University of Southampton | Student Reviews

1,199 University of Southampton reviews

• University of Southampton
Klara

Medicine BMBS

This year obviously the uni experience is quite different from the past years but I think my university is doing a great job in keeping the high quality lectures up and giving us the support we need along the way. Not meeting other students from my course has been quite challenging but through living in halls I met a few people (especially my flat mates) and have made friends with them. So overall I think it has been a good year for me so far.

Ben

University of Southampton

Mechanical Engineering with Industrial Placement Year BEng (Hons)

In my opinion, the university has risen to the challenge of coronavirus well and everything I could've wanted in terms of support, help and opportunities has been offered to me. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at university so far.

Francis

University of Southampton

Mechatronic Engineering (4 years) MEng (Hons)

The university is very good for researchers, however, students aren't the universities priority. More emphasis on students would be nice. First year was hectic with more than 30 contact hours and 2 days of labs every week.

Alex

University of Southampton

Aeronautics and Astronautics / Aerodynamics MEng (Hons)

Covid has very much impacted my uni experience, my learning was good but being at uni would've been better. my accomodation wasn't great either, i was given the smallest room and i paid a lot for it

Tim

Geography BA (Hons)

My experience of university has been very different, yet amazing. I have made many good friends whom I get on with very well. The course is challenging enough to keep me interested and motivated to carry on working hard. The lecturers are all understanding of our situations and offer all the help they can. The assessments are easy to do from home and are accessible from home. Security have been harsh which is understandable and overall I have had an amazing experience!

Camilla

University of Southampton

Business Management with Placement BSc (Hons)

There is a lot of support but it can feel lonely too. With everything online it’s not easy so my overall experience has been tough. I ended up moving home and ending my accommodation contract. There is a lot of help but there is only so much they can do during the pandemic to help

Bronwyn

University of Southampton

Environmental Pollution Control (MSc)

I have thoroughly enjoyed the course. The content is really varied and interesting and taught very well, especially via the difficult conditions online. There is lots of opportuniy to expand your knowledge.

Rebecca

University of Southampton

Psychology with Law BSc (Hons)

Overall bad experience, way too much money for all online, barely any socialising because of COVID. Hopefully second year will improve experience by having more in person. Societies looked good but haven’t been able to join

Physics with Astronomy (4 years) MPhys

It has been ok, much more difficult than face to face learning since everything was online. But not worth it to pay so much for independent learning. A refund on the tuition loan would be good.

Mg

University of Southampton

Data Analytics for Government (MSc)

Lectures support has been great and facilities. Outside of academic staff there is minimal support for part time students and I have had appalling communication with the fees office.