Liverpool John Moores University | Student Reviews

1,264 Liverpool John Moores University reviews

• Liverpool John Moores University
Kate

Liverpool John Moores University

Criminal Justice BA (Hons)

I hated this academic year. I received very little support and did not feel as though I was a student. Lecturers were rude and often unresponsive with issues that I may have. They were not understanding of the pandemic being difficult.

Liverpool John Moores University

Media, Culture, Communication BA (Hons)

It doesn’t really feel like I have done a year of university due to it being all online. All of the assessments were changed from blended- such as group projects and presentations to just essays, and so there has been little interaction with other students and lecturers.

Adam

Adult Nursing BSc (Hons)

Overall i would say the experience wasn’t bad at all, sadly COVID-19 took over and we were not able to have a proper university experience. The university was always happy to help me and i would definitely recommend anyone to john moores for nursing or any other degree.

John

Sport Business BA (Hons)

A brilliant course that captures your imagination in ways you could not believe. From speaking to a champions league winner and the captain of the USA women's national team Rebecca Smith I learnt so much about the works of the football industry. This is a perfect course for anyone who is interested in sport, I would highly recommend!

Liverpool John Moores University

Creative Writing BA (Hons)

I love the staff, the students and the city. I just wish the pandemic hadn’t robbed me of most of my first two years. Hoping my final year will be like it was at the beginning. Liverpool is a great city and Liverpool John Moores is a great uni resort.

Abby

Liverpool John Moores University

Media, Culture, Communication with Foundation Year BA (Hons)

Could be better enhanced by atleast blended learning, but has been fairly pleasant considering the circumstances. However, i don’t think this year has been a great value for money whatsoever. Although helping me progress in the right direction, it should not have been full tuition price.

Julia

Liverpool John Moores University

Computer Forensics BSc (Hons)

It was hard to do my courseworks as I had no physical support from anyone. My person tutor was very helpful but that’s really it. I feel like most of the lectures material was not worth the money. Some tutors didn’t even reply to emails. Stuck in a uni accommodation for a year with no possibility to go to uni.

Robert

Liverpool John Moores University

Civil Engineering BEng (Hons)

This year has obviously been a challenging one with the ongoing pandemic. However, the online recorded lectures and live sessions have been delivered to a high standard. It has been very useful to be able to revisit the recorded lectures at a later date to help with revision.

Rosie

Liverpool John Moores University

Events Management BA (Hons)

Ive loved my time at the uni. Supportive environment. Great people and awesome city. Staff see the value in work experience, they have lots of connections so there are always opportunities to get involved with different companies (volunteering/ paid work/ placement). The modules are great and reflective or knowledge you will actually need to know rather than just being taught it for the sake of it.

Lauren

Liverpool John Moores University

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

Uni has been good, I just feel as though the fact that it is online has made it not worth while, I feel like it is much harder than what it was meant to have been with it being online and having to teach ourselves, I also find it hard because we haven’t been able to meet classmates or lecturers so everyone still feels like strangers which makes you not want to ask questions or speak to anyone, however there’s not much anyone can do about it and for the situation I feel as tho they have done the best they could. The price should have been reduced a bit tho, full price for studying online is a joke.