Middlesex University

1,469 Middlesex University reviews

• Middlesex University
LA
Laura Abu Ownova

Psychology with Education BSc (Hons)

Campus is amazing, it gives me proper uni vibes and I'm enjoying my course. However, the social life is really poor, there are barely any events and it's hard to make friends when you don't live in halls. It feels extremely lonely.

KS
Krisha Solanki
First gen student

Interior Design with Foundation Year BA (Hons)

First of all I have to say one of the biggest perks of studying at Middlesex University as a creative student is the free printing facilities and the fact that we have free access to the creative cloud softwares. Which saves a chunk of money that can be spent on other things such as materials. Not only that depending on the creative course you are in you get set amount of money on your card e.g. interior design £30 that can be spent on the uni store for materials and equipment towards projects.

NC
Nishchala Chitradurga

BSc Psychology with Counselling Skills BSc (Hons)

The library is 24/7 and student support is great!

3 people found this helpful

EJ
Emily Jones

Music Business and Arts Management BA (Hons)

Pros : -Near bus links to Brent Cross, and central London -Lecturers are experienced industry professionals, - you are thrown in at the deep end when it comes to planning events, which some people might love. -my personal tutor is friendly and gets back to me very quick Cons -Usher halls accommodation : sometimes they have random maintenance, meaning people Nock and then try the handle. I have had to put a sign on my door to remind them that I pay rent for the room and it's an invasion of privacy to walk in. The people I live with have also been incredibly clicky. Not nice atmosphere -the managing arts and music projects module is hard. Working in teams is always encouraged (which should be) but at Times it has turned into pure competition. I guess this all depends on who your class mates are at the end of the day. - lots of workshops are taught by 3rd years not lecturers. - promised that we would get hands on work, but we have only had one industry opportunity which was cancelled 'due to covid' during a time when restrictions where lifted... Was there ever really an event in the first place… Who knows. -the second opportunity we got to organise an event was in term 2. We where thrown in at the deep end which is good in a way, but we had no budget to put on anything, plus even using the student union venues had a price tag. -i was ill and handed in my work 1 min past the deadline, he refused to mark it. I was then told by the tutor to apply for a short extension, which I couldn't do as that's something you do before you submit it if you think you might be late. I then applied for a deferral, having to wait 2 extra months for a grade, for the sake of one minute. It was all very stressful. - the music industry lectures are good. In one lecture i was really shocked when the tutor was telling us how women have a timeline in the industry, and how some big stars have IVF to get having children out of the way, to loose weight as quickly as possible, avoiding getting fat, getting back to a standard where they can be in the public eye, back to being brandable. I don't know what's worse... The fact that this is being said to a group of young professionals who will lead the industry one day, or the fact it was said by a women tutor…? Overall, yes some views might sound like they came right out of the 2000's, some lecturers might be a bit stubborn, events modules are hard, but if you think you can thrive in the music industry, I guess it's all stuff you have to learn to deal with. Best of luck choosing a university

AS
Ajay Singh

BSc Business Information Systems BSc (Hons)

There is good environment in campus, there is no discrimination, they treat every student equally and give all benefits. Moreover you can choose any module as you wish , the teachers are very helpful and give all support to students. Student can get laptops form university. Student can do many recreational activities and they can join campus gym. University has there own hostels so it is easily to student for accommodation. The conclusion is this is the best university in London and in whole world. I am very thankful to Middlesex university to give me Best education and all other facilities.

SN
Sumana Naikarilath Beekuttimade

Psychology Conversion MSc

Planning for doing masters in UK from India was a tough decision. Choosing university was another difficultly. Luckily, i found Middlesex university. Its a wonderful uni with a wonderful campus and best lectures.

1 people found this helpful

PB
Prabhakar Bohara

BSc Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

Great environment it provides for study and essential materials. The course, facilities is amazing; also the course module, professor all are amazing experience I had in the start of my first abroad university studying. Overall, I am very satisfied with teaching quality, facilities and environment it provides. However, for the bio medical laboratory is very limited what I felt, where practical activities are not abundant however they are improving their facilitate and qualities day by day. I really feel proud, blessed and amazing to be in the part of this university. It always gives me goosebumps, whenever I walked by Uni.

RC
Rebecca Crooks
First gen student

Veterinary Nursing (Huntingdon) BSc (Hons)

Communication needs to be improved

1 people found this helpful

NH
Nefisze Hadzhiveli

Fashion Design BA (Hons)

Campus is nice and big with good facilities however I do not like the location.

Monique

LLM/PGDip/PGCert Law (General)

Apart from a lack of cooperation regarding advice on undisclosed extenuating circumstances, my experience so far has been so good, I decided to stay on to do a masters. The teaching team are veryy apporachable and understanding. The facilities are veery hygienic (I'm a germaphobe) and accessible.