University of Leeds | Student Reviews

1,635 University of Leeds reviews

• University of Leeds

University of Leeds

Medical Sciences BSc (Hons)

Overall alright experience, not joined any clubs or societies due to lack of information and lockdown. Access to facilities like a library, gym and lectures on campus was limited only, which contributed to less good experience. However overall standard of facilities seems good.

Alya

Physics BSc (Hons)

My university experience has been heavily impacted by the pandemic, hence the 3 stars. Even though the university itself provides many online activities that students can partake in, this still cannot be compared to having a real and offline university experience. I would give 5 stars to the well-being, student support, as well as the social side of university. But as for the learning experience, I think there is a lot of room for improvement.

Kate

University of Leeds

English Literature BA (Hons)

The tutors in the uni of Leeds school of English have worked tirelessly to give us the best academic experience they could online. They have listened to our feedback and wants, and have cut down our word load where needed in order to assess us on the best possible grounds. Overall I’ve been satisfied with the standard of online teaching and the library facilities available to us - although I understand that for others doing more practical courses this may have been more of an issue.

Isobel

University of Leeds

I have been on placement for this year and even though I haven’t been directly studying at the university and with COVID they have still been really good checking in with me and making sure my placement is going well and my tutor has always been quick to respond if I have questions and has offered multiple video call catch ups if I wanted it

Mariel

University of Leeds

Law (graduate programme) LLB (Hons)

If it wasn't for the pandemic I’d give it a 5. Imo, the actual lecture materials were of high quality and I’ve learned everything i needed for my 2nd year. However, the lack of extra curricular activities left me more stressed when handling assignments and exams. Overall, the lecturers did their best but I did not get the “university” experience since remote learning gives very little opportunity to grow as a person.

Sophie

University of Leeds

Communication and Media BA (Hons)

Overall good year but not what I expected even with covid in mind. I should not be paying the same amount as a usual student with access to all facilities and in person contact hours. I enjoyed the things I have learned but my experience was far less than a student that was not taught during covid

Toby

Geography BSc (Hons)

Absolutely awful experience. Would not recommend to anyone. Extremely poor value for money. Received barely half of what is expected and promised by the uni and yet no compensation to account for this. Extremely poor decision making from the uni and for them to then say next year will be online for any event with more than 30 people is shocking. Clearly the uni haven't clocked on that we put up with online learning due to the extreme nature of the pandemic at the time, not because we enjoy it.

Abbey

University of Leeds

International Relations BA (Hons)

I do really like my university and think it was the best place for me. I love the city and how student based it is. I think the university has a lot of room for improvement though, especially with student academic support and career/internship opportunities. Overall, I would recommend Uni of Leeds if you are independent and self-motivated as there is no hand holding, especially with online learning, which I personally like but can be challenging if you are used to a lot of support and encouragement from teachers/tutors.

Igor

University of Leeds

English Literature with Creative Writing BA (Hons)

Leeds is an overall good university and I am happy that I have attended. I have met many passionate people who teach because they love their subject and want students to love it as much as them. There’s also however, some improvement to be done in modernising the underfunded English department and providing better support on some of the modules.

Sophie

University of Leeds

English Literature BA (Hons)

COVID has made it very hard this year for everyone, but I feel as though things (such as small group seminars) have been kept online unnecessarily. This has affected students mental health negative and could’ve been avoided. However, the teachers and academics are very well informed on their subjects and the libraries are amazing.