184,505 university reviews

CH
Catherine Harvey

University of Suffolk

Mental Health Nursing BSc (Hons)

Supportive uni that is exceptional in supporting additional needs and mental health concerns. Worst aspect is range of quality up to date paper books

LF
Louise Finch

Very helpful

Andrew

The University of Edinburgh

Philosophy MA (Hons)

I would give minus five stars to this University. I was warned about classism, professional neglect, and lack of support, but I didn't listen. How could this University be improved? A complete overhaul of its teaching method, autonomous learning is another phrase for professional neglect. I am going elsewhere for post-grad, and I wish I never came to this University. Edinburgh does not provide what it says it does. The city of Edinburgh is not that great (sorry to spoil the illusion), and come to think about it, if a University advertises the city as its main attraction, what does that say about the University? Stay well clear of this University.

4 people found this helpful

Nicklaus

University of East London

Music Performance and Production BA (Hons)

This is not a good place to study! The courses could be named one thing like performance but in reality the professor is "teaching" abstract music and that's just one example of many others. I also have not been taught a single thing can help me with my career. I also find that the website that baits you into thinking this university is amazing is feeding you lies. Such as "tailoring the course to me" there has never been a moment where a professor has asked for our input to better the course. I also find that the entire staff in this uni really don't help you ever, it feels like they are all lazy and would rather push off to someone else to deal with you. As well as you can speak to four different people about the same subject and get four completely different answers. The hub, the uni's student uni, is a prime example of how uniformed everyone is. On multiple occasions I have has problems with enrollment and accommodation and every person I spoke to never had an answer for me and if they did the information they gave me was wrong. This uni is lacking some much needed tlc all around.

TM
theo mazraoui

St George's, University of London

Physiotherapy BSc BSc (Hons)

The gulf between the way the staff at St. George's describe themselves and their actual behaviour is enormous. They put on a good show when you come for your tour, they come across really caring and enthusiastic, but as soon as you're on the course that all gets dropped. If you try and talk to some of the staff when you're on the course you won't get an answer, same as with the rest of them. The impression I've gotten since day one is that the staff see students as an unpleasant chore to be avoided wherever possible. None of the lecturers will know your name unless you're one of the golden boys and girls who they show extreme favouritism to. And those boys and girls fit into a very narrow cultural bracket, the same one that the lecturers fit into funnily enough. Most of the lecturers commute in from hours away and they're incredibly snobby about Tooting. The worrying thing is that part of healthcare or teaching is meeting your patients or students where they live and being understanding about their circumstances and culture, and these lecturers don't do that. They mock the accent, they make all kinds of snidey remarks, it's really unpleasant. Tooting is not a bad place at all, the people are nice enough and you're not actually in danger lol. Bottom line is that St. George's is fine if you never have any issues, if you do then you're on your own. They do not listen to feedback and nothing ever changes.

KH
kate havard

Criminology BA (Hons)

most social and balls, a bigger union and more library’s

JA
James Aynsley

Leeds Beckett University

Great resources for learning great libary great student life

Leroy

Games Design BSc (Hons)

With this being my first year, my experience of it so far have been great, despite the hole Covid and Omicron, the University have kept me and others upto date on the policy's with email and and posters throughout campus. Tutor's are massively helpful and always there even if not on campus, the University has there email address and discord groups as well as social media sites as I am based in the LSA building its close to the library and STU.

KH
Kirsty Hamilton

University of Glasgow

English Language & Linguistics/Philosophy MA (Hons)

Glasgow is a great uni overall, the location, and the teaching staff are all so lovely and helpful and willing to put in extra effort above and beyond for their subject. The only thing I wish was different is the available study spaces. I live at home, away from campus so on days I have classes I want to work on assignments and essays on campus, to cut down on travelling times, but finding somewhere to work is really difficult every single time. Furthermore, the new JMS building is great and has extra study spaces, but there's a lot of wasted space in it, and a lack of plug points on level 1.

Josh