Solent University (Southampton) | Student Reviews

1,045 Solent University (Southampton) reviews

• Solent University (Southampton)
Rachel
10 Jun 20

Solent University (Southampton)

Make-Up and Hair Design BA (Hons)

It has been a mess start to finish they had the opportunity to fix it and they just failed miserably. I am embarrassed by the degree I have. Its so pointless because I can't apply for anything because I haven't been taught anything. If I had money I'd take them to court. But I'm emotionally exhausted from it. 2 rules for uni : 1. Get your teachers to write everything down, corrospond by email. Collect Evidence just incase. 2. Network outside of uni because that will do you better than anything you can get in there, make up just want enthusiastic helpful clean people. That'll give it a go in the industry. Good luck. This is as honest as I could be.

Irina

Solent University (Southampton)

Event Management BA (Hons)

It was ok, there were times when i had problems with finances, so I had to work more. I am still struggling with it and Solent did not offer me any social bursary as I needed it.

Ana

Marketing BA (Hons)

It's been good, I have learned things that aren't taught in class, and I have used many different work tools. However, my mental health hasn't been the best. Uni isn't the only cause but it's definitely part of it .

Emma

Solent University (Southampton)

Good content delivered in an interesting and formative way. Good facilities that aid learning and development. Great university welfare team to support when you when you need it.

Zack

Animation BA (Hons)

Don't study Animation/Digital Animation at this university! Useless lecturers, lessons keep getting canceled, no guidance at all. Awfully disorganised and overall a terrible mess. Complete rip off!

Amy

Computing BSc (Hons)

It has been a good experience. I have been unable to attend man socials due to not living locally in halls. Commuting is difficult and i wish i did live in halls for at least a year to have a more social experience.

Kathrin

Solent University (Southampton)

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

I am an international student and I would recommend peers to join that uni since I satisfied with my choice. I feel confident about the future after I graduate and I looking forward to implying what I have been taught so far.

Antony

Solent University (Southampton)

Overall my university experience has been great, i have met alot of new people, made new friends. I have learned so many things in university as well as life ..

Harriet

Solent University (Southampton)

Fashion Buying and Merchandising BA (Hons)

I absolutely love it here. Nothing else to say but this is the happiest i have been due to both the academic side and the social side. The living situation is giving me a new experience to learn from and i am very much enjoying it.

Jennifer

Solent University (Southampton)

My experience so far has allowed me to gain strength in my art practice, allowing me to expand my ideas and thoughts on art and related topics such as politics, representation and theoretical approaches to work.