1,593 Leeds Arts University reviews

• Leeds Arts University
Christy

Leeds Arts University

Obviously different with the pandemic, but trying to make it as positive and accessible as possible. Tutors are as available as they can be to be responsive to emails and give tutorial sessions and support when possible. Many webinars are taking place with art professionals to keep us thinking about life after uni/jobs. All workshops, studio and computer spaces are available to book out, with covid lateral flow tests available to use before going into uni. Library facilities available to use on a bookable basis, and taking books out. Student Union putting on virtual events, welfare weeks etc to keep moral going and helping with the creative student community.

Lucy

Leeds Arts University

Visual Communication BA (Hons)

I really enjoy everything about the facilities and there is a great variety of expert staff on hand to help with any project. The staff are friendly and approachable and I think they contribute to the overall welcoming and comfortable atmosphere of the university.

Raya

MA Graphic Novel

This is the third university I've attended, and it is my favorite so far. Everyone has been incredibly nice and super helpful. Whenever I've needed help with something, someone has always been there to help me! Also the lectures are engaging and I always look forward to them! The projects are just perfect and I really enjoy them

Photography BA (Hons)

Overall I've really enjoyed my time so far at Leeds Arts University. I love my course and the people I've met on it! The tutors are great and the Student Union are super supportive and active in making the university the best it can be.

Elizabeth

Leeds Arts University

Creative Writing BA (Hons)

I have not felt as connected to the course and it seemed more difficult to get support. Being able to communicate in person was limited due to not being in the actual building

Miranda

Leeds Arts University

Cause of corona it’s been difficult, tutors are really good one on one, I have developed my skills and practice, Leeds is a good city I rarely get to speak to peers, they don’t talk over online classes

Louis

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

My university experience over all has been enough to build up my portfolio and feel semi confident about going into the industry. I would have liked more support in terms of finding a job.

Jasmine

Illustration BA (Hons)

It started fantastic, barely a complaint for the first year and a half. But then things started to go down hill, mainly due to the uni itself rather than the course and the blantent disregard for students identities, mental health and progression after uni. Obviously covid has had a bit of an impact but I think if the uni genuinely cares about their students wellbeing it would have shown. I'm really annoyed that my experience fizzled away to such a negative ending because the course taught me a lot, just fell short on industry education compared to what they're were bragging about in open days, and abandoned its students as soon as the last module was done

Harriet
22 Jun 20

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

good time however feel I was let down by the course they had favourites and if you weren't one of them you were forgotten and left behind

06 Jun 20

Leeds Arts University

Popular Music Performance BMus (Hons)

Leaving this establishment was the best decision I ever made. Honestly I do not recommend this course to anyone. Non of the students on my course were treated as adults or held accountable for their actions. Bullying is a serious issue at this institution.