838 University of Dundee reviews

• University of Dundee
Léa

University of Dundee

Business Economics with Marketing MA (Hons)

Overall, my experience has been okay, I have found support in my transition from one country to another and friends that were going through the same thing. However, the was a severe lack of support from the university to students, with us being heavily ignored and our complaints rarely being taken into account. Lecturers and tutors have ignored me which unfortunately led to me being very lost in some of my lectures. Other than that, the lectures in themselves were interesting and I believe to have learned as much as I would have in a normal year, but with more difficulty.

Student

Accountancy BAcc (Hons)

Cutting some slack because of covid, but in general its not been great. Lecture material has not been updated to modern covid times, for example, some is still in the print out and bring to class vibe, despite everyone doing it from home. (not everyone has a printer, and could do with small changes to make it more accesabile) There is also mistakes in slides and clear evidence that they haven't been updated in a while. Lecturers don't really make an effort to discuss the material with students or even form a small relationship with them. I wouldn't say they have enhanced my learning at all. I felt like I was not really supported with my learning and more just trying to battle against them. for example, there is no discussion around why topics are its just, here's a paper one of us did and it found this. It's a shame because you can see the lecturers are knowledgeable, but when you look at where the uni is on the league table (65th at time of writing) its no surprise. Heaps of potential for this school and course, however.

Rosie

Geography MA (Hons)

My experience has been overall okay, but I think coronavirus has impacted a lot and my rating will have been changed due to that. I have only had 1 on campus tutorial and everything else has been online.

Jean

Mathematics BSc (Hons)

The uni helped when i was having mental health issues and the lecturers are nice. the facilities are all clean and the range of things they sell in the uni shop have good variety

Astrid

University of Dundee

Geography and Psychology MA (Hons)

Good despite being mostly online all year. My courses have all been interesting, student support has been great in my experience. Some things have been tricky due to COVID but everyone has tried their best to keep us engaged.

Nutthamon

International Commercial Law LLM

My first impression is the team who went to Thailand to talk about the university. They were very nice. My second impression is the people who waited for me in the airport, bus stops and around the city during the first month where the course began. The third impression is that there were so many free stuff in the university. For example; free SIMs, pens, bags, pads and etc. The fourth impression is that compared to other universities ( from my friend) Dundee university is always flexible. There were people who would just listen to you and would try their best to make you feel comfortable. The fifth impression is the lecturers. They were always there when I had any questions. The classes were interactive, got everyone involved in the classroom like I’ve never seen before. The last impression would be free seminars that students can participate. For example, seminars about climate change that even law students can join in. They brought scientists and lawyers from all over the world to talk to us, to tell us where the world is heading and the things we can do to improve this little planet. All students here are also very friendly. Everyone is so nice. I have zero regrets. This place has changed my life completely.

Sarah

University of Dundee

Despite the challenges of online teaching, the university of Dundee have adapted to this change well. Lectures have been engaging and I often feel that I learn better from them as I can go back and rewatch areas that are less clear. The university has also communicated well with students keeping us up to date when in teaching classes may start and providing us with resources if we require further support.

Tanya

University of Dundee

Civil Engineering MEng (Hons)

I am in my 4th year now, this year as a whole has not been the best. The most stressful uni year paired with a pandemic is awful, without my course mates I think I would have dropped out by now :)

Catriona

University of Dundee

History and International Relations MA (Hons)

Department has declined since I began my studies, thus there has been less options concerning choice of modules. This might have contributed to my choice of university if I had known.

Aislinn

Mathematics MMath

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at university. My course has been very well taught and I've been given all the support I need. I've enjoyed learning about a huge variety of topics, particularly those in applied mathematics.