Student reviews of United Colleges Group

• United Colleges Group
MA
Malek Arab

United Colleges Group

I have hated it, never will I ever choose a college without thoroughly researching it. Seriously there are much better College which do not charge you the moon and the skies for a meal from the canteen, which has facilities, and does listen and help its students.

Heidi
21 Jun 16

United Colleges Group

DO NOT GO HERE! The course is so badly managed and organised it is embarrassing. It has been a big headache from start to finish. Few good teachers that got us through to the end, but they are treated just as badly as the students. They shouldn't be allowed to run the access courses as it seems there are many bad reviews from previous years- wish I had seen them before signing up!

Access to H.E. Diploma in Science

AVOID AVOID AVOID...Avoid this college at any cost. Studying Access to Pharmacy, tutors are terrified of local youths gangs and unless you are part of it your future is doomed. Favouratism and racism rampant at this institute. This college is not worth your hassle .AVOID AVOID AVOID

Access to H.E. Diploma in Pharmacy

Enrolled on to an Access To Pharmacy course. Lecturers look confused. Classes being controlled by yobs from the hood and no lecturer willing to tackle the problem. Big disappointment

BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business

City if Westminster is a complete and utter disgrace to British education. The college is unorganised in ways unimaginable. For my Level 3 course, my class and I had to basically teach our self the the entire course. Teachers are constantly late and when teaching begins, it will be completely irrelevant to our unit. Our teacher was sacked with 2 months left of the course. I recall having only one class per unit which means that for the teacher will explain the entire unit in a single class and then expect the rest of the learning to be carried out on your own over the course of the year. We were constantly left without a classroom which resulted in using the poorly managed library which is never quiet. I must stress that only one of my teachers did make an effort in teaching us which resulted in the class passing that unit. Personally, I have been denied the chance to do a GCSE class which I desperately need for university. Instead, I was told I failed the hideously easy Level 2 access course which itself was incredibly poorly taught. The test was extremely easy and I some how miraculously failed and when I confronted the head of department about this, I was told 'it was probably a system error'. I now have to get private tuition and privately sit the exam at a high price while others in the GCSE class in CWC are not taking it seriously. The GCSE teachers at CWC are very good but incredibly pressured and poorly resourced. This college is disgusting and appalling in everything BTEC related and extremely unorganised. I can not emphasise this enough. Please please please please do yourself a favour and find another college. Please OFSTED close CWC.

BTEC Higher National Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management

I honestly found this college horrendous. I was there for a year taking an apprenticeship and it was completely unorganised. It took 6 weeks for them to sort an ID card out for me, which you need to get through the security each morning. So every morning I had to go through a huge fuss explaining who I was and why I didn't have one just to get to my lesson. You're also meant to have an assessor from day 1 of your apprenticeship, they didn't assign me one until I was 6 months in. This meant I had to do a year's worth of portfolio work in half the time. Every time I was in college we'd be half way through a lesson then have to move to a different room because they'd double booked. I was told I had to take 2 exams, then on doing my own research found out I actually had to take 4. When I confronted them about this they told me it was news to them! So two weeks before the exams date they came back to my class and confirmed I was correct - again meaning we had next to no time to learn the content. Now I have completed the qualification and it's been almost 6 months since I left and I still haven't received my certificates despite numerous phone calls and emails. When trying to contact people you're met by endless redirecting or non-responses. It was in Creative and Cultural Industries - I've just categorised it under BTEC T&T because they didn't have my course on the list. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.