1,390 University of Edinburgh reviews

• University of Edinburgh
Rose

Sociology MA (Hons)

Given the circumstances, I would say I have had a great experience in my first year. I lived in halls which meant I was able to meet some people and be involved in the Edinburgh community. I think the university’s ability to teach online also increased throughout the year. In semester 1 it was quite disappointing and there were a lot of problems across all 3 of my courses, but by semester 2 this has massively improved and I felt I was benefiting from good quality teaching

daniel

Fine Art MA (Hons)

Without being able to use facilities in person, and with technical hikups and poor planning especially at the start of the year (the first few weeks of semester one, tutors seemed to be making it up as they whent along, with projects being incredibly poorly planned) - although tutor support improved towards the end of semester one, it boils down to this. Should a student be relatively self motivated - their was nothing that UoE or ECA provided that the student could not have done themselves (on the fine art course). Art History was much better, with pre-recorded lectures and tutorials being easily accessible and effective as learning tools. A mixed experience.

Sumaya

University of Edinburgh

Film and Television BA (Hons)

Due to the limitations of covid being the only experience of university, I don’t doubt that my answers are effected drastically. In all honesty, I’ve managed to scrape passes and do the bare minimum. The support systems from the university , or lack thereof, have been few and far between. The course content has been good and I’ve enjoyed the writing. Practical bits and bobs have obviously been almost impossible

Ciar

University of Edinburgh

Philosophy and Politics MA (Hons)

I am still glad I started studying this year regardless of it being online. I have still met some great people through staying at university accomodation and would not trade tha.

Sophie

Classics MA (Hons)

Didn't love COVID but love my uni. My professors were excellent and passionate, always there to help. They have been really supportive this year during the pandemic.

Gemma

Social Work BSc (Hons)

During lockdown I feel the standard of learning has dropped significantly. It is difficult to get good marks as nearly no classes are attendance based therefore you don’t even need to show up. If more classes were more interactive then my learning experience would have been a lot better.

Gertie

Veterinary Medicine BVMS

Fantastic . I loved almost every second of it. No regrets . If come back here time and time again. I pinch myself at how lucky I am to have had this incredible opportunity to learn on this course in this university. We are taught to a remarkably high standard. Very grateful

Hannah

University of Edinburgh

Biomedical Sciences BSc (Hons)

Considering the circumstances I have enjoyed my year at University. It has caused my curiosity for science to grow and we have covered a large range of topics, many of which were informative and interesting. There are many enthusiastic lecturers who make learning fun. I have become good friends with my flatmates and also managed to meet a few people from my course too through group work and personal tutor. I look forward to a more conventional university experience in years to come and am excited to learn more about biomedical science.

katie

Geography MA (Hons)

Although content given is of a very high standard, the overall mental health support is very poor. Students are left to fend for themselves with counselling waitlists often 2 months long.

Nya

University of Edinburgh

Scottish Literature and Classics MA (Hons)

My overall experience: UofE has provided excellent mental health support, but they could be doing so much more to ensure classes are face to face. Accommodation prices should have been slashed long ago, as well as tuition fees for most people. Instead of spending money on useless outdoor temporary buildings they should be supporting their students in their educational journey.