University of Exeter | Student Reviews

History BA (Hons)

happy

Jack

PGCE Primary with Teaching and Learning

Great - really useful and has led me to my dream job. I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Tedd Wragg award for my teacher training. I was very fortunate to be given such fantastic support throughout and thoroughly recommend this course.

Olivia

University of Exeter

Mathematics and Physics BSc (Hons)

At the start, I really struggled, I'd had two years off between college and university and I found it very difficult to remember what I'd already learnt, let alone learn new things. I had ups and down throughout my degree. But in my final year I was really happy. I had learnt how to manage my stress better with support from the university. I also enjoyed having greater freedom in my module choices. I loved being a member of the Out of Doors Society, which I was on committee for as treasurer in my final year. I love the beautiful campus and city of Exeter. My graduation day was the best day of my life. Completing my degree will always be the hardest thing I do and my greatest achievement. The University of Exeter will always have a special place in my heart.

Emma

University of Exeter

Environmental Science BSc (Hons)

It's been very good! It's a lovely part of the country to live in , people are very friendly, there are lots of activties to get involved with both within the university and with the local community. It's defintely a smaller campus in Cornwall so you have less societies but it wasn't really a problme for me.

Jo

Philosophy BA (Hons)

I have now finished University but overall: 1. I loved the course itself, particularly in 2nd/3rd year when you had a lot of freedom as to what you wanted to study and specialise in. I ended up doing a lot of Philosophy of Mind modules so I became very knowledgeable on the subject by the end of my degree. 2. The campus itself is lovely and very green and it's easy to learn where everything is. Lots of cafes and places to sit in Summer. 3. The career zone is brilliant. 4. There's definitely a class issue, I think they need to actually widen participation and diversify the student faculty. I was myself from a less privileged background and often felt like an extreme minority, due to things like clothes, accent, possessions, etc. Exeter has a reputation for being full of posh, rich people and I'm not sure whether it's aware of this.

Courtney

University of Exeter

It’s been difficult due to personal circumstances but I have still thoroughly enjoyed my experience. I had to interrupt in my second year but the university was very accommodating and have helped me with the process

Laura

Conservation and Biodiversity MSc

Positive- all the lecturers have been positive and helpful to any issues. Despite that lots of the work is due all at the same time, the way that the course is laid out, makes it very clear what is required for each assignment.

George

University of Exeter

Geography BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)

It was great. Being in Cornwall made it. If it wasn't in Cornwall it would not get away with the lack of facilities and small/unseen SU. If they could develop this and get some uni sports infrastructure it would be better.

Charlotte

History BA (Hons)

Absolutely amazing! Now that I’ve graduated, I really miss Penryn campus. I had the best three years there and met some fantastic people. The course was really well structured and the location was beautiful.

Oscar

University of Exeter

Economics and Politics with Industrial Experience BSc (Hons)

Great experience so far, the course has been challenging but enjoyable and the sport on offer has been a great way to meet new people and socialise a lot. Exeter clubs are a bit dead though