University of Exeter | Student Reviews

1,626 University of Exeter reviews

• University of Exeter
Claire

University of Exeter

Geography with European Study BSc (Hons)

I have loved my university experience, I'm really sad it will be ending next year. There has been some ups and downs but overall I've felt well supported and really enjoyed the degree. I've had the chance to get involved with lots of different activities through societies and my year abroad was the best thing I've ever done, the most incredible experience!

Charlie

Philosophy BA (Hons)

The uni is incredibly unwelcoming of disabled students. I am visibly disabled and students will avoid talking to me and make comments in class about how disabled people don't deserve to live. People will talk to my carer as if I'm not there. Racism is really common and not enough is done to challenge it.

David

University of Exeter

History and Ancient History BA (Hons)

I've really enjoyed Exeter University, my course has been interesting and the societies are fantastic. I've made plenty of new friends and have settled in happily.

Seth

University of Exeter

History and Politics BA (Hons)

It has been quite tumultuous - lots of hard work in relation to the course due to it being a joint honours, feeling homesick and ultimately wishing I was in the main Exeter Streatham campus rather than down at the Penryn campus.

Katie

Mathematics MSci (Hons)

Overall university has been a really positive experience. I've been able to get a lot from my course, and over my time at university I've really found you get out what you put in. I have been able to gain experience with internships in 2 summers here, and earned money to do them. The careers service is outstanding. The workload can be heavy at times, but there is support available when times are tough.

Izzie

University of Exeter

Business with Industrial Experience BSc (Hons)

Overall so far I felt the uni was very welcoming and had helped everyone settle in well. They seem to really care about all the students. The freshers events weren’t great, so just beware of that. I don’t recommend buying the bundle of tickets before you go. I think that honestly the events put on by the uni generally aren’t great (that doesn’t mean you can’t have a good time, because you can make it a good time with the people you are with). My experience academically so far is a lot of group work (on my course anyway). The lecturers are really lovely and very approachable. Because the Penryn campus is quite small it means that you get a lot more of a personable experience and you really get to know your cohort which is lovely. There are a slight lack of social spaces on campus however in Falmouth there are lots of places to chill and go out to. I’d say there isn’t too much of a nightlife at the campus, everyone seems quite chill but there are places you can go out out in Falmouth if you want to. Lots of societies to get involved in and they put on some great socials. I’d highly recommend the Penryn campus to those who want a more chilled and personable experience at university!

Miranda

University of Exeter

Very good ! Things are well organised and there are good systems to keep students updated on changes to the degree. The University has some world class facilities like the forum. There is a good balance of social and study areas. The campus is exceptionally well kept and somewhere you feel proud to be on.

Kat

Classics and Ancient History PhD

It’s a great university. The classics department is amazing and very welcoming. I couldn’t ask for a better department with more supportive staff who really care.

Aashna

University of Exeter

Business Economics with Industrial Experience (4 years) BSc (Hons)

Overall experience is good. I hope I have a better experience in the next 4 years. I have made few good friends from back home and am hoping to meet them when I am back. The societies are an amazing way to mingle with friends and have good chat.

Isabel

Biochemistry BSc (Hons)

My overall university experience so far has been better than expected. First year, I should have got more involved in societies than I did because I had so much free time and looking back at it now, in third year where I am heavily involved in the running of two societies, it is my biggest regret from first year.