Student reviews of University of Exeter

University of Exeter 1359 reviews

Filter reviews

Alex Houseago

University of Exeter

Economics with European Study BSc (Hons)

Overall I have enjoyed my time here. The social life is great, and there are many opportunities to meet others through the plethora of student societies. However the lecture sizes were too large to be very engaging, and there was always a lack of study space on campus.

Kira Martin

Anthrozoology MA

Lovely place and interesting topic. Shame some of the tutors and teaching wasn't as I might have expected from a centre of academic excellence. Overall the place is excellent, but I wouldn't do this particular course again.

Calvin Browne

Physics BSc (Hons)

Excellent, I met lots of diverse and interesting people. I learnt much about the incredible depth of Physics and saw opportunities to get involved in. I got to further myself by getting involved in societies and help others.

Amira Conley-Conversi

University of Exeter

Archaeology and Anthropology with Study Abroad BA (Hons)

They were some of the best years ever! Even with all the work load stress. I really enjoyed every module I took, everything was incredibly interesting and I learnt so many things that I would never have otherwise.

Danlei Chen

University of Exeter

Management with Marketing with Industrial Experience (4 years) BA (Hons)

Very good experience. My bachelor study lays a foundation for me to get further education, such as postgraduate. I like Exeter university very much regarding on its facilities and learning environment.

Amy

Anthrozoology MA

I would go back to Exeter but definitely not for this course. Lovely place, I thought the course should have been much better for the price and the reputation of the programme head. Felt very disappointed with the (in my opinion) very biased language and attitude of one lecturer when discussing certain ethical and emotive topics. Wasn't expecting to find that in a top university. Would have given Exeter a much higher rating if it wasn't so difficult to access additional guidance through the lecturers, I felt that they should know of appropriate readings and avenues of support. Although it must be said that most tutors were very flexible with tutorial times, and some were very helpful with additional readings sources, particularly around pets.

Ryan

University of Exeter

Civil Engineering BEng (Hons)

10/10. I've enjoyed every minute since settling in. The sports societies are the cherry on the top of the cake. A real community and a great atmosphere around campus.

Victoria Hair

History BA (Hons)

Absolutely loved it. Found some amazing friends, took interesting classes I never thought I would enjoy or want to take and had some fantastic experiences with numerous societies which also greatly improved my CV.

Sophie

University of Exeter

History and Ancient History BA (Hons)

It’s been a fantastic experience that has allowed me to meet next people and have new experiences. The work has been challenging and rewarding, and the university had been a great environment to learn in.

Angeliki

University of Exeter

Biological Sciences BSc (Hons)

My experience at university of Exeter has been one of the most amazing experiences. Even though few issues, I was overall very happy. It was all very organized and I loved my courses, which was the most important aspect of it. Life in Exeter was also very nice as there are more places to go than you initially think and the nature is magnificent. Being an international student, I found the place and people very warm , welcoming and helpful and it was easy to meet new people and made some very special friends.

Rating summary