182,341 University reviews

Ewan

University of East Anglia UEA

Biological Sciences with a Year in Industry BSc (Hons)

All together there is nowhere I'd rather be than UEA. My course is engaging, the lecturers are fantastic, and I feel like every module is useful. The transition to online learning hasnt been perfect but the uni did what they could to keep students up to date and aware of what was happening. The industry connections and guest lectures make me really hopeful for my job prospects after graduating. More than anything though, its the people that make UEA so good. Individuals from all over the world come here and make this place their home and making friends with them and learning from them has been the best 2 years of my life so far.

Imogen

University of Plymouth

Oceanography and Coastal Processes BSc (Hons)

It’s been kind of crazy with a full academic year going by as I haven’t had many in person lectures or meet many people on my course. I wish I could have had in person lectures but the lecture theatres aren’t big enough to hold the entire year so it was never possible. With everything being done online it has meant that lectures have been recorded and it made a good resource material to go back on when assignments came around and revise from. I feel like most people had the same experience as me and we’ve just all had to lower our expectations of the normal university life and just live with what we’ve got.

Rebecca

University of Lincoln

Criminology and Social Policy BA (Hons)

Quite honestly, this has been the best time of my life. It's certainly been an interesting one as half of my university experience has been during the pandemic, however the constant support from the university, coursemates and staff is wonderful. I was quite an introverted person when I came to uni, but Lincoln has really helped me find myself as a person and in life. When in doubt, join a society because you'll truly make your closest friends and best memories within them. I absolutely recommend a degree in social and political sciences, the staff are incredible and the courses and modules are incredibly interesting and really transform your perspective on a lot of things in life.

Jessica

Newman University, Birmingham

Applied Humanities BA (Hons)

Even though lockdown and online zoom session, my lecturers have been amazing with support and guidance. They tend to email back straight away and offer any additional one to one's so that we don't feel alone. The uni experience hasn't been the same as it would have been without covid and not being able to find work has made it challenging. Meeting new people hasn't been easy as the zoom session make that difficult. Now being back on campus once a week for the rest of the year has made it easier to meet new people and get face to face contact with lecturers. Overall given the circumstances, I have really enjoyed my first year.

Dawn

Abertay University

Cognitive Psychology MSc by Research, MPhil, PhD

Working from home has been challenging but all the support has still been available. My supervisory team was great and helped keep me motivated through difficult times. Our Graduate School organised regular “coffee breaks” to help everyone feel connected. I participated in and presented at 2 conferences (online) this year. Although not the same experience as international travel to events, it still ensured I could disseminate my research findings to appropriate audiences.

Martina

Liverpool Hope University

Criminology BA (Hons)

Overall, this year has been a horrible year for everyone regarding the pandemic. But having said that, this years level of teaching has been awful. I did a foundation year last year at my university and comparing the level of teaching with both years, this year fails and I feel like I haven’t learnt much as what I should have. Zoom calls are good, but it’s very unprofessional when tutors speak about their pets all the way throughout the zoom call. Especially when they are constantly barking. This years learning has been far beyond a joke and have not been worth the fees we have to pay.

V
Victoria

Birmingham City University

International Human Rights - LLM

I did my masters during the pandemic, so it was extremely difficult. Classes were online. Most of the professors did not with us as much as they should have. The university is very good at providing employment opportunities and advice.

Hafsah

Newman University, Birmingham

I am really statisfied with the teaching on my course. There has been alot of support available such as assignment extentions to adaot to the pandemic situation. This has been really helpful. The lecturer are amazing and ready to help with any questions.

Daniel

Newman University, Birmingham

I am enjoying my time here. The course is challenging and rewarding. The university campus is welcoming and the library is well resourced. The fact this course is BACP accredited also increases my hopes of securing employment in the future

University of Portsmouth

International Business and Management MSc

University will be need to understand about our covid situation how we are trouble. We are International student they should be decrease our fee some for covid situation online classes.