university for personal trauma but I do hold them accountable for failing to provide me with any support, even when it was incredibly clear to my tutors and the counsellors that I was in desperate need. Academically however, I could not ask for a better uni, the structure and content of the course is amazing and I always feel lucky to be there.

Jacqueline Naylor

Leeds Arts University

Visual Communication BA (Hons)

I have found this university to be badly organised. The course is forever changing and students are not made aware until the last minute. It is a shambles and if I wasn't determined to get the degree I have paid £9000 a year for I would have left and found another course

Hannah

Leeds Arts University

I have so far had a great experience at uni and I will be sad to leave. It’s been a great institution to be a part of and I’ve learnt a lot about my chosen subject and it has helped me become a lot more independent.

Poppy Belcham

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

Overall I have loved my experience of university so far. My tutors on foundation and my first year degree have been exceptionally supportive. I have been pushed to challenge myself and the facilities provide the perfect opportunities to learn new skills. I feel like part of a big loving community at Leeds arts university and can’t imagine myself studying anywhere else for these 3 crucial years of my leanrning life.

Lucy Howard

Leeds Arts University

Printed Textiles and Surface Pattern Design BA (Hons)

The uni has a very good community feel, no departments or areas of the uni feel off limits to students on different courses. Tutors are always there to help and make the experience easier and enjoyable through their knowledge and personal experiences. The course has helped to set me up for the future and my career and I have enjoyed every minute. All events put on by the uni has make me feel at home in Leeds and set up useful connections for when I graduate.

Rating summary