746 University of Buckingham reviews

• University of Buckingham
Alex

University of Buckingham

Digital News and Media (Flexible Honours) BA (Hons)

I really wanted to like the university. I was planning to just get my degree done and go, but it's been a real slog as I've had to take time out and it will be three years altogether now, so I wish I'd gone to a better uni and just done a standard three year course instead, even if it ended up taking me four years I probably would've faired better. The town really sucks the life out of you too, there's nothing to do and it's hard to meet other students, a lot of people want to keep to themselves. When people say the nightlife here is dead, they seriously mean it, and the locals seem to hate students too. After my horrid experiences with accommodation and admin and student counsellors and students themselves, I'm just drained and so disenchanted with university as a concept altogether. I really feel like my passion for learning has been sucked out of me by this place. It's not irredeemably bad, but it's really not good. I would really not recommend this university at all, and it's even worse now due to lockdown and staff reshuffling, morale just seems so low. I realize my opinions might be a bit warped because of that too, but I've been put through so much at this place and none of it feels worth it. In regards to this academic year, first semester wasn't that bad and I started to feel like maybe my degree was finally "getting good", but this semester has changed my mind back to what I previously thought - that this whole thing has been an expensive waste of time. I only haven't dropped out because it feels like a waste of money to not finish it off and unfortunately it's hard to get by without a degree these days, but it's a thought that crosses my mind on a regular basis. I don't want to be too negative and the university does have some redeeming qualities, such as some lovely teachers, and a pretty campus, but it doesn't feel like anything you couldn't get elsewhere, and also get a lot of other things with that. I really just wouldn't recommend this place at all. If you want to just bash out your degree in two years, know that that's basically all you'll do and prepare to be at least a bit miserable about how boring it all is.

University of Buckingham

My overall experience has been alright. Online lectures were not favourable but worked fine. Although the support has not been the best, going back to in-person teaching will surely improve it.

Madison

University of Buckingham

Digital News and Media BA (Hons)

I’ve really enjoyed my experience so far, there has only been one class that i’ve struggled to get along with due to the group based final project (which is clearly difficult to complete in the circumstances) but aside from that i’ve had plenty of support. That being said, we have not had the same access to the facilities and so I don’t think its right that we have to pay the same full price!

Anna

University of Buckingham

I came to the University in January 2020, unfamiliar with the UkK legal system and the study format. The university has helped me a lot in understanding how to study in the Uk and most of my modules were highly interesting and intellectually stimulating. They tried to do their best for online teaching, experimenting with new methods of teaching and making it as interactive as possible to prevent us being too bored at home. there was sufficient guidance on exams and summative coursework and so far I quite enjoyed my course despite the whole pandemic.

Alisha

Computing BSc (Hons)

It has been a great experience. As there are relatively fewer people in the course as opposed to other Universities, each student is well known by the lecturers. The staff are very friendly and supportive. I would definitely recommend the University of Buckingham.

Hussein

University of Buckingham

Business Management BSc (Hons)

Marina

Maira

Maira

University of Buckingham

Business Management BSc (Hons)

Zahra