Kingston University

• Kingston University
LC
Lucy Crawford

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

I study at Kingston School of Art, part of Kingston University and the location is really good as it is very close to London so there is always places to go and visit which can be helpful for studying. The teachers are great and always happy to sit down an help you on the course if there is something which you don't understand or you want to improve on. I would say that my first year experience has been like doing an Art Foundation all over again but my foundation course felt more fast paced and I did feel like I learnt a lot more then I have in first year, so I am looking forward to progressing to second year with more structured briefs and projects.

2 people found this helpful

BT
Behzad Tarrahi

Renewable Energy Engineering Masters (MSc)

The worst and most disappointing item is about timetable, the irrational compression of classes, aggregation of all intakes together, free time about 6 months without any classes.

1 people found this helpful

GB
Gemma Bumstead

Practice Education PgCert

Campus for my studies is in a difficult location and you are dependent on the facilities available if you need to buy anything. The nearest supermarket is about 20-30 minute walk. Navigating campus can be difficult initially as signposting isn't always clear. However, campus is peaceful, surrounded by green areas. The library is very good. Parking facilities available for students free of charge, plenty of places to get hot drinks/food/snacks. Staff that I have had interactions with have been supportive and helpful.

2 people found this helpful

MG
Maisie Goodin
First gen student

Environmental Science with Hazards and Disasters BSc (Hons)

Easier access to events and societies. Hard with Covid I know!

MN
Meghana Narayan

Renewable Energy Engineering Masters (MSc)

Student support options are very useful for many students. Kingston has been concerned about International students. When we arrived in the UK, we had to isolate for 10-15 days. During that period they supported well financially and providing food. Worst is I wasn't satisfied with marks allocation.

SK
Supraja Kondakindi

Management in Construction Masters (MSc)

I enjoy university environment and management is very quick response.however I didn't find any worst aspect

TS
Taslima Shuwara
First gen student

Biomedical Science (Foundation) BSc (Hons)

I love the university and all the facilities it provides for students with low income and all the additional bursaries that are available to those who need. The location is perfect one thing that is a con is that it is quite hard to find halal food near. I would like the timetable to be fixed and maybe fit the classes in less days then all five days of the week as some days I'm only in university for 1 hour and no more classes. So it would be better to get more classes done in one day than all over the week. The student union is very supportive and one thing I love is the islamic society on campus, the was the are holding free iftar every weekday in Ramadan is very thoughtful and helpful for students who are living alone.

Rose

Midwifery for Registered Nurses (BMid) BMid (Hons)

n/a

SF
Shah Fahad

Criminology BSc (Hons)

Kingston gave me the confidence and support to start up my own business. If you keep your eyes open for opportunities and say yes to experiences, you can get a lot out of coming here and have a lot of fun. There really is a nice community aspect too - I felt a part of the uni while I was here and met the best people I know. My lecturers were a bit hit or miss but some of them were really inspiring. All-in-all it's a great place to be as a creative.

FA
Ferah Arshad
First gen student

Business PhD (Doctor of Philosophy)

The staff at the university are very helpful and have always supported the students. I have been there since my undergraduate degree and am now doing my PhD and it’s the staff support that made me stay. I feel like the student Union could be slightly improved as it’s not as nice and welcoming as it could be. Other than that the university is a perfect place to study and engage and it’s the people that make Kingston University it’s best.