Birmingham City University | Student Reviews

1,585 Birmingham City University reviews

• Birmingham City University
erika

Birmingham City University

Criminology, Policing and Investigation BA (Hons)

It has been a great experience. I'm enjoying the second semester more than first one. I really appreciate the effort lecturer make to help, when possible. I'm really happy about the course choice, it is very interesting

Jennifer

Birmingham City University

Business Management BA (Hons)

My overall experience has been okay. I feel like I’m just attending for the timetabled seminars and lectures and haven’t felt an immense feeling of the ‘university experience’

Menal

Birmingham City University

Overall i don't regret anything apart from procrastinating some of my papers. The university experience is something i will always remember from my degree to the new friends i have made. I have grown from within and spiritually into a confident and positive person, waking up everyday and willing to make a difference.

Madii

Birmingham City University

Law with Criminology LLB (Hons)

Amazing. Had lots of opportunities come my way. I have been in many positions of responsibilities. University is so difference because you are ontour own at the end of the day even with friends by your side.

Mia

Birmingham City University

Music Technology BSc (Hons)

So challenging yet so enjoyable- each day I learn more and more and I often find inspiration where I least expect it! My mind is completely changed in terms of aspirations compared to when I started the degree - my eyes have been opened to the bigger picture and further opportunities!

Jess

Birmingham City University

Child Nursing (January) BSc (Hons)

My overall experience has been great at university. Although my course is one of the hardest, I definitely feel with the support of so many different people at university this is making my experience a positive one. I am always able to get feedback on what I have done well and where I need to improve. Without this I wouldn’t be able to develop my academic work or better myself as a person. All the staff at the university are lovely and willing to help if needed, not just the lecturers from my course. The use of facilities helps the campus to feel more of a relaxed environment, everything is easy to get to and all in one place if needed.

Annie

Birmingham City University

Accounting and Finance BSc (Hons)

I am in my final semester at BCU and have really enjoyed my whole experience, from the things I have learnt, my year on placement and the friends I have made, I will be sad to leave The lecturers are great and you feel part of a community.

Esme

Birmingham City University

Media and Communication BA (Hons)

My overall university experience has been fantastic. I enjoy the course and it's structure. They are taught well by tutors and industry professionals and we are given so many opportunities to expand our skills and knowledge.

Naomi

Birmingham City University

Media and Communication BA (Hons)

Lots of opportunities to get involved (although within Media there is more emphasis on TV students and activities than other specialisms) the work spaces provided in uni are clean and good, lots of plugs nearby. The teaching hours are fair, and never long days which has been nice. The commute is a bit tedious as we don't live far but traffic can be terrible. There are 0 contact hours in second semester of final year which makes me feel like I'm wasting money by renting here when I could have been at home, slightly annoying because they could have told us this during 2nd year as the teaching schedule has not changed. Sometimes they take a while to send out timetables, or you get given different information from different tutors which suggests a lack of organisation.

Birmingham City University

Child Nursing (September) BSc (Hons)

Poor. Wouldn't recommend the university at all. Lack of support from personal tutor was the biggest fault. Could live without everything else. Wouldn't recommend halls either. Was put with 2 third years so didn't make friends.