University of Lincoln | Student Reviews

1,447 University of Lincoln reviews

• University of Lincoln
Rebecca

University of Lincoln

Criminology and Social Policy BA (Hons)

Quite honestly, this has been the best time of my life. It's certainly been an interesting one as half of my university experience has been during the pandemic, however the constant support from the university, coursemates and staff is wonderful. I was quite an introverted person when I came to uni, but Lincoln has really helped me find myself as a person and in life. When in doubt, join a society because you'll truly make your closest friends and best memories within them. I absolutely recommend a degree in social and political sciences, the staff are incredible and the courses and modules are incredibly interesting and really transform your perspective on a lot of things in life.

Ethan

University of Lincoln

Biology with Science Foundation Year BSc (Hons)

The university overall has been helpful and resourceful despite the pandemic. They provide plenty of opportunities and my tutor especially was helpful. Around the clock she provided help and advice no matter the query

Cameron

University of Lincoln

Politics and Social Policy BA (Hons)

Considering the circumstances surrounding Covid etc it has been good. I have enjoyed the course as much as is possible when you’re studying online. Overall a good year.

Jess

Zoology BSc (Hons)

Lincoln uni itself is very good, but it is clearly a developing university in that the range of facilities is rapidly proliferating. I also think the town centre is quite small and could do with a greater range of bars and restaurants.

Ellie

University of Lincoln

Creative Writing BA (Hons)

If everything had been normal, I imagine I would’ve given it a 5. It’s not been normal by any means, and only now are we starting to get back to normal - which is sad as many of us are going home now for the summer. As far as second years go, it’s been very hectic, I’ve been given some amazing opportunities and had some amazing lecturers support me throughout. I do wish we could have had somewhat of a more normal year, but I know that wasn’t down to the uni so I can’t fault them for that.

Chloe

University of Lincoln

Business and Management BA (Hons)

Not really sure what my money is paying for to be honest, my subject is majority theory based so teaching online is not a problem. However, considering we have to buy all the textbooks etc. separately which is where most of the material is coming from, slot of lectures seem kind of pointless as they just repeat the information I've already read about.

Chloe

University of Lincoln

Business and Management BA (Hons)

Honestly don't really understand what my money has paid for at all. As majority of the lectures just repeat information from textbooks that we had to pay for separately. We don't receive that much support and it's difficult to do certain sections when everything is online and you do not know anyone. Accomodation has been a waste of money this year as we did not need to be on campus at all.

W
Wendy

Criminology BA (Hons)

This year hasnt been a great year for any student. i think my university needs to improve on giving more mental health help to everyone and have check ins with students. Also alot of students need alot of support with work as it is hard to do online work from home

Hannah-Marie

University of Lincoln

The university experience in Lincoln is an incredible one! The learning environment as well as the societies and social life available to us students is great. There is a large cohort of students on my course but you can always be heard and contact staff and get replies individualised to your needs. The Student Union has always got an event waiting for you to get involved whether through a society or just socially to meet more people!

Harriet

Forensic Chemistry MChem

Poor due to coronavirus, frustrating being expected to do the same amount of work in the same amount of time but being told our lecturers can’t mark work as quickly and to let them off because it’s been a hard year