Sheffield Hallam University | Student Reviews

1,051 Sheffield Hallam University reviews

• Sheffield Hallam University
Caitlin

Sheffield Hallam University

Physical Education and School Sport BSc (Hons)

Although the pandemic made my final year different to what was expected. The staff were very supportive and always were there to offer help and advice when needed. They also understood and took our personal life and wellbeing into consideration and were very understanding.

Lucy

Sheffield Hallam University

Creative Writing BA (Hons)

I love my university so much! The city, the people, the tutors; everything is so wonderful and I have enjoyed myself so much over the last 3 years! I have learned lots and developed my writing to a publishable standard! I feel utterly satisfied with the university experience I have had.

Hannah

Sheffield Hallam University

Marketing Communications and Advertising BA (Hons)

This year has been okay, I prefer the recorded lectures because you can pause them and go back to them. However I feel we haven’t fully got our value for money this year with everything being online. Group work has been particularly hard because it has all had to be done over zoom.

Zoe

Sheffield Hallam University

Law with Criminology LLB (Hons)

Was a great way to meet new people and have made some friends for life. Having a degree really helps to propel you further in life and give you better prospects. Overall I’d suggest to anyone to go to university

Abigail

Best 3 yrs of my life

Miya

Acting and Performance BA (Hons)

Now that we are back in person it is really enjoyable again and we are making the most of being together again in terms with our training. But I do feel like we missed out massively having been forced to teach online and we did miss out on maybe life changing opportunities in terms of not being able to showcase our work in London.

Luke

MA Filmmaking

Dreadful to say the least. I wish I could get my money back and quit the course. What a waste of money. To make matters worse, I am not the only one on the course that thinks like this, everyone does. If you’re 100% sure that you want to do an MA in filmmaking, don’t do it at Hallam.

Jake

Sheffield Hallam University

Computer Science BSc (Hons)

This year has been incredibly difficult for both sides I imagine so obviously it’s not going to be perfect . I feel like the teaching quality has dropped, online teaching isn’t the same, the information doesn’t sink in so well when you do everything in a single room and i feel like the considerations towards that haven’t been too great. I asked a tutor for support a couple of weeks before the due date for an assignment and was denied support on the basis that he doesn’t have any time to allocate towards supporting students on a 1-1 basis, considering he doesn’t have to commute, i find it hard to believe in a 8 hour working day he can’t allocate any time towards his students. Small things like that have left a real distaste for my experience this year.

Nádia

Acting and Performance BA (Hons)

I am a emigrant so this is all new for me, but I did a great choice to study in this university and in this country. Meeting new people, and being able to share my art with them has always been one of my dreams. I just want to be able to have access to communicate with my family and my colleagues better, and above all to start working because I think of giving dance lessons online and with the computer I have, it won't be possible.

Sean

Economics BSc (Hons)

The overall experience this academic year has been very broken because of Covid but on the whole it’s been good. The lack of social has made me get on with uni for my final year and study more, the staff have gone the extra mile with online help which is great considering we couldn’t have actual seminars/lectures. Overall not too bad!