London South Bank University

• London South Bank University
HE
Houda El Guassem

Civil Engineering MSc

London South Bank University focuses on personalised learning and employability skills, as well as helping you build your career.

1 people found this helpful

Rhianna
First gen student

There are many places to sit and chat/ relax

Simran Rahman

Education BA (Hons)

Initially when studying at London South Bank I was studying midwifery which although I enjoyed I didn’t think it was the course for me. I then switched courses and decided to study education and the transition was extremely easy. When discussing whether to leave or not with my personal tutor they gave me useful advice on how to decide. They gave me resources to use if I was feeling too stressed and guided me to the student centre where I could meet someone to discuss my concerns. In this regard I feel as though the uni provide amazing student support. Moreover, in both the courses they provided significant help with assignments and with referencing and lectures are approachable and offer a lot of help if your willing to ask. However I do feel the uni could support students with bursaries as other unis provide a lot of bursaries for the same course. I also don’t think that that what the uni provide is worth the money and everything else is pretty much average. In some occasions the university does not have good communication.

JB
Joanna Bharti

Midwifery Practice BSc (Hons)

It’s a lovely university that has a lot to offer. I enjoy being a part of LSBU. The only think I would improve is communication.

KG
Kirsten Gonsalves

Economics (Finance) BSc (Hons)

The university provided valuable insights into the graduate market and availability of jobs. However the staff are not very supportive in terms of feedback and improvement in academics. The university also lacks social activities.

SK
Sabba Khan

Forensic Sciences BSc (Hons)

The best thing about my uni is the support that students get for their personal and private life. The worst thing about my uni is that some of the lecture halls look old and dull .

TK
Tobias Koo

Physiotherapy BSc (Hons)

The fact that there is less support, motivates you to work more yourself.

TM
Toni Moore
First gen student

Information Technology BSc (Hons)

LSBU had great campus life but it is advertised much more to non students than actually students of LSBU. I really like Perry library and would like more individuals study spaces that aren’t within the main library space. I know staff need to be respected more over reinforcing rules over disposing of rubbish on campus.

Jade

People are lovely. Lively campus life very, enjoyable with and without friends. You can also make a lot of new friends as well.

Zoe

Economics BSc (Hons)

I started uni during the peak of Covid so it was pretty much a bleak experience. But the university student support is great and I had someone to talk to when extremely lonely