Ravensbourne University London | Student Reviews

327 Ravensbourne University London reviews

• Ravensbourne University London
Cynthia

Architecture BA (Hons)

My overall experience during this year of academic is was hard for me, since lockdown because of COVID-19, we wasn’t able to have the full experience of being inside of uni especially when it’s our first year. Having online class sometimes it becomes hard because of the internet connection, hard to understand the new programs etc... but other than that it being also great that having those problem it was a issue to not stop us completing our work.

j

Fashion BA (Hons)

I really appreciated all the technical skills I learned from uni - research, design, pattern cutting, manufacturing, print. However, a lot of technical sewing workshops are very rushed and it was hard to see what the technician was doing. The timelines for sewing homework was often very rushed so most students had no clue what they were doing, and were unnecessarily stressed. Moreover, the course leader constantly emphasises how hard the course and the industry will be on the students, instead of being encouraging. I understand that it is a strenuous course, but some encouragement could be a massive difference to people's mental health. By the third year, many people are extremely depressed and just want to get things over with, especially with each fitting being more of a design critique. Tutors were unprofessional in fittings, using personal attacks instead of being neutral and speaking purely about the work. The tutors don't agree with each other so you constantly get a push and pull on your work depending on who is teaching, so students are very confused. Course leader isn't great with keeping to deadlines so he will constantly push until he realises that the deadline is too close for us to keep developing. He also encourages us to not trust our instinct, and to keep developing things until it is unrecognisable. This uni is great for people who are extremely headstrong and who aren't afraid to argue or stand up to the tutors. It seems like the people who didn't listen are the ones who did the best. For everyone else who actually wants tutors who foster your design signature and voice, go somewhere else.

26 Jun 20

Ravensbourne University London

Interior Design Environment Architectures BA (Hons)

This university is a soul sucking place which takes your curiosity, enthusiasm, hopefulness and joy and TRAMPLES all over it and crushes you. The tutors are little boys with ego problems who manipulate students for their own personal gain or masochist pleasure. AwFULL!!! do NOT GO HERE

Justine

Ravensbourne University London

I find it hard to make friends so i am very lonely despite being surrounded by people. I am the only student on my course so i find that really difficult as i have no one else to help me or bounce ideas off of. I also have no one that can share work with me. Travelling to and from the uni can be nightmarish. My course constantly requires me to buy model materials and they havent given us any money for that, which is unfair. But most of all i just want a close group of friends.

Ravensbourne University London

Digital Television Production BA (Hons)

Its been mostly positive but wish we would have more specific lectures and practical lectures. Most lecturers are okay but some are not trained in teaching so have little experience in the field.

Fiona

Digital Film Production BA (Hons)

Overall I have enjoyed my university experience so far, but there is definitely plenty of room for improvement. I have made some great friendships so I don't really have any issues socially, but I think that the lack of clubs, organised social events, and places to hang out (such as how many other universities have campus bars, for example) mean that the students who are more quiet or shy may find the social experience at Ravensbourne a bit less engaging than at other universities. I also would greatly appreciate more theory work and stronger work placement encouragement.

Nada

Digital Film Production BA (Hons)

Ravensbourne is good, I think one of the things that lets it down for me is the lack of a student Union. I wish there were more societies (sports etc), that a lot of campus universities have.

Maria

Ravensbourne University London

Advertising and Brand Design BA (Hons)

No joke, i am enjoying it so much. The Advertising and Brand Design course has established a tight community that we all love and care for one another! Anything I need is available to me if I ask and in general my whole experience has been amazing. The people, the tutors, the environment, its just great!

ANON

Ravensbourne University London

Fashion Buying and Brand Management BA (Hons)

I would desperately urge people to do another course at another uni. The contact hours are so limited. The past 3 years have just been rubbish. Please don't take what they say about collaborating with other courses seriously. The second year is rubbish apart from the VM unit and the work experience. first year you are shocked by how little time you are in. I've made no friends. 3rd year I just want it to be over. PLEASE LOOK ELSEWHERE. THESE HAVE BEEN THE LONELIEST, DULLEST YEARS OF MY LIFE.

Hol

Digital Film Production BA (Hons)

Positives: Very easy to meet people and make friends, super collaborative, amazing kit store. Negative: Lectures can feel irrelevant and disorganised