182,341 University reviews

Ines

University of Portsmouth

Law with International Relations LLB (Hons)

University is good overall, but this year was online teaching only, which made the whole experience and tuition fees not valuable. There’s also a good system support if you looked for it and teachers try to help you

University of Portsmouth

Applied Languages (Chinese, French, German, ITalian, Spanish, English as a Foreign Language) BA (Hons)

Overall experience is outstanding. However, there are some issues that could be managed better, especially through this season with covid. The lecturers are really trying to give qualitative education to the students. Cannot wait to come back to the campus and experience real amazing studying with all activities and interactions.

Sophie

Newman University, Birmingham

Primary Education (5-11) (with recommendation for QTS) BA (Hons)

My first year at Newman was brilliant and the lecturers were really support and helpful with assignments. However, I did expect a better support system during the pandemic but this was not received.

Newman University, Birmingham

English (with Foundation Year) BA (Hons)

My overall experience has been strange due to the coronavirus pandemic and recession. As an international student in my first year I enjoyed and appreciated the whole experience of university life, the online learning, living in student accommodation, struggling financially due to the crisis, meeting people digitally and discovering UK. The job opportunities and availability were limited. Learning online is the present and the future, as difficult as it is for students to learn online I strongly believe it is for lecturers to teach too. I was glad to see that my classmates and lecturers are mature people and cooperate to maintain silence and good communication skills during the online class. I also had the chance to be on class in an actual room with the team, which was nice. Furthermore every time I contacted with my tutors I received a response immediately, most of the times via email. I was and still am concerned about the tuition fees as they have not been changed at all during this online experiment.

Kaleb

University of Exeter

Very helpful lectures & tutors, but I would have preferred more smaller & interactive lectures rather than just being talked at. But coursework feedback was very helpful for the most part. Exams seemed kind of redundant because they were all open book and online, aside from the philosophy exam I did which was essay-based and hence I actually needed to properly prepare for it as I couldn’t just use notes to do well in the exam. Very good facilities, the gym is really good, but the library is a bit small and dull for such a big university.

Abertay University

Cyber Security MSc by Research, MPhil, PhD

Undertaking a PhD degree is not an easy path, however, I have been supported from the first day until now. I am currently waiting for my Viva. Looking back, I couldn't have asked for more. I had opened channels with my supervisors over the past three years. The Graduate School staff provided me with many resources and guided me with any administrative issues. I had the chance to represent the university in multiple conferences and talks. Overall, my experience at Abertay has been positive!

Dinnia

Education MA

Overall the university has made lots of effort to help students, I think they have done a good job in helping students with online learning, accessing facilities and mental health support.

Esme

University of East London

Special Education BA (Hons)

Good experience due to my interest in the course and relationship with lectures. However overall the uni was very disorganised. Hard to follow up on problems that go beyond the lectures control.

Joseph

University of Chichester

Dance Performance BA (Hons)

Worked as well as we can with covid guidelines and still feel i receive the support and lectures needed for my course, even tho i have been injured. Also gained support for essays and prepared me well considering i had more than everyone else because i couldn’t take part in practical modules

Arezue

Newman University, Birmingham

Business Management BA (Hons)

My overall academic experience in 2020 and 2021 was alright but it could have been better. academic experience changed due to COVID-19, which also changed the way we studied and completed our course. It was difficult in the beginning to get used to the change from face to face lessons to all online meetings. We were not able to easily go to the university or make use of the library facilities. I also felt upset that the tuition fees are quite high compared to the service we receive as students especially during this academic year. Therefore, motivation and work ethic, studying, grades, performance, concentration, and time management was affected too.