London Film Academy | Student Reviews

11 London Film Academy reviews

• London Film Academy
Alexander

BA (Hons) Filmmaking BA (Hons)

Very good, no complaints. It has been a fresh look into the film industry that I didn't have prior. I've met plenty of new friends and contacts and I am really happy with my decision in taking part at the LFA

W
Wei-Hsin

BA (Hons) Filmmaking BA (Hons)

The school let you quickly get into the film industry world. My first-year course study began with introducing the equipment and with some lessons about screenwriting. After that, we started to make our own short films about 2 mins using film. Following that, we continued to co-operate 4 mins to 8 mins film at the end of the first year. Second-year, there were two options for students to choose: documentary making or work placement then the next term which is we are processing right now is writing an essay or doing a work placement

Aimee

BA (Hons) Filmmaking BA (Hons)

I've been really enjoying it. It's definetly taught me a lot and it's made it clear that this is what I want to do for a career. I've felt very comfortable. I do wish we had a little more info about what is happening in the future terma of the course. But so far the classes and assessment have taught me a lot.

Zen

BA (Hons) Filmmaking BA (Hons)

So far so good, on the first term which was quite intense as we had classes pretty much every day of the week apart from the weekend. Learning all the skills in time for our first, filmmaking project which has just finished. It's been very exciting and one of the best courses I have been on to date. I am learning a lot and it's engaging which is a massive plus for me and makes me want to learn more, which is fantastic!

anonymous

BA (Hons) Filmmaking BA (Hons)

Loving it. Great school. Everyone here is like a family since LFA isn't that big of a uni. Most teachers and supervisors really care and actually listen to students's requests. I've learned so much about film-making in just two years. If you want to be a filmmaker, this is where you should start.

BA (Hons) Filmmaking BA (Hons)

I have loved my time here and I know I will be kind of sad when I finally graduate. It has given me the confidence to know that pursuing a career in the film industry is not just some ridiculous dream. I will leave here with a lot of skills as well as a portfolio of work from the projects I have done during my time.

Eli

BA (Hons) Filmmaking BA (Hons)

This experience is a lot better than my last one. Nothing more to say, It’s been a great start to the BA and there isn’t a lot I could say to improve the course.

Ismael

BA (Hons) Filmmaking BA (Hons)

Its a good school which knows what they teach. But its too expensive and messy. Schedule is all over the place without clear structure. Practicals are excellent but theres not enough information or help from the academy. With all the money being paid, I would expect us students to only focus on the work and not anything besides, but they haven't provided any amenities to help that be. Some teachers are passionate and you can see that, while others are clearly there to make extra hours and it shows in they're teaching. They should be allowed more freedom for the ones that truly love teaching the art. Not enough communications between students. Its like they live countries apart. There should be more collaboration and a big family. At least for me, I feel that I'm completely isolated while working. That being said, facilities are mostly good and most teachers know what they are doing. Hopefully the rest of this year will show the full capacity of the academy as we reach Project 2 which seems more independent

Giselle

BA (Hons) Filmmaking BA (Hons)

I’ve absolutely loved it. It’s much, much more intense than other courses (which takes away some of the drinking yourself silly experience other people have!), but we’re aiming to be professionals, with the right attitudes and discipline to make it in a harsh, competitive industry. This uni really recognises the importance of developing our maturity and work ethic, and it’s a wonderful environment.

Swaen

BA (Hons) Filmmaking BA (Hons)

It has been really good. I was looking for a course that was the perfect balance between theoretical and practical, and that's exactly what this is. I studied film theory in Amsterdam before this and I've also done short courses in filmmaking in the past, but this is by far the best film school that I've gone to.