Plumpton College

50 Plumpton College reviews

Our collection of real, honest student reviews of unis and courses is the largest in the UK, and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. Student reviews also form the basis of our annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards(WUSCAs), which highlight great work carried out by institutions for their students.

• Plumpton College
LS
Livi Stocker
FIRST YEAR

Veterinary Physiotherapy BSc (Hons)

Veterinary Physiotherapy at Plumpton is a huge let down unfortunately but has such potential to be a great course . The teaching and communication was absolutely dreadful! The lecturers clearly have huge amount of knowledge but simply don't know how to transfer that into their teaching and make it quite clear they dont have time for you. This is their first year teaching this course at Plumpton and have made that very clear with the lack of planning both theory wise and throughout he practical weeks. A few (not all) lecturers are very passive towards the students and make u feel like every question is a stupid one! Leaving you feel very deflated and non the wiser after each week staying at Plumpton . If you have previously done a course in body work or similar then the course may work for you but if you are fresh out of college with a lack of knowledge then it may be more of a struggle. Many complaints have been made by other students this year and nothing has been taken on board. There is little to no communication about upcoming big assignments and simply have to fend for yourself and hope for the best. I didn't want to have to write such a bad review but its the last resort in hope they might actually listen. The college itself is lovely, great location and other courses seem to run well here with a nice community in general but Vet Physio itself is a huge issue.

Reviewed: 25 April 2022
AM
Amelia Millis
SECOND YEAR

Veterinary Nursing FdSc

Good location and supportive teachers.

Reviewed: 28 March 2022
RC
Rhiannon Catt

Veterinary Nursing FdSc

I enjoy the support from the lecturers and the college wanting to provide a nice studying environment for higher education students. I do enjoy the campus site however a disadvantage of this is that is very rural and no regular transport off-site aside from the coaches that arrive before 9.15am and leave at 4.30pm. Other than this I do enjoy my time at this college.

MM
Manahil Mansoor

Veterinary Nursing FdSc

It’s brilliant place to study because this university location in countryside so it’s very relaxing and peaceful than busy noise city. People here are very kind and willing to help you even you don’t have support. There is no worse about it!

Ashlie

Veterinary Nursing FdSc

Distance is an issue for many, I originally thought I would be studying at the Netherfield campus which is much closer to me, instead I have to drive for an hour and 20 minutes to get to uni. The facilities are great for VN, we have a suite kitted out for practicals. However some organisation over who has what classroom during theory sessions should be reviewed.

DC
Dave Crane
SECOND YEAR

Wine Production FdSc

Should never have signed up. The wine production side was of a better quality than the business stream, which was all a bit A level project unfortunately. Certainly gave me an appreciation for wine and travel. The course has expanded and modernised greatly which makes it more of a serious and academic programme. I went on to a good university and hopefully this year, a new uni to study at Masters level in a completely different field. Worked in wine for a few years afterwards but never seriously built a career in the trade. In fact my education at Plumpton made me competent in several areas, which was not appreciated by some of my colleagues whose wine career was not based on knowledge but by connections.

Reviewed: 03 August 2020
Gertruda

Veterinary Nursing FdSc

So far it's really good. We have good facilities at university that helps us with studying and gaining knowledge we need. Lecturers are organised and well done.

Molly

Veterinary Nursing FdSc

LOVE IT :) Plumpton is a beautiful place and environment, staff are all really friendly and supportive, students all create a lovely atmosphere. Facilities are excellent

lauren

Veterinary Nursing FdSc

it is good, i am enjoying learning but it gets busy in the HE common rooms so it would be better if there was more so we have room to study. it would also be better if we could have more books

Lauren

Veterinary Nursing FdSc

It has bee really positive and helpful so far, meeting lovley people who are all passionate about the same things, it is a busy schedule as i have a job and my studies