1,390 University of Edinburgh reviews

• University of Edinburgh
Jenny

University of Edinburgh

Even though we are in the middle of a pandemic and so are learning online, my tutors have been incredibly supportive. I feel they have genuinely tried their best to help us get the most out of this year despite the unprecedented circumstances.

Ruairidh

Neuroscience BSc (Hons)

Overall experience this year had been pretty good considering we have been left with only online lectures and seminars could have been better if there was more interaction between the lecturers and the students

Celine

University of Edinburgh

Medical Sciences BSc (Hons)

Overall I am very happy with my experience here. So much so that i want to come back to do a Masters by Research next year. The staff have been really supportive and have tried their best throughout the pandemic. We only had very little contact hours since the pandemic which was a downside, but i think staff wanted to make sure everyone had equal access to the content, no matter what country or timezone they were in. The dissertation is the main focus of this year and so far I have thoroughly enjoyed it. we were given a large list of potential options accommodating many interests and preferred project styles. My supervisor has been extremely helpful and motivating. Even outwith the general dissertation discussions, he has given me an insight into postgraduate options which I am now trying to persue. I have managed to keep in touch with a lot of friends even throughout the pandemic. The university societies have tried to encourage this by arranging online social such as breakout rooms and online quizzes to prevent people from feeling alone during these challenging times.

Rebecca

Biomedical Sciences (Life Sciences) MScR

This year has been a strange year due to the pandemic which has limited the amount of experience we were able to gain from the first 6 months of the degree. The next 6 months are looking brighter and I truly believe that if I had done this course a year later a lot would have changed. The university is great, the location is lovely, the people are friendly and the lecturers are super helpful.

Fiona

Professional Legal Practice Diploma

Very different from expected because of the pandemic but that was out of everyone’s control. Grateful for having some in person teaching as I know so many people didn’t get that opportunity.

antony

History MA (Hons)

very happy with my choice, it is a brilliant university in an incredible city. the atmosphere is just lovely and it has been really great to explore the city. the academics are also excellent and the university provides us with anything we need

Alex

Law (Graduate Entry) LLB

I have met some amazing people here. However, that is probably my only positive outcome. The University itself I could not recommend on any front. If you can choose to go somewhere else I would suggest you do.

Animation BA (Hons)

I am ashamed of my time there. I regret choosing the university and I will be paying off the debt for most of my life despite not being given anything that was advertised upon application.

Helene
09 Jun 20

University of Edinburgh

Your job prospects depend severely on your location and willingness to move. I had mentors living in Midlothian who were commuting all the way to West Lothian. They were teaching a subject in high demand but could not find a job within reasonable commuting distance. One of them needed to drive 140 min every day. Additionally, if your subject is quite niche (Modern Foreign Languages, Music, Latin, even Physics), you may be the one person who does not get a placement. I was stuck home twice and missed out on 3 weeks of placements (of 12 in total!) because the university could not organise a placement for me. Additionally, the university does not provide support when bullying in schools takes place. Mentors can be harsh and are not monitored at all. Racism in school is often ignored by the mentors.

Y
Yalan

University of Edinburgh

the academic environment is the best! use the library resources wisely and you'll gain a lot! besides studies, do join some student societies which would be great fun! personally i highly recommend harry potter society and theatre/drama societies. outside uni, explore the city, because you can go to all tourist attractions on foot! it is a historical city with traditional architecture, but you could also enjoy modern theatrical arts especially in summer holiday (Edinburgh international festival and fringe festival).