Student reviews of Plumpton College

24 Plumpton College reviews

• Plumpton College

Applied Animal Behaviour and Conservation FdSc

Overall experience has been good and have received good support in difficult times, but education has been effected by high staff turnover and general lack of organisation and communication, leading to timetable problems, changes in teaching types, marking types and support levels.

Viticulture and Oenology MSc

I've enjoyed the college experience. It's been a very exciting and refreshing course. I like the tutors and the teaching topics. I also enjoyed the wonderful trip to champagne.

Petra

Equine Science & Coaching FdSc

Very good, couldn't ask for any better University/ College, very happy and enjoying every minute of it. The atmosphere at Plumpton College is very good, no bullying or favoritism , everyone is treated equal and fair, no matter from which background they are coming . Really a place to enjoy your time.

Plumpton College

Applied Animal Behaviour & Welfare Top-up BSc (Hons)

It has had its ups and downs, but has mostly been amazingly fun and importantly informative, it has also helped me to grow as a person and helped me discover my voice as such. There are many stressful moments with deadlines but the support and guidance, coupled with ample study space, facilities and relaxation areas has helped relieve this immensely. The opportunity to work with species that I wouldn't have worked with before or in ways that I wouldn't have worked before has helped me become more confident and allows for leadership skills to be increased. so overall University has been a good time for me to really discover what I would like to do in the future and how I can get there, whilst providing a fun and stable environment in which to do so, with as much support and guidance form those in the field as I have asked for. A particular highlight has been field trips, such as the one to South Africa, where there has been the opportunity to work in a different environment and gain knowledge not learned in books.

Marcus

Viticulture and Oenology MSc

Excellent. Far better than I imagined. Dedication and knowledge of lecturers is outstanding. Quality of facilities is very high Always able to arrange meetings and speak to tutors quickly

Rae

Veterinary Nursing FdSc

The course is extremely tough as there are so many elements to complete whilst working in placement alongside and there are no 'down periods' of term holidays like other courses may have as you are working in the holidays. However, there is a lot to learn and amazingly I seem to be near the other side and feel proud of the knowledge I have gained. I feel prepared to progress into my nursing career.

Plumpton College

Viticulture & Oenology BSc (Hons)

I have enjoyed my experience so far. A major bonus is the cohort I am in. We have some great lecturers who have had plenty of industry experience who make a real difference.

toby

Plumpton College

International Wine Business BA (Hons)

It's been brilliant. Plumpton is a real gem. Apparently I should give students advice so I meet the minimum character limit. Here it is. Make an effort to live without expectations. Too many students join uni and expect too much and feel let down. This is completely unnecessary and leads to focusing on what's wrong. Instead just look for at the things you can be grateful for. It can be as simple as the smile on your friends face when they greet you in the morning.

Lewis

Applied Animal Behaviour and Conservation FdSc

I started off here as a college student, the lectures were very helpful and attended to my needs, now I'm here at uni, the lectures help me and are working to make my experience better

Tamasine

Wine Production FdSc

There have been a few ups and downs with tutors changing part way through terms but overall the experience has been positive. I do think that during the induction process that students should be made aware that the time required to be actually on site jumps a lot in the second semester, as a mature student I have to work to fund my study and warning would have been helpful as my employer was understanding but it did cause a few issues.