British College of Osteopathic Medicine | Student Reviews

10 British College of Osteopathic Medicine reviews

• British College of Osteopathic Medicine
Sara

Masters in Osteopathy

There is no perfect university, and there are always problems and points to improve on, but I was born to become an osteopath and as long as you know your reasons that are true to yourself, you can achieve anything. I want to point out that I am quite blunt (if you didnt already notice that from my answers), but if you want to become an osteopath in Europe, you should go to BCOM to study. The clinical competence and the atmosphere of students and tutors is very good, and those are the main two important factors in this decision, right? I was initially brought to osteopathy by an osteopath, who participated in the thesis project of my previous degree, so I hadn´t heard of the whole field before that. He had qualified from the oldest osteopathic university in the UK, and he told me to go to BCOM. Imagine that! He knew. I applied and I got in, and Im still here, after three years. the Q13, the contact hours vary according to the year, on mine there are more essays so less contact hours, but it can be between 30 and 45 per week. And the true hours are of course more, because the responsibility of your own learning is yours!

Annie

Masters in Osteopathy

Given me to tools to start my career and open my own clinic as soon as I graduated. I am so grateful to BCOM for the incredible course. I highly recommend BCOM to anyone wanting a career helping people and one that provides flexibility and incredible job satisfaction

Amandine

Osteopathy MOst

I am really happy to be studying at BCOM. I like the family atmosphere provided. The fact that it is a small university, everyone is made really accessible and help can be seeked at any time. The student community is really tight and everyone knows everyone. Senior students are always happy to help and answer questions. It is a lot of work but you can feel yourself improving every day. I love the combination between theory and practicals. Moreover, the nutrition clinic, naturopathy and dissections are great additions. The tutors and other lecturers are all really knowledgeable and approchable. Coming from a foreign country, I am certain that I made the right decision choosing BCOM for my education.

Masters in Osteopathy

Loved it, it really has set me up for my further career path as an osteopath and given me the confidence to get jobs and also set up my own clinics in the area.

Masters in Osteopathy

This course is in my experience is very tough and requires a lot of dedication and work. However, BCOM offers a lot of support if you are willing to put the time in. The clinical experience is great and the broad spectrum of subjects covered throughout the course prepares you for a good career.

Mark

Masters in Osteopathy

Great friendships, plenty of practical opportunities, supportive staff, invaluable experience and opportunity to develop skills that few places can offer. No place like it

Osteopathy MOst

It is full-time study. It is sometimes overwhelming. However, my mum always says: ' train hard and you will win the battle'. If you are sure you want to become an Osteopath, then constantly remind yourself why you want to be one during the whole 4 years. The support is offered. Do not give up and enjoy your new career path after.

22 Jul 16

Masters in Osteopathy

Great, it's small so if you want a large university BCOM is not for you. Amazing clinical experience and so much knowledge learnt through the vast variety of subjects covered . It's hard work but worth it!

21 Jul 16

Masters in Osteopathy

Great, it's hard work but enjoyable. Clinical experience and tutors great. As I said hard work but worth it for the variety that you learn . Small so if you want the big Uni thing this is not the place for you.

Masters in Osteopathy

This is more of a vocational college than a university, which is fine if that is what you are looking for. Good quality education for a good price, but facilities are very poor and the buildings are falling apart. It is a very tough course, which pushes you hard but leaves you completely disillusioned by the profession. If you are an optimist, then you will be fine with the course. Stay away if you are a sceptic and evidence based driven!