ACM (The Academy of Contemporary Music) | Student Reviews

107 ACM (The Academy of Contemporary Music) reviews

• ACM (The Academy of Contemporary Music)
Alice

ACM (The Academy of Contemporary Music)

Creative Artistry - Vocals BA (Hons)

As someone who is serious about a career in music as a singer I have found ACM to be supportive in every area I need them to be. Inside and outside of the classroom they give us plenty to be getting on with. I have been here for just over four years and have felt positive change in the time I have been here. It keeps getting better and better.

ACM (The Academy of Contemporary Music)

Creative Artistry - Lyrics / Rap / MC BA (Hons)

I've just taken part in ACM's Urban Showcase and that proved to me how interested ACM is in me as an individual because before the showcase I was given artist development sessions to help me give the best performance I could.

Jordan

ACM (The Academy of Contemporary Music)

Music Performance - Keys BA (Hons)

The tutors have made my experience so far for me. Learning from people like Brian Henry has been inspirational. I'm only in my first few months of studies right now but if it carries on like this I shall be very happy indeed.

Jon

ACM (The Academy of Contemporary Music)

One of my most memorable moments is when ACM took us to BBC Music Introducing Live where we got to meet lots of influential people in music. I like the way that it isn't just all about your standard lecture but a range of activities to keep you interested and learning.

Blakely

ACM (The Academy of Contemporary Music)

I KNOW THAT WORKING IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS HOW I WANT TO EARN MY LIVING AND ACM IS GIVING ME GOOD PREPARATION FOR THIS. MY FIRST YEAR SO FAR HAS ALL BEEN ABOUT MEETING NEW PEOPLE IN COLLEGE BUT ALSO IN INDUSTRY. IN SOME WAYS I FEEL LIKE I AM ALREADY WORKING IN IT. PEOPLE AT ACM ARE FRIENDLY AND ALWAYS READY TO LEND A HAND.

Sammy

ACM (The Academy of Contemporary Music)

Music Performance - Vocals BA (Hons)

I am so happy with my choice of coming to ACM to study vocals and I know it was the right thing for me. I felt that I had every chance to get to know the staff and students before even studying here because they did such a lot of work with my school so I kind of knew that it was the right place for me and I didn't have to take a risk

Georgia

ACM (The Academy of Contemporary Music)

Music Performance - Vocals BA (Hons)

ACM has served me well so far. I feel like I'm learning things just in the right time for when I need to know them. Trying to make something commercial out of art is hard but I think that ACM is helping us set appropriate expectations and objectives for the future that will mean I am fulfilled.

Ade

ACM (The Academy of Contemporary Music)

Music Performance - Bass BA (Hons)

Not even a few months in and had some lit masterclasses already. To be fair though even the regular tutors are legends in their area of work. I had a bit of an issue with accommodation at the start of the year and ACM were really helpful. They sorted it out for me. Big up to SUE!

Scott

ACM (The Academy of Contemporary Music)

Going pretty well so far. I think that the work is going to get harder when we get into 2nd year so I'm already getting lots of tutorials with my lecturers in anticipation of that.

Cam

ACM (The Academy of Contemporary Music)

Technical Services with Live Sound Engineering BA (Hons)

For what I want to do, I couldn't think of anywhere better. I went to other institutions for open days and things like that but didn't find anywhere with an energy like ACM.