1,529 Buckinghamshire New University reviews

• Buckinghamshire New University
Rhys

Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training BSc (Hons)

Overall, the university degree is not what I expected it to be. The structure is somewhat disorganised alongside challenging as you have very little time to finish your PPL in the given timeframe and allocated flying schools recourses

Jessica

Buckinghamshire New University

Sport and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

Very supportive university-lectures and support systems will be alway willing to help and give you the thing you need if you are struggling. The university has really amazing facilities

Michael

Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training BSc (Hons)

The facilities on campus are very well maintained and have proven very useful for my studies. The instability of the school has been detrimental to my overall experience specific to my course, however I believe challenges in staffing will be overcome and won't affect future students. The student life is alright with access to the SU and having easy access to London or Oxford for nights out. There are a wide range of events hosted by the SU which means it is very likely you will be able to find something that interests you.

Maciej

Buckinghamshire New University

Games Development BSc (Hons)

Overall the time I spend on university was great. Everyone was really helpful and I was able to meet good people.

Melpomeni

Buckinghamshire New University

PGDip Professional Practice (Nursing)

Nice clean buildings. Security, staff always try to help. Lectures are interesting, Tough program. Transportation is easy . A lot of Bus and train Connections and close to the station. Nice surrounding area with shops and pubs.

Amy

Buckinghamshire New University

Dance and Performance BA (Hons)

I have absolutely loved my uni experience this year for many reasons. I have excelled greatly in the course and enjoyed every minute of it and everyone has worked hard to give us what we wanted and the uni has worked greatly to overcome obstacles

Jacob

Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training BSc (Hons)

My experience doing this course and studying at this university has certainly been unique. I began in September 2019 - there was no such thing as Covid 19 back then. Lecturs and seminars were on campus, and everything was enjoyable. The aviation society also organised trips to British Airways in Waterside, Luton Airport, RAF Northolt and the RAF Museum, with many planned ahead before Covid began. However, lockdown then hit. PPL training ceased as flight schools were not allowed to do PPL training as it is considered a flying license for leisure and not for a career, and university went online. Due to the nature of the course, changes had to be made. By the start of the second year, there was the option to swap years - meaning you could do third year modules in the second year, or carried on as usual and went to ATPL groundschool to do the exams. I chose to swap years, and the process was simple. The university has shown great determination and flexibility to allow us to carry on with our studies. I still have one year left of my degree, but I will be away from the university at my chosen ATO doing my ATPL groundschool and exams. This means my time at the university is two weeks away from ending. Despite Covid, I have enjoyed my time at Buckinghamshire New University, and they have allowed me to develop skills across all areas.

Obiaku

MSc Physician Associate

It has been difficult but university has been very reassuring. Implementing the no detrimental policy for assignments. Daily emails with support. tutors are available to contact.

Buckinghamshire New University

Airline and Airport Management BA (Hons)

I loved everything about bucks, my colleagues, my online teaching, all the facilities! I have learned a lot and l will keep with them, one of my best opportunity in the UK, I’m glad to stay here

Olivia

Buckinghamshire New University

Sports Psychology BSc (Hons)

Buckinghamshire New University and Bucks Student Union give you the opportunity to make the most out of university. Aswell as offering academic teaching they offer additional classes such as employment opportunities, CV writing, and additional English and maths classes. The Student Union is free to Buckinghamshire New University members giving you the opportunity to join societies and clubs, also volunteering and the chance to represent your course so your voice can be heard across the university.