1,274 Solent University (Southampton) reviews

• Solent University (Southampton)
Sarah

Solent University (Southampton)

Musical Theatre BA (Hons)

As someone who is forced to study remotely, I feel that I did not receive the academic and financial support I needed. I had very minimal support from few lecturers and practical sessions were barely helpful due to technical issues and I do not believe I developed the skills I need for 3rd year.

Oghenenyerhovwo

Solent University (Southampton)

Renewable Energy Engineering BEng (Hons)

I would definitely say my first year was tough and at the same time amazing. My experience this year has been really good. I had the opportunity to interact one on one with my tutors, made friends as well and at the same time felt at home.

bisheshata

Solent University (Southampton)

Business Management BA (Hons)

Final year has been challenging due to covid and adapting online teaching. Most of the teachers have been so supportive and some don’t just bother but guess it is what it is.

Jedrzej

Solent University (Southampton)

Very positive experience, too bad half of my degree was delivered online. I am glad I study here. Met plenty people, learned a lot about aviation and mastered language. I wish xlubs and bars were open so i could socialize and meet more people.

Rachel
10 Jun 20

Solent University (Southampton)

Make-Up and Hair Design BA (Hons)

It has been a mess start to finish they had the opportunity to fix it and they just failed miserably. I am embarrassed by the degree I have. Its so pointless because I can't apply for anything because I haven't been taught anything. If I had money I'd take them to court. But I'm emotionally exhausted from it. 2 rules for uni : 1. Get your teachers to write everything down, corrospond by email. Collect Evidence just incase. 2. Network outside of uni because that will do you better than anything you can get in there, make up just want enthusiastic helpful clean people. That'll give it a go in the industry. Good luck. This is as honest as I could be.

Irina

Solent University (Southampton)

It was ok, there were times when i had problems with finances, so I had to work more. I am still struggling with it and Solent did not offer me any social bursary as I needed it.

Ana

Solent University (Southampton)

It's been good, I have learned things that aren't taught in class, and I have used many different work tools. However, my mental health hasn't been the best. Uni isn't the only cause but it's definitely part of it .

Emma

Solent University (Southampton)

Good content delivered in an interesting and formative way. Good facilities that aid learning and development. Great university welfare team to support when you when you need it.

Zack

Animation BA (Hons)

Don't study Animation/Digital Animation at this university! Useless lecturers, lessons keep getting canceled, no guidance at all. Awfully disorganised and overall a terrible mess. Complete rip off!

Amy

Computing BSc (Hons)

It has been a good experience. I have been unable to attend man socials due to not living locally in halls. Commuting is difficult and i wish i did live in halls for at least a year to have a more social experience.