University of Huddersfield

761 University of Huddersfield reviews

• University of Huddersfield
Hibah

Optometry BSc (Hons)

This year university has been a difficult experience as a lot of my modules have been online and I have found it quite difficult to understand some topics however I have been able to contact my module leaders for support. Another aspect I have struggled with is making friends as I haven’t had much time to spend with people at university as I only came in either once or twice to university. I understand a lot of issues were Covid related but I feel more support is needed in the future

1 people found this helpful

Dislike. Emails were slow to respond and I was given no support and got a bad grade as a result. Was not allowed to appeal and now stuck with a dissatisfied score. Marking was way too harsh. Definitely not value for money esp when all facilities were limited and classes were all online.

Hamza

Do not think it was worth the money as we did not go back to university even after it was said to reopen. My friends at other Uni's all went back but me which I didnt think was fair as we are all paying £9000 a year.

TL
Tiq Lawrence

Education (Early Years) BA (Hons)

The wide rebate of society’s

KF
Katrina Fisher
First gen student

Special Educational Needs, Disabilities and Inclusion BA (Hons)

University of Huddersfield has a great atmosphere, the staff are always willing to help and the students union goes above and beyond to support any needs. There could be better support between some of the services at university as students find it difficult to know which services they can use if they need help. I feel as though this should be talked about more during the first couple of weeks so that students are aware of who they can turn to for support.

Juwairiya

Psychology with Counselling BSc (Hons)

The university is great and calm. Support is always provided and there are alway new building and facilities.

ER
Ellen Raine

Costume with Textiles BA (Hons)

The facilities are amazing. Especially in the design block, they remade the building a few years ago and it has everything you could ever want! The teaching is fantastic and the support is great. Honestly couldn’t have chosen a better university for me! The town doesn’t have an awful lot in it but it has everything you need. I’m not a city person so Huddersfield was just what I wanted/needed.

RC
Rachel Carter

Textiles BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)

Overall great University Experience with lots of support from tutors.

VL
Viki Locking

Podiatry BSc (Hons)

The lectures are all lovely, and the facilities are ok. The location is great for the train but parking is awful around it. The building itself is old and tired but maintained ok. There is limited cafes on site and during covid even when students were in they have been closed. The food is ok but not much variety. The library is well stocked and open late to stay and study.

Arooj

Psychology with Counselling BSc (Hons)

I think the experience I received this year was the best it could be regarding the circumstances, I have received lots of help with my work and I will be looking forward to next year to actually being on campus