462 Bishop Grosseteste University reviews

• Bishop Grosseteste University
Matthew

(MA) Education

The MA Education has been a really good experience for me. Tutors are really supportive and spend time getting really good guest speakers. In lockdown, the course has developed a really good online support for students.

Jessica

Bishop Grosseteste University

Education Studies and Applied Drama (with Foundation Year) BA (Hons)

I have found my course to be interesting and my teachers have been helpful with my confidence and the materials I need to do well in my studies. I have also found this first year to be extremely helpful in deciding what I route I want to take in the future

Rianna

Bishop Grosseteste University

Education Studies and Sociology BA (Hons)

My experience has been enjoyable regardless of the pandemic. There has been a large range of support available which I have been able to access. The lecturers have made sure all materials are available online and easy to access and the lessons have been very similar online to what they would be in person. When we could go into university it was corona safe and activities were still able to take place but in a safe way so that we could still learn

Amy

Bishop Grosseteste University

Primary Education with QTS (3 Years) BA (Hons)

Given the circumstances, the university has given the best support possible. This not only includes academic support but also easy access to mental health services such as an on site mental health professional. It is relatively easy to book an appointment with the therapist available and great advice is offered. Additionally in terms of assingment support, students are entitled to three sessions with an assignment support worker a year. Personally I dislike that there is a restriction on how often advice and help for assignment work can be seeked, especially as some students with additional needs such as dyslexia may require extra help. This limitation feels like a disadvantage to those who really need the help most. The facilities the university offers are also brilliant and specifically cater towards my chosen course which is primary education. This includes multiple libraries with a plethora of resources and books that students can access and take out at any time. Within these libraries there are also different resources that can be used within placement such as story sacks which can be temporarily loaned to students and used on placement to help facilitate children's learning. The campus also offers multiple eating areas such as the refectory, cafe and outdoor seating area. The cafe is one of my favourite facilities on campus as it is an Alice in Wonderland themed cafe, which sells different sweet treats such as cakes and other bites. The prices are fair and the atmosphere is amazing. The main thing that drawed me to BGU in the first place and is the reason I enjoy uni so much is the small and friendly community feel. The university is relatively small and so it's very much a community as opposed to huge, multiple campuses. The campus also has some on site washing facilities and includes a launderette. I personally prefer to wash my clothes at home when I visit home during the weekends as the on campus washing machines are not of high quality and often do not completely clean clothes properly. In terms of placements, the university is great in offering advice and support to students attending placement. They also do their best to accommodate to students as best as they can by trying to provide placements that are nearby to the student and taking into account their wishes. This enhanced focus on the uni student as an individual is a key core of the univeristy that is felt throughout the campus. Another on campus facility is the cinema. This cinema is open both to the public and students, however students are offered a discount. It is a great facility to have as the univeristy campus is a far walk from town and other entertainment facilities so it is useful to have an entertainment facility within walking reach.

Luke

Bishop Grosseteste University

Education Studies and History BA (Hons)

Overall my time at BGU has been one that I certainly can not regret, although it has been tough given the COVID-19 pandemic having only one and a half years actually on campus. Despite this, I have been given the opportunity to work alongside my peers in a range of situations and ultimately gain the degree that everyone goes to university to get.

Bec

Bishop Grosseteste University

Primary Education with QTS (3 Years) BA (Hons)

I am pleased with my university experience and will be sad to graduate next year. Bishop Grosseteste University has supported me during the past 2 years and I have felt more confident when completing my assignments.

Lauren

Bishop Grosseteste University

Sport, Coaching and Physical Education (with Foundation Year) BSc (Hons)

I am returning to the university in September to complete my PGCE year where I will hopefully become a qualified secondary school P.E teacher. BG has helped me to understand further aspects towards my future career extending my knowledge and skills in order to help me get a job.

Megan

Bishop Grosseteste University

Early Childhood Studies BA (Hons)

I have only revived 6 weeks (October - November) in person teaching due to two lockdowns and university imposed precautionary self-isolations. The rest (December-May) has been online but this is not of the same standard of in person teaching. It’s far less interesting and difficult to engage with and - frankly - not not worth the money.

Abigail

PGCE Primary (5-11)

Friendly staff and a nice campus. Library is very good, very useful room of resources just for teaching and education. Felt like more could have been taught on the course such as reports and how and when to assess. I would have preferred to pre learn about it rather than go into a classroom and have to learn it on the job.

Abby

History BA (Hons)

I have had a wonderful experience at BGU so far, and have grown both as an academic student and a person. I feel prepared for life after university, and will miss my time at BGU.