Harper Adams University

1,296 Harper Adams University reviews

• Harper Adams University
Katie

Working in the Weston between lectures is great as there is some level of noise unlike the library but you can still zone out if need be.

CW
Catherine West

Agriculture with Crop Management (top-up: ordinary) BSc

The library have a great range of books and all the staff I have encountered within my 3 years at university have been incredibly helpful and supportive. All the tutorial rooms and lecture theaters are modern and warm. Student support is one of the best things about the student life. I have had first had experience with student support and they have been so helpful with anxiety and stress. I wouldn't go any where else, I feel so at home and in my element.

WS
William Sansome

Agriculture (top-up) BSc (Hons)

- Great range of activities to do - Lots of student support and help - Great courses

RC
Rebecca Colwell
First gen student

Applied Zoology (with Placement) BSc (Hons)

Harper Adams University has a reputation for being an agricultural university and the atmosphere that comes along with that has its pros and cons. As someone who is not completing an agricultural degree, it can feel like you are being excluded, with different opinions causing arguments and on occasion bullying. This was especially bad when the SU received backlash for providing information on veganuary. This is slowly getting better with the addition of other new courses which is allowing more people from different backgrounds to attend and is forcing the university to address these issues. The nightlife at university is highly focused on drinking, especially sports clubs and societies are known for their crazy socials. However, other clubs are becoming available such as motorsport, gaming, conservation etc which are very inclusive. My teaching on my course has overall been good with many lecturers having excellent experience in their field of work. Despite COVID, I was still able to access members of staff and resources when needed. I particularly enjoyed the practical elements of my course as they are fun and help aid learning. My senior tutor was a good point of contact and helped me throughout my degree. As the first year of zoology, many modules and experiences we had throughout our degree is being changed and upgraded to provide an even better experience for future students. This is really positive as suggestions are coming directly from students to improve their course. I also enjoy the location of the university as it is quite a small university in a rural setting. This allowed for a quieter and cheaper place to live compared to cities. This also meant that my lecture and tutorial sizes were small enough that the lecturers would know you and be more available to help one to one.

Rachel

Veterinary Physiotherapy (with Placement) BSc (Hons)

The facilities are good with a farm and companion animals on campus.

EW
Em Wand

Veterinary Nursing (with Placement) BSc (Hons)

The facilities at Harper especially with the new veterinary education Centre have definitely enhanced the practice side of teaching for my degree, as they are modern, large teaching spaces with plenty of areas and ways to view what the lecturer is showing. The campus is always bright and full of nature and it feels very calming when you walk around. There are plenty of SU clubs and societies, I found the sport I love through Harper and have met many amazing people due to it. The new lecture theatres are very comfy and easy to hear and interact in, however the temporary one in the food educational unit, is often quite rickerty and not 100% stable so may need to consider a more permanent structure. I would say one improvement would be the SU its not very exciting when you walk inside and there needs to be more bar areas or staffing (I know this is hard) because you are waiting a long time to get a drink, also the SU toilets could do with an uplift (they are a bit gross). Otherwise, the SU nights are good fun, decent music for most nights I like how you are told prior what music might be on if it doesn't meet your taste.

AH
Alex Hall

Best - Been a great learning environment with the chance to persue your interests and bounce ideas off fellow course mates. The placement year was a great inside into industry allowing me to persue my career. There also been a great social side to the university and defiantly made great friends through sports and societies. Worst - Was a very tough course.

KB
Kate Bruford

Agriculture with Crop Management (with Placement) BSc (Hons)

Theres a good variety of study spaces. The campus is a nice place to be. I love how rural it is too. Maternity cover for lecturers could be better, we missed a terms worth of tutorials due to bad cover. But otherwise the staff are great, really interesting and encouraging.

SB
samuel Brittain
First gen student

Agriculture with Crop Management (with Placement) BSc (Hons)

great community feel catered accommodation not set in busy city nice local town

AE
Amal El’Ali

Veterinary Nursing (with Placement) BSc (Hons)

It's great because all the facilities are nearby and are open early till late. The library and student support are always available and go the mile to help you.