Ravensbourne University London | Student Reviews

217 Ravensbourne University London reviews

• Ravensbourne University London
Justine

Ravensbourne University London

Urban Landscape Architecture BA (Hons)

I find it hard to make friends so i am very lonely despite being surrounded by people. I am the only student on my course so i find that really difficult as i have no one else to help me or bounce ideas off of. I also have no one that can share work with me. Travelling to and from the uni can be nightmarish. My course constantly requires me to buy model materials and they havent given us any money for that, which is unfair. But most of all i just want a close group of friends.

Digital Television Production BA (Hons)

Its been mostly positive but wish we would have more specific lectures and practical lectures. Most lecturers are okay but some are not trained in teaching so have little experience in the field.

Fiona

Digital Film Production BA (Hons)

Overall I have enjoyed my university experience so far, but there is definitely plenty of room for improvement. I have made some great friendships so I don't really have any issues socially, but I think that the lack of clubs, organised social events, and places to hang out (such as how many other universities have campus bars, for example) mean that the students who are more quiet or shy may find the social experience at Ravensbourne a bit less engaging than at other universities. I also would greatly appreciate more theory work and stronger work placement encouragement.

Nada

Digital Film Production BA (Hons)

Ravensbourne is good, I think one of the things that lets it down for me is the lack of a student Union. I wish there were more societies (sports etc), that a lot of campus universities have.

Maria

Ravensbourne University London

Advertising and Brand Design BA (Hons)

No joke, i am enjoying it so much. The Advertising and Brand Design course has established a tight community that we all love and care for one another! Anything I need is available to me if I ask and in general my whole experience has been amazing. The people, the tutors, the environment, its just great!

ANON

Ravensbourne University London

Fashion Buying and Brand Management BA (Hons)

I would desperately urge people to do another course at another uni. The contact hours are so limited. The past 3 years have just been rubbish. Please don't take what they say about collaborating with other courses seriously. The second year is crap apart from the VM unit and the work experience. first year you are shocked by how little time you are in. I've made no friends. 3rd year I just want it to be over. PLEASE LOOK ELSEWHERE. THESE HAVE BEEN THE LONELIEST, DULLEST YEARS OF MY LIFE.

Hol

Digital Film Production BA (Hons)

Positives: Very easy to meet people and make friends, super collaborative, amazing kit store. Negative: Lectures can feel irrelevant and disorganised

Joey

Digital Television Production BA (Hons)

I think the best way to describe ravensbourne is it is great for industry, it is the perfect university set up and collaborative / creative aura that fills the building. However, if you’re going to uni for the “uni experience” this isn’t it. The building being quite small for the amount of people it holds (Post 16, Undergrads, Postgrads,incubation) means that there is always a struggle for rooms and space. There’s not much that goes on within the uni that encourages a social or community aspect. This is seen when most people leave by 5, and the university is quite empty after and the lack of society’s available, which is a real shame.

Sophie

Ravensbourne University London

Editing & Post Production BA (Hons)

In terms of societies there are next to none and the ones that there are are underfunded. The SU is trying to make everything better though. Extra help is there in terms of finance, therapy etc which is amazing. The lecturers are also really lovely and offer to help if you need it.

Not really what I expected