University of Lincoln

• University of Lincoln
DP
Dhruv Patel

MSc Engineering Management

What makes Lincoln a great study option: As an international student myself, my primary goal is to complete my study. Study: To help students like me, my university provides personal tutor who not only mentor in study but also helps to guide about student life at University. Furthermore, to pace up with the study system Lincoln university provides academic English courses that helps in enhance academic writing skills. Bonus points - these courses are completely free. Too much study right? No!!! There are stress buster societies at the student union who hosts tons of activities. Student union: Whenever i go to university there's always some event is going on. SU hosts field trips, on campus and off campus events , festivals of different cultures. Oh and Holi was great by the way. Food: Can you believe there are 4 cafes and 1 bar at my university. How cool!!!!! So yeah , if you're foodie there are lots of options available at uni. Tech: there are various software and also a gaming computers are available at the university.crazy! Health initiatives: My academy is very health conscious. Student life can be tough sometimes. Mi academia gives mental health counseling and in the corona time they helped student alot. Only con about university is Location in sense of part time jobs. They're difficult to find here if you've planned to earn money while studying.

RP
Reuben Picksley

Games Computing BSc (Hons)

The facilities are by far the best bit about this uni, everything is up to date and as advanced as possible. Worst bit was purely due to covid shutting the uni.

BW
Ben Welham

Journalism BA (Hons)

Lincoln is a beautiful city to study in, making the overall experience very nice. However, train links aren’t always the best, making it hard to travel home etc.

LN
Lianne Nowis
First gen student

Pharmacy with Science Foundation Year MPharm (Hons)

The campus is great, very close to the town centre, with great facilities.

MA
Mohammad Abuzar

MSc Digital Marketing

I was thinking of applying for the online course for the Masters programme of Business Management, I was wondering what the course is like if anyone has already completed or in the middle of completing the course? The feedback and support that I received from the university and they got me in contact with few students and it was very helpful and thoughtful of them. They helped with the course content and the overall support from lecturers and the university. Really glad I applied for UOL. The university also helped me with the financials in these hard times of covid. They provided me with a scholarship of 50% without which it wouldn't have been possible to come to Uk. The University from day one has been helpful, they provided with a shutter service from the airport and providing an accommodation support till I finalised the accommodation. I really appreciate the help and support the university has provided throughout the journey. The university itself is really good, they make sure you are getting on with your studies and the student wellbeing team are incredibly helpful which can be rare at other universities in the UK. I highly recommend studying here!

RN
Renoskha Nogar

MSc Human Resource Management Full Time

Best- The support the university offers, the helpfulness through their services and facilities, their cultural awareness for international students and the events they hold to support different cultures which creates awareness. Worst - Nothing yet

HC
Hannah Courtney

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

The town is very small and can get boring but the campus is amazing

LC
Lewis Chippendale

Computer Science BSc (Hons)

Everything within walking distance. Great on campus support and facilities

DH
Daisy Hughes
First gen student

Animal Behaviour and Welfare BSc (Hons)

I’ve had to apply for additional support for things like stats and maths help, and the staff have been wonderful, incredibly helpful and I’ve never had a bad experience. The library’s (yes there’s two!) are massive and full of knowledge, if there’s something I can’t find in there it’s probably online in the form of an ebook, but I wouldn’t know as I’ve always found what I’ve needed. The University is also perfectly placed, near the city centre and it’s quite a large campus. There’s loads of student clubs and support and experiences, so it’s never dull. Attendance codes can be a pain, and I think it would be best if the system was scrapped as often they don’t work. Regardless it’s an amazing campus and I’ve had the best year of my educational experience here.

EM
Elliott Malkin

Biochemistry BSc (Hons)

SU should be cheaper, one of the most expensive places to eat in the city. The campus has a good feel to it. The library is a great place to study and the student support is always there when you need it.