Student reviews of York St John University

712 York St John University reviews

• York St John University
George33

Doctorate of Counselling Psychology DCounsPsy

Not great. It really depends which course you are attending, but generally speaking most programs do not offer any real job prospects and this is perhaps why this university is at the very bottom in the ranking tables

Boawe

York St John University

I studied for 4 years at York St. John, having studied an undergraduate and postgraduate here. I student my postgraduate degree here because I loved my undergraduate and wanted to continue my education with lecturers I knew, with amazing facilities and in a city I loved. I wouldn't change anything about my time here!

York St John University

I have just finished my degree, so I am coming from a recent graduate perspective. Although my course was incredibly challenging at times and overcoming homesickness was very difficult I would not change my experience at all! I made some amazing friends for life, great connections without professionals in the creative industry, and a First class degree that I will forever be proud of. York St John University is a small university with a lovely community and supportive staff- and I would recommend to anyone!

Louise

York St John University

Primary Education (5-11) BA (Hons)

I have loved it. Graduated last year from Primary Ed and immediately enrolled on a MA course because I loved it so much. The staff are so helpful and you genuinely feel like they want the best for you. The support is really good both from academics and throughout the uni. They have all the facilities you need and keep you up to date with new things in the uni (like the new career area and theyre building a new creative centre). Right from my first open day at the uni, through to my MA I've loved every second. Might even to a PHD next. #YSJFamily

Rose

York St John University

Religion, Philosophy and Ethics BA (Hons)

After less than one year of studying this course I left as it was failing its students in my opinion. Its position in league tables has slumped and there's no wonder why. Many people do not complete their courses here.

Shelby

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

My overall uni experience has been good, ive made lots of friends and its given me lots of new tools and skills. The course has had some boring briefs and isnt as creative as i thought it would be but it is teaching me the fundamentals of design

Rich

History BA (Hons)

Negative. The university has repeatedly and consistently been a let down, though this has been through the administrative departments which are absolutely terrible.

Emmy

York St John University

Sociology with Criminology BA (Hons)

I’ve had an amazing experience at YSJ uni and I’m glad I chose to study here, social and academic life is easy to balance and there’s always something for everyone

CB
Charlotte Brindley

York St John University

Creative Writing BA (Hons)

I loved being apart of the YSJ family! It has set me up for future employment through the experiences they have offered, and I have made a load of new friends!!

Q
Qwerty

York St John University

Primary Education (5-11) BA (Hons)

I have not found it very worth while so far. Expected to find out information independently. No SEN support given in lessons. Assignments are very vage. Good if you want a relaxed experience.