3,894 University of Hull reviews

• University of Hull
Emma

University of Hull

American Studies with a Year Abroad (4 years) BA (Hons)

I love my university, I'm glad I'm there. But this year hadn't been great with the pandemic. I wish I could spend more time, as I haven't had a full year despite about to go into my third year.

Nick

Accounting BSc (Hons)

Academically the teaching standards were not always the best however I've done okay and I'm satisfied. On the whole lecturers did their best to engage the students. Social life wise its been great here, there are loads of societies and many different types of people to meet in different scenarios whether that be through raves, sports clubs, societies or maybe even church which I have been invited to a few times.

Asa

University of Hull

Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons)

In the current climate they’ve done a great job, learnt a lot and made learning from home a lot less difficult than it could have been. I think unfortunately the experience wasn’t as good as in person in previous years but that was always going to be an impossibility, they did well with what they had

University of Hull

Media Production BA (Hons)

Talking of my entire three years, I had a really good & educational time studying here. In my opinion, there could be more practical/ technical lessons offered possibly in place of some theory- as I do feel there's possibly more of a lean towards theoretical to practical. The practical modules were also often in the form of short films, to have set outcomes such as 'make a documentary', 'make a film with a 5-point story arc that doesn't last longer than 3 minutes', etc. could be good challenges that bring out the best problem-solving abilities from students. It could be argued there was already room for students to do that themselves within the modules, but speaking observationally, it seemed a lot of classmates perhaps lacked the initiative/ creativity. If this was forced out of them, it could leave them with a stronger foundation. Since leaving, I've also found gaps in my knowledge in terms of technical skill, for instance my knowledge on lenses, lighting techniques & detailed audio editing isn't great. The potential for opportunity to learn these things was here in the form of work experience, however these sessions often didn't have a focus and was more about completing something from the office's workload backlog. There was a lot of potential in place that could definitely be expanded on, but with that said the course provided the opportunity to learn for ourselves, gain work experience & to network by bringing in external talent such as actors, and work with students studying courses that tie in relevantly to this one, such as scriptwriting. It also taught us the foundations of approaching clients, creative development (towards projects & our own knowledge) and more. A lot of opportunity was here, that could be expanded on more is what I'd say overall.

Charlotte

University of Hull

Operating Department Practice BSc (Hons)

Even though my course has been disrupted due to COVID the uni and my course has been very helpful and supportive during this time. Overall I am really enjoying by course and my time at uni.

Munashe

University of Hull

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

It was faulty okay but I didn't get to do a wide variety of practical elements which are important to my degree.There were moments where it felt like the academic year wasn't going so well due to how most assignments were marked without any leniency

George

University of Hull

Mechanical Engineering (with foundation year) BEng (Hons)

All my lectures have been delivered properly and if you miss some they have always been recorded as well. This uni has been extremely helpful when offering no detriment policy’s and extensions. And I enjoy the nightlife/ bar life at the minute I hope I can get back to it all soon

Chemistry BSc (Hons)

Loved uni but the lack of communication has hindered my study. Looking forwards to next years study and expanding my course. Will be good to be back in a lab doing practical work.

Ellie

University of Hull

Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc (Hons)

Not the best since everything is online, we dont get a chance to make friends, or get to know lecturers. Its also harder to ask questions during class because everyone is watching and listening to you. However most lecturers are happy to organise calls/meetings if you need help.

Oghenetejiri

University of Hull

It was really nice in terms of creating friendship and the cause I have done. I would say there needs to be more options in terms of modules or how assessments are done. We mostly have 100% based assessments and that is not really great.