182,341 University reviews

Samina

Newman University, Birmingham

Business Management (top-up) BA (Hons)

I found the teachers very helpful and didn't get the chance to attend my lectures because of COVID 19. I found it difficult to understand the work and would prefer attending lectures. Overall I've managed to complete my course and waiting for foe my results.

Jacob

dBs Music

BA (Hons) Electronic Music Production

Unbelievable experience, the teachers are incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. The studios and equipment are unreal and don’t compare to many studios you will have to pay for

Ellie

University of Southampton

Philosophy and History BA (Hons)

Great university experience. Loved my first year accommodation, and really like the campus and facilities. Small city so you get elements of city life but not to the point where it’s overwhelming. Really good range of module options, and lots of opportunity to contact lecturers. Difficult during Covid as nothing has been in person and most facilities have had limited access, but that is a general situation for students across the country. Great social life. Good range of clubs and bars and pubs. Great range of societies to join which is really great to meet people. Student Union runs many events but most of them are better suited to first years. Not good value for money at the moment because everything is online and you can’t use everything the uni has to offer. But outside of the current situation it’s better value for money and would recommend this Uni!

University of West London

Architectural Design Technology BSc (Hons)

The university has been a great experience despite lockdowns and COVID, although I wish the library was still accessible 24/7. Lecturers have helped any way they can and they are understanding to your circumstances. The university is very student oriented as they value the voice of students and want them to get the most out of our time there.

Olga

University of Portsmouth

Humanities and Social Sciences (Distance Learning) MRes

Staff is very supportive and offer individual approach when it comes to teaching. I felt that staff understood the concerns that we may have as students and addressed them before we even spoke about it, which shows great depth of understanding and commitment to the profession. Very happy with my first year studying here, now considering completing my masters with Portsmouth Uni.

Eleanor

University of Portsmouth

Television and Broadcasting BSc (Hons)

It has been an amazing experience for my first year at Portsmouth but for obvious reasons, if COVID-19 hadn't have been here it would've been so much better for my course and social aspects.

Elizabeth

Newman University, Birmingham

Primary Education (5-11) (with recommendation for QTS) BA (Hons)

I have enjoyed the opportunities to get to know others on my course and hearing shared experiences regarding primary education and I enjoy hearing my tutors previous teaching experiences which gives me an insight in each subject area for primary teaching, feedback is very detailed when receiving assignments and feedback. This helps me to continue in to next year with more detail and support to improve academic writing further.

Nitesh

Kingston University

Computer Science BSc (Hons)

My overall experience in Kingston University was very bad specially this last year after the city was in lockdown, the University didn't focus on students mental health and how to support them in every way possible, little support from teachers, and no reply back of most of the queries i had, insufficient online resources. To be honest it wasn't worth paying £9250 this year, Such a waste of money.

shaunna

Newman University, Birmingham

PGCE Secondary Religious Education (QTS)

I have really enjoyed the year at uni, tutor has made some very difficult decisions but they are always the right ones. She does her job very well and it has been a pleasure to have her guidence this year. The only downfall was due to the covid restrictions I do not believe that the university teaching side has been made good value for money as there has been no face to face teaching, while I accept and agree that it is out of their control and they have done the best they can with the restrictions, I do believe it has hindered some peoples success. Technical issues being one of them.

Courtney

Criminology BA (Hons)

Overall there has been a range of support and interesting content this academic year. COVID has made things difficult for everyone, including making the change to online learning and figuring out the best way to support students. The staff at Newman have made a real effort to overcome this and continue to support students as best as they can in the circumstances.