University of Cumbria

1,456 University of Cumbria reviews

• University of Cumbria
Jil

Illustration BA (Hons)

It is a great place as there is a lot of student support offered for any kind of problem you're having, offering great counsellors as well to talk about personal enquiries. They answer all the questions you ask, providing the most amount of support possible. The only improvement there could be would to organise the enrollment process to the university more as it was a bit chaotic. Nonetheless, the enrollment process was still smooth.

HR
Helen Riley

Paramedic Science BSc (Hons)

This is the worst teaching establishment I have ever had the misfortune to register with. I am a distance learning student, there is little support and the admin staff forget to register you onto modules. I have had to chase staff to find out when the modules are starting, some staff are disinterested and have no input into the courses, the work was written possibly several years ago, it is on a website for you to complete but you can’t ask questions. It has put me off considering any further learning and has made me wish I had never signed up for the course. Do not consider distance learning with this uni.

Sam

Nursing Associate FdSc

n/a

NC
Neya Chowdhury

PGCE - Primary Education with QTS: General Primary (5-11) years

The location is accessible and the fact that the campus is small, its hard to get lost and you can easily bump into anyone and make conversations and become friendly with everyone. The staff are so friendly and make you feel safe and content on campus.

JR
Joshua Roberts

PGCE - Secondary Chemistry with QTS (11-16)

its good

Kaitlyn

MSc - Occupational Therapy (Pre-Registration)

Worst aspects: Parking is an issue on site and surrounding streets are disc parking Best aspects: great personal tutor and library support

ZK
Zaynab Khan

Diagnostic Radiography BSc (Hons)

Our campus is beautiful in a wonderful location. Our library is very nice I love it it's very resourceful. Staff support is amazing they all help wherever they can and our course in my opinion couldn't be taught any better I can't fault it. However social aspects wise we don't have anything at uni we need more societies like an Islamic or Asian societies (paksoc) . We need more events in general at uni we do literally nothing other than coming here to learn and nothing else outside uni. In Lancaster there's not much to do for Muslim people anyway so having a society and events that go on which are suitable would be so good for the Muslim students in particular. We also need better food places here. The canteen food is fine but compared to the foods other universities have like shops and stuff within their campuses do not compare to the food we have. Would be nice for this to be changed.

Abby

MSc Physiotherapy (Pre-registration)

na

JK
Jodie Kendall

Diagnostic Radiography BSc (Hons)

I have enjoyed my time studying at the university of cumbria! i have been able to not only recieve support accedemically, however through carryign out a substantial amount of time on clinical placement, i have been able to improve my skills practically and make contacts to assist with employment upon graduation.

DN
Desislava Nikolova

Diagnostic Radiography BSc (Hons)

Absolutely love studying at the Lancaster campus so far. The course is developed and support is available at any time. Personal feel and the most amazing, knowledgeable and achieved contingency of staff and tutors! I feel like University of Cumbria should be at the top of the list for this degree!!