Student reviews of Leeds Arts University

1,070 Leeds Arts University reviews

• Leeds Arts University
Sarah

Leeds Arts University

I am loving university life i was very scared before going but once settled in i have really enjoyed meeting new people and starting my course. I rhink coming to university has helped me personally come out my shell and all so helped ne develope my work further

IW
India whyte

Leeds Arts University

I’ve really enjoyed my time at LAU. The city is great, good university with interesting lectures. I’d actually like more set sessions with art talk to learn more. Also I think the grading can often be unfair, feedback is usually unhelpful and doesn’t tell you what you did wrong.

Claudia

Illustration BA (Hons)

I’m having a great time, I’ve met friends for life and have learnt many new skills. It’s also been good for me to step outside my comfort zone and live so far away from home

LG
Lucy Gosling

Illustration BA (Hons)

It started off horrible if I'm being honest. I almost dropped out in the first week. Once the social side of things levelled out I have really enjoyed uni. The studio atmosphere is great and the tutors are welcoming and approachable.

Leeds Arts University

It's been great, and the more I think about it the more I should be here, not anywhere else. Found some amazing freinds, quite happy with my flat and the city, and the course has been good. I can't believe I happened to be a student here and how lucky I am.

Olivia

Leeds Arts University

It’s been up and down with adjusting to moving away from home however good for the most part, it’s not what I expected but it’s good. I thought I would probably have more involvement within societies and things that the uni put on but every event is art based and sometimes you just want something to happen that ever other university does, not everything has to be art based because we’re an arts university, it’s nice to have a break

Jade

Textile Design BA (Hons)

This is the best time of my life after working in a dead end job in an office for 5 years; I feel so grateful to be in the presence and opportunity to expand my skills and have the pleasure to be surrounded by similar individuals (students and tutors) with different skills

Marie

Textile Design BA (Hons)

To study in Leeds Arts University was a very good experience. As an Erasmus student, I met a lot of international people, it was very instructive ! I also learnt different techniques I didn't know before. The atmosphere of the University was very kind.

Jaimie

Animation BA (Hons)

Yeah, good. Can't complain. Leeds Arts is definitely to place to be is you're SERIOUS about a career in the arts. They don't really let you drift though here too much, you are really pushed to do the best you can. Can get stressful but it is worth it and you can really see who will make it and who wont.

Matilda

Textile Design BA (Hons)

it is a lovely time for you to help find and descover yourself through new experiences and meeting new people. the uni is great for expanding your skills and teaching you new things.