Northumbria University, Newcastle

3,574 Northumbria University, Newcastle reviews

• Northumbria University, Newcastle
DB
Dana Biskupova

Mass Communication with Advertising BA (Hons)

Worst aspect is definitely the quality of education. I don't feel like I am getting the full uni experience because the teachers don't seem all that interested in actual teaching. Might be just my course though. The facilities and campus are great though. I absolutely love it, although we could use a student cantine.

Anna

Fashion BA (Hons)

EC
Emma Collier

Mass Communication with Public Relations BA (Hons)

The best aspects is definitely what the uni offers us. Like big days on campus with food stalls and different things always going on. Food is always available at Habita in the SU. The uni also offers great extra curricular activites so like I play hockey and a member of snow sports and the socials and people I have met have changed my life. It’s absolutely amazing in providing that. My lecturers are understanding and easy to communicate with even when having a breakdown over work. Sometimes the uni high ups are difficult with their Comms but try and ignore that and focus on what I’ve actually gained

GA
Grace Armstrong

Theatre and Performance BA (Hons)

Good atmosphere

Climence

MSc International Finance and Investment

na

Shanaz

Media and Journalism BA (Hons)

I started on a foundation year with law, during the pandemic. So I had to go online for most of the entire year. And to be honest it was hard because you couldn’t get the most substantial support for your studies and to be honest, I didn’t really enjoy the full uni experience, that is probably one of the worst aspects, but I worked really hard and felt rewarded after passing my foundation year. Entering my first year, I was now going to be on campus for the first time. The initial anxiety was there but honestly the people I met on the Law course were so nice and welcoming. But after a few weeks, I just knew that Law wasn’t for me at , I wasn’t sure whether the process of changing course would be easy at the time I was changing but, I went to the student ask4help desk and they made it so easy with the application. I felt so at ease. I felt I did the right thing. And I did, I enjoy it so much more (Media and Journalism). You never really fully know what you want to do in life. And that is okay for a uni student, there are options and guidance at your universities. Do what you think is best and right for you.

Harriet

Fashion Design and Marketing BA (Hons)

Alex