Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts | Student Reviews

2 Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts reviews

• Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts

Music BA (Hons)

As a past music student here I feel LIPA has failed to provide sufficient education for my money's worth, and continues to not do so from what I hear from current students. If you're seeking to do music at university, I strongly suggest you reconsider coming to LIPA.

Music BA (Hons)

I'm a BA music graduate at LIPA, and I feel it's been an enormous let-down. You will spend extremely little of your time being educated in music (in stark contrast to the other courses here where you will spend your time honing your craft literally by doing it as much as possible) and what lectures you do have will be extremely non-specific lessons regarding the business (where you talk about nebulous ways to instill "value" in projects that always disclude making any money?!) or context lessons, which is essentially the course's way of passing itself of as academic. If you're thinking of applying for a music course, please seek somewhere else.