182,341 University reviews

Christina

University of East Anglia UEA

International Business Management with a Year Abroad BA (Hons)

Great university, both academically and socially. The societies are fun although I would personally like more variety in the coming years. It was hard at times during Covid restrictions but the campus has made a good comeback since lockdown, with a new beer garden opening beside the LCR. Exclusively online lectures felt like a bit of a scam at times, as i was promised blended learning initially, however the quality of teaching and the number of resources available to me remains at an adequate level.

shakira

Newman University, Birmingham

Studies in Primary Education BA (Hons)

So far I am enjoying my experience at Newman University. I feel as though I have learnt a lot. My lecturers are always keen to help me. If I have any issues with my work I often tend to email my lecturers and they respond back quickly with useful information.

Y
Yaz

BA (Hons) Music Production & Sound Engineering

The university has been very supportive but due to struggles with my mental health and the pandemic I have had a hard time and this year has been very difficult for me. Despite this my university have supported me and helped me get access to therapy and academic support.

University of East Anglia UEA

This year has been very different to previous years. In no way is my 3 star rating a sign of disappointment at the university, it is just representative of the reality for students this year. For all the university’s efforts, having next to no contact time has greatly reduced the enjoyment and success of my studies this year. Had we had more contact hours, this would likely not be the case, however COVID has made this impossible. Students at UEA have had to take the brunt off Covids impact. Although; the safety net does provide some comfort.

Newman University, Birmingham

Counselling Studies and Working with Children, Young People & Families BA (Hons)

I must say that I have really improved, I am progressing well. My communication skill is getting better, my organization skill is also improving. I am getting more confident day by day and I am really impressed with myself. I have learnt alot.

Clare

University of East Anglia UEA

Economics and Finance BSc (Hons)

I have thoroughly enjoyed my second year and UEA. Recently I have been able to see the lectures and other student in person which has been really nice. The teaching and support has not wavered I feel I have done better now than ever at university.

Rachel

Newman University, Birmingham

PGCE Secondary Biology (QTS)

Given that it was severely disrupted by the pandemic, I feel it was a good experience overall and would recommend the uni. It would have been nice to have made use of the campus facilities as they looked great on our single day physically at uni, particularly given tuition fees, as unfortunately due to the pandemic our lectures were all on Zoom despite being a practical based course (teacher training), and to have been able to meet other students in person. However, the lectures were useful, tutors were supportive and I had a great placement school. I think in a 'normal' year the experience would be even better.

Rhys

Buckinghamshire New University

Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training BSc (Hons)

Overall, the university degree is not what I expected it to be. The structure is somewhat disorganised alongside challenging as you have very little time to finish your PPL in the given timeframe and allocated flying schools recourses

HB
Harry Burt

BA (Hons) Electronic Music Production

I didn't spend much time with dBs this year even though i did attend every lecture. Unfotunetly we have little time at dBs. What time i did have wasnt very engaging and it felt brief. I'd like it to have been less formal so i know what i can expact to come in the next 3 years. Hopfully the next 2 years to come will be more loose in terms of what we learn with more choice.

Michael

BA (Hons) Live Sound

The current lecturers have made the course a very valuable experience despite the issues caused by the pandemic. With up to date and true to life modules that allow the students to work on their skills, without being pigeonholed into a specific area.