Student reviews of Leeds Arts University

1,070 Leeds Arts University reviews

• Leeds Arts University
Lucy

Textile Design BA (Hons)

I’ve really struggled to realise what kind of designer I am. The use of workshops and staff support has helped me to realise I’m not a commercial designer, and that’s okay!

j

Textile Design BA (Hons)

I am really enjoying the course, getting settled in. The people on the course are really friendly, both students and tutors. there is lots of clubbing that occurs but i have not been, so finding social things to do other than drinking is harder but the Student Union set up great activities to cater for this.

TW
Tilly Ward

Leeds Arts University

My university experience has been overall positive so far, I have made a lot of adjustments due to coming from a small town, as well as working in a very different way to A level

AA
Abigail Ayres

Fashion Design BA (Hons)

I really enjoy university life, living alone and making new friends is very enjoyable as well as the course. Leeds is a great city, I like that everything is within walking distance too

Jessica

Creative Practice MA

Without reading everything have sorted so far, I believe my uni experience has been the best I have had so far. They allow me to be me and help guide me to where I want to be. They treat me as an equal and my practice has flourished since comments to Leeds Arts I'm just annoyed I only get to spend two years here and not more. Access to equipment is easy and allows me to be in control of my practice and time management. It's great for a part timer like me.

Natasha

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

Amazing, the course is better than I could’ve expected. The city is fun and vibrant and there’s chances to do anything! Feel like compared to other graphic design courses lines very hands on and experimental which I enjoy.

Leeds Arts University

Really bad, uninterested tutors, no education what so ever I have learnt nothing. I have lost all motivation in my course. Outside of academia, I have had a good experience of the city and made friends at my Leeds University Society.

Megan

Textile Design BA (Hons)

I’ve only been at university since September but I only have positive things to say! The tutors and course leaders are really supportive and always around to talk. The facilities in our university are amazing and therefore there are so many workshops that we are able to take part in. For anyone interested in studying art and design I would absolutely recommend Leeds Arts Uni. Not just for the university itself but Leeds is such a creative hub and so it’s a great place to meet other artists/designers and develop ideas.

JS
Jackie slater

Photography BA (Hons)

Enjoyed every minute of it! Ask for support at the first hurdle...no one wants you to fail. I found other students were also very supportive . This is a great place to study!

Sarag

Photography BA (Hons)

My experience has been difficult, I felt as though I needed more support regarding my mental health throughout as it has made the whole experience more troublesome. However it has been educational, and I can't fault the tutors or the facilities.