Northumbria University, Newcastle | Student Reviews

3,441 Northumbria University, Newcastle reviews

• Northumbria University, Newcastle
Aiden

Northumbria University, Newcastle

Applied Sport and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

Better than I could have ever expected! Prior to uni I still wasn’t sure if I wanted to come, but since moving away from home and starting my course it has changed me as a person. I feel like I’m progressing nicely into adulthood and my personal issues with mental health, etc. haven’t been as severe as they were during and after A-Levels. The only issue is the debt but that’s an issue for a few years time.

Jess

Northumbria University, Newcastle

Information Technology Management for Business (ITMB) BSc (Hons)

Uni has been an amazing experience. I’ve gained friends learned about a subject I’m passionate about and live in my favorite city. Would recommend to anyone!!!!

George

Northumbria University, Newcastle

Nursing Science Registered Nurse (Child) BSc (Hons)

Really really enjoyed it, proper good nights out ;) Very friendly city with loads to do, lots of sports and activities at uni and great opportunities. SU is great too

History BA (Hons)

It has been a challenging but rewarding experience. I am happy with my choice of university and accomodation. I am surrounded by helpful people and I feel that the university is supportive of its students.

Katie

Northumbria University, Newcastle

Overall I found the uni experience very daunting. I disliked living in Halls and struggled to build friendships with my flat mates and often felt alone. I’ve always loved my course and never lost my interest for it. The course content has been amazing. Second year was very challenging academically and caused distress but I managed to build good friendships. In third year I have felt the most settled And joining the gym has had huge benefits on my mental health and overall uni experience. My placement allowed me to make good friends and gain experience. It gave me the confidence to apply for my current part time role. I am happy with my friends I live with and don’t want to leave uni! I feel prepared for the future

Jack

Northumbria University, Newcastle

Applied Sport and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

Brilliant met a great group of friends and have strong connections To my course and extra curricular groups. Newcastle is a great part city but also does top quality chill life with alot of cafes and restaurants

Lana

Northumbria University, Newcastle

my personal experience at university was hindered by outside circumstances, although the university itself is good. the disability support available (DSSR, PEC, resits) prevented me from failing and dropping out.

Nikoletta

Northumbria University, Newcastle

Sport, Exercise and Nutrition BSc (Hons)

I’m in my second year currently and the course I have chosen to study is exceeded my expectations in the way it is taught and I really enjoy the content provided

Ryan

Northumbria University, Newcastle

History and Politics BA (Hons)

Would recommend Uni for those who want to experience independent living and a new view on education not bogged down in aggressive goal reaching, however hard work is always needed to succeed and a new work ethic can be found at Uni. 8/10.

Jess

Northumbria University, Newcastle

Looking back I would have chosen a different course, as I feel I haven't really learned much and there aren't many jobs in Fine Art unless you're a teacher or freelance artist, which I'm not interested in.