University of Cumbria | Student Reviews

1,424 University of Cumbria reviews

• University of Cumbria

University of Cumbria

Mental Health Nursing BSc (Hons)

Excellent. I've previously studied with other universities and by far University of Cumbria is the best. The overall experience is very satisfying and I feel nurtured and supported.

Josh

Zoology BSc (Hons)

So far uni has been very fun and has taught me a huge amount of skills and information that will be useful in the future but has also made me more confident in day to day life

Caitlin

University of Cumbria

Primary Education (3-11) with QTS BA (Hons)

I am really enjoying my university experience, I am loving my course and I cannot wait to finish my first year and carry on with my journey of becoming a teacher. I would recommend anyone to come to the university of Cumbria as I feel like they care about their students and will push you to do your best.

Alice

Occupational Therapy BSc (Hons)

Good experience, average university - very small. Small class sizes, tutors get to know you personally. I've enjoyed my time here and the course is a good one.

Meg

University of Cumbria

Marine and Freshwater Conservation BSc (Hons)

The uni itself has been a bit of a letdown. The only thing that's made it worth it is making friends and going out (there's only one 'club' in Ambleside). There's no supermarket nearby, so you spend way too much money in tesco local or spar unless you have a car.

Feb

University of Cumbria

Outdoor Adventure and Environment BSc (Hons)

I've really enjoyed it - I switched courses halfway through, because my interests had changed, and it couldn't have been easier. The extra-curricular is great, the location gives us the chance to really get out and do things...I much prefer it to a big city uni.

Occupational Therapy BSc (Hons)

really hard i am not academic and its been hard starting again in my 40's. I have met some great people, i have found it difficult to always feel you have support from your tutors because of lack of them.

University of Cumbria

Working with Children and Families (with integrated foundation year) BA (Hons)

Im in my third year and i feel extremely confident about further study and going in to employment. University has helped me reach life goals and feel more confident.

Lucy

University of Cumbria

Professional Policing BSc (Hons)

I would say that overall I am happy with my course, but perhaps is it a little underwhelming and I expected a little more from it before I started. I would perhaps encourage the uni to explore ways in which the course could become more practical, especially with such a practical job be nature.

Occupational Therapy BSc (Hons)

I have enjoyed my time at the University of Cumbria. Help was offered when coming back to education after a break and I have had no trouble with the work load etc.