182,341 University reviews

Ronil

University of East London

Computer Science BSc (Hons)

This year with studying from home it has been a bit harder to learn. However, with help from the lecturers, I have been able to managed to keep up with the pace of the studies and the year. Coming to the end of the year I feel I have not learnt more than the previous year only marginal gain in the learning.

Manisha

University of Birmingham

Medicine (Graduate Entry) (4 years) MB ChB

University have been great at moving the content online but could have improved interactivity. Sites such as kahoot have been great for this as used by some tutors but not others. There are plenty of opportunities to do sports or any other activities around the uni. People are friendly and transport options are great. Staff support is variable depending on the member of the team you speak to.

Maruf

University of Portsmouth

International Business and Management MSc

University environment is very good. All lecturer are friendly and cordial. All the facilities i have found was good. Classes are based on online. I have got all the necessary support from university. University's library facilities is also good. Course module is well organized. Everything is clearly written on the module. I can easily log into my account and find necessary details.

Fliss

University of East Anglia UEA

Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons)

My personal experience has been fairly poor. I was at uni between end of September and shortly before the locks down in November. For which I moved back home. I’d had to isolate after a teammate at hockey tested positive. This was shortly after I started at uni. It meant I missed the opportunity to get to know my flatmates as I was instructed not to leave my room and mix with them. I missed out on the chance to bond with my flatmates and it was miserable. When I went home for a reading week, I stayed at home choosing to commute for the two days I had to come back. I returned to campus at the end of April - nearly 7 months later. One week back for a introduction to placement and started my 15 weeks on placement at the hospital. Now, flatmates have changed and I love it. Not counting down to when it ends in 2 years now. It started as a one and is now a 5 so figured I’d take the average. Take this with a pinch of salt though - this doesn’t reflect on UEA, but on the impact covid had on my experience. Also, in terms of this last question about value of money. It’s a big no. Considering, that the money I have paid for tuition hasn’t been used to the fullness it usually would. Such as hiring the lecture halls. As far as I’m concerned. It’s gone to the lecturers pay checks - which is fine. They need a salary. As well as the library and simulation labs. Other than that i haven’t used anything else in terms of facilities. It shouldn’t be much more than how much Open University costs.

Silvia

University of East London

Architecture (with Foundation Year) BSc (Hons)

The remote experience has been great, despite the lack of workshops. The feedback has always been received in time, the support of the stuff has been fast and efficient. Overall, the course has a vast amount of benefits, only with the lack of some equipment for the architectural computing work. I recommend it!

Lauren

University of East Anglia UEA

Broadcast and Multimedia Journalism BA (Hons)

Overall given the pandemic circumstances of this first-year experience, it has been 'Ok'. I feel that there are things the university could do better; Student Support, Welcome Week. Credit to the team that have kept the library open 24/7 and a safe/clean place to study throughout this year. What has carried this year for me is the perseverance of the clubs; continuing training and socials albeit via zoom but it's been something to do and the support that some of my lecturers give and their quality experience and knowledge in the field I am studying. However, I don't believe that any form of online learning means that I'm getting value for the money.

Antonio

Abertay University

Business Management BA (Hons)

Full online learning, as I stayed in my country this year, but great overall. Online learning was interesting and interactive and I stayed in contact with peers.

Samuel

Manchester Metropolitan University

Spanish with Japanese BA (Hons)

The course is lower quality than expected from a university course. The unit selection was not well thought out with what seems like mostly filler and there is barely any continuity or transferrable skills between units. The Japanese unit only taught us to an A2 level despite being a three-year university course. Organisation on behalf of lecturers and timetabling staff was poor. The way language units were assessed, particularly oral exams, were not practical or fair especially in the fourth year with blended and online learning. The transfer to blended learning and online classes during the COVID pandemic was handled poorly.

Gemma

University of Southampton

Archaeology and History BA (Hons)

Personally, I have been very thankful to Southampton for accepting me and being a really good University with a bunch of lovely lecturers and staff. The COVID pandemic made it hard but, particularly in History and Archaeology, the lecturers adapted very well and work was still done efficiently. They were also able to open facilities that were needed and have thoroughly followed rules and cleaning regulations to keep us safe. Although I have heard other people not having the best experience (some doing masters), I have not had that many issues. Overall, a worthy place to study.

Chloe

University of East Anglia UEA

Speech and Language Therapy BSc (Hons)

It’s been good- although COVID got in the way of a full experience but they’ve done the best they can under the current circumstances! I’ve still had a great experience dispute such a disruptive year.