University of Exeter | Student Reviews

1,695 University of Exeter reviews

• University of Exeter
Kaleb

University of Exeter

Very helpful lectures & tutors, but I would have preferred more smaller & interactive lectures rather than just being talked at. But coursework feedback was very helpful for the most part. Exams seemed kind of redundant because they were all open book and online, aside from the philosophy exam I did which was essay-based and hence I actually needed to properly prepare for it as I couldn’t just use notes to do well in the exam. Very good facilities, the gym is really good, but the library is a bit small and dull for such a big university.

Krishang

University of Exeter

Business and Management BSc (Hons)

COVID-19 made my learning experience extremely isolated and distant; however, the university did a relatively okay job at making this year more convenient for its students. They have great facilities and employability prospects, so I look forward to my next two years. Interested to see how my experience changes with the introduction of in person classes.

Kris

International Relations MA

Overall, it feels a little pointless to be paying so much for online classes. Understandably, lecturers and staff need to be paid, but while the university has done its best during these time, it feels like very little value for money.

ashley

University of Exeter

Psychology with Study Abroad BSc (Hons)

My overall experience was pretty poor this year but that was almost entirely due to covid and remote learning. I am confident that had the year been in person it would have been better value overall.

Harvey

English BA (Hons)

Despite the lockdown taking away much of what our university experience should have been, the university has brought their all, making the overall experience an excellent one. The teaching quality is outstanding, and I have been very lucky with the seminar leaders that I have ended up with. I would highly recommend Exeter university and the course specifically to other prospective students. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself and it has completely opened my eyes to so much of the world (particularly in terms of history, minorities and areas of critical theory). Bring on year two!

Ella

University of Exeter

Politics, Philosophy and Economics BA (Hons)

I feel disconnected from the university and the experience as a result of this year. This year had not been a positive experience and myself, along with many of my friends feel as though we have barely/just about got by.

Ross

Geography BA (Hons)

The courses in the first term were engaging despite being online, however term 2 courses seemed like they had no direction and weren't fit for online study. The feedback from coursework was poor as one word feedback is not adequete to improve on your work, yet this did improve to a paragraph on modules further on in the course. The lecturers responded quickly to emails and empathised with the struggle of online teaching. I did not know before enrolling that term 3 did not consist of any taught content which is very disappointing and seems a waste of a term especially when doing work online.

Evgenia

University of Exeter

Economics and Finance with Industrial Experience BSc (Hons)

Overall experience has been great. Societies are an integral part of the Exeter university life. Evryone is very welcoming during freshers week. This year has been difficult in terms of organising events and meeting people but the university has put a lot of effort. It;s a relly nice institute and the city is brilliant as well. Very student vibes and perfect for someone who likes to walk/cycle to places.

Georgia

University of Exeter

English and Drama BA (Hons)

Alright. Covid, there was a bomb scare and I got out of my accommodation (to Newton Abbott). Other than that uneventful, next year will definitely be better. Not worth the money - sorry. 2020-2021 education would not recommend to a friend or mild acquaintance.

Emma

Mathematics BSc (Hons)

Overall I love uni but this year was not worth it online as I do not have seminars so all my lectures were shorter videos than I would’ve got had it been in person