University of Cumbria | Student Reviews

1,428 University of Cumbria reviews

• University of Cumbria
Camille

University of Cumbria

Health and Social Care: Practice Development (Top up) BSc (Hons)

The university and lectures have really adapted well in online lectures. They’ve created new and alternative apps to support us online. I’ve answered no for the second question as even though the university is handling it well, online classes still cannot give the same stimulation as face to face classes. We also do not have unlimited access to facilities such as the library which makes it a bit more challenging when we want a space to do work.

Oscar

University of Cumbria

MSc Industrial Leadership (Engineering)

Initially they struggled to prioritise different pathways during the pandemic but have improved and dealt with the situation providing a good year.

David

Zoology BSc (Hons)

The experience that I have had at the university has been excellent, even with the current situation the support and content for the course available is amazing

Kirsty

MSc Psychology: Legal and Criminological

My overall experience has been great and I would recommend the university to anybody looking into it. I’ve received more than enough support throughout my degree and learnt so much beyond the course content. The uni is approachable, friendly and genuinely wants the best for their students and to feel valued in such way is a massive benefit! Whilst education is a frustrating time currently with lockdowns and lack of face to face contact, the situation is unavoidable and still colleagues and students thrive together with effort from both sides. Yes, it’s a lot of money to not be accessing on site services, but the support has still been the same, albeit virtual.

University of Cumbria

MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-Registration)

Severely disappointed. Not worth time/money wasted. Course co-ordinators are continually changing content so you'll no doubt be subjected to some trail and error (aka poor decision-making).

Anna
23 Jul 20

PGCE General Primary (5-11 years) with QTS: Inclusion/SEND

I found the university a terrible place to study, the tutors had little idea about what they were teaching and they had limited experience. I had previously completed my undergraduate degree by learning from doctors and professors who conducted active research in the field, however these tutors could not compare to this. They did not take criticism or advice on how best we learnt and instead continue to deliver sessions in a way that did not benefit the students. They advice and content of the lectures and seminars was appalling, and had no transfer to the education setting, it was embarrassing that the course claimed to offer a specialism in SEND & Inclusion and the tutor who delivered this sessions was a Geography teacher.... I think that sums it up really. I would never recommend this University, in fact I would strongly advise rethinking and applying elsewhere. Most people who attend this university live locally and as I was not from the area, I do believe I was stigmaised.

University of Cumbria

Nursing/Registered Nurse: Mental Health Nursing BSc (Hons)

Excellent. I've previously studied with other universities and by far University of Cumbria is the best. The overall experience is very satisfying and I feel nurtured and supported.

Josh

Zoology BSc (Hons)

So far uni has been very fun and has taught me a huge amount of skills and information that will be useful in the future but has also made me more confident in day to day life

Caitlin

University of Cumbria

Primary and Early Years Education (3-11) with QTS BA (Hons)

I am really enjoying my university experience, I am loving my course and I cannot wait to finish my first year and carry on with my journey of becoming a teacher. I would recommend anyone to come to the university of Cumbria as I feel like they care about their students and will push you to do your best.

Alice

University of Cumbria

Occupational Therapy BSc (Hons)

Good experience, average university - very small. Small class sizes, tutors get to know you personally. I've enjoyed my time here and the course is a good one.