Student reviews of Northumbria University, Newcastle

Northumbria University, Newcastle 2604 reviews

Timeline Article

Excellent facilities, Excellent support from staff and lecturers. In a very friendly city, no shortage of things to do. Amazing nightlife!

Timeline Article
Filter reviews

Leah

Northumbria University, Newcastle

Business (Top up) BA (Hons)

Very good, made great friends and good teachers aswell as great facilities. Amazing nightlife, clubs, and great city in general. Would defenitely recommend!!!

Ryan

Northumbria University, Newcastle

Foundation year in Law LLB (Hons)
23 Aug 18

They seem totally inept to do anything correctly at all. They don't follow their own procedures and most lectures and seminars are cancelled with no notice. We had 4 hours of contact per week when we were lucky enough to have tutors turn up.

Biology BSc (Hons)
18 Aug 18

I don’t ussualy write in review pages etc, but this university has really made my life better. I lived in a toxic environment at home and now I have amazing friends, a good city, and a good uni. If you’re thinking of coming here don’t hold back

18 Aug 18

Very very good would defenitely recommend amazing nightlife best in the country and great people friendly and outgoing. Good teachers and facilities, and amazing university experience.

18 Aug 18

I come from Germany so it took me a while to adapt but the city is good and the Geordies are very friendly. The university is good and a beautiful place to study.

Northumbria University, Newcastle

Media and Journalism BA (Hons)
18 Aug 18

Would 10/10 recommend, great nightlife, city life, friends, course, lectures and accommodation, hasn’t let me down at all in the slightest. Thank you Northumbria!

Northumbria University, Newcastle

Business (with Law) BA (Hons)
18 Aug 18

Very good. Made amazing friends and a very sociable city, and being from a far place from Newcastle it’s nice to feel so welcomed. Good course and university. Amazing nightlife!x

Laurel

Occupational and Organisational Psychology MSc
18 Aug 18

Very good over all wouldn’t change my choice, I think people are scared to choose the right path for university and I believe I have certainly chosen the right one.

Yap

Northumbria University, Newcastle

Business and Marketing BA (Hons)
03 Jul 18

Entering Northumbria is one of the worst decisions in my life. I am an international student, hoping to make new friends and make the most out of my final year in university but unfortunately coming to Northumbria was nothing but regret. My tutors in semester one were okay, but in semester two, tutors were not keen in teaching. I had one to one sessions with my lecturers regarding my work and I thought I was on the right track because lecturers were telling me I was doing okay. Upon getting my results, it turns out I have failed and when enquiring with my lecturers where I went wrong, they would avoid me by not respond to my mails or they would tell me they are busy. Furthermore, my classmates are definitely the most snobbish people I have met yet. No one is keen in getting to know you, especially the locals, who would only socialise among themselves. The service by student central (Ask4Help) was appalling as well. Seems to me like none of them were given proper training. If you were to ask them where a particular building in the uni would be, no one could give you an immediate answer. One of the responses I got was "Are you sure you got the right building?" If they can't give you an answer on simple things like this, imagine if you were to ask them more complex questions. The only thing great about this university is the library. Period. Everything else is horrible. I wish I could turn back time and enrol into a different university instead.

Anthony

Master of Fine Art (MFA)
01 Jun 18

My overall experience at Northumbria University was appauling. It was such a waste of money. Tutors decided to translate their own personal feelings towards me into my grades and feedback which left me with lower marks than I should have recieved. People generally felt out of touch with the rest of the world, not realising that students have to work in order to make a living and be able to afford university. Tutors seemed to only care about their pay rather than the students and would often be off doing their own thing when they should be at work helping their students. The modules are repetitive and dull and leaves you feeling underwhelmed, unsatisfied and doesn't actually help you with your careers or life outside of university. It was by far the worst 2 years of my life and it cost me over £10,000, avoid it at all costs so you don't make the same mistake I did!!!

Rating summary