182,341 University reviews

Esther

Medicine with a Gateway Year MB BS

At first when I got here I was concerned about not being able to make any friends and being so far away from family, but going I've been able to meet awesome people and stopped feeling alone and on campus witnessing the beautiful view of the lake as your stroll around the grounds or the adorable bunnies you might catch on your odd walk back to your accomodation has helped in keeping me relaxed and quilm any stresses. The lecturers are amazing, always provide best quality teaching and regularly emphasise their availability if you have any questions about stuff regarding lectures is really has been really useful when stressed about not knowing what to do. Overall 10/10

Courtauld Institute of Art, University of London

MA History of Art

Overall, my experience at this university has been pretty good. I’ve enjoyed working closely with my professor and dissertation supervisor as the structure of my course provided mostly 1:1 teaching/ working in a small seminar or tutorial format. I’ve had the chance to interact with several professionals in my field over Zoom conferences and write about arts-based topics that interest me. However, due to the pandemic, I have missed out on a great deal of research, exhibition and travel opportunities that are usually offered on my course. The library at my university has been very helpful at extending existing online resources and purchasing new ones. However, due to the nature of my course interacting mostly with academic material that has not been digitised, when the library was closed during the various lockdowns over this academic year, it was extremely difficult to conduct research. The course also runs for 9 months which is unusual for most MA courses in the UK of my subject. As a result, a great deal of my work on this course was quite rushed and I would have liked more time to research and write my dissertation. Perhaps extending the course to 12 months would benefit future students.

Johana

Queen Mary University of London

Hispanic Studies with Business Management BA (Hons)

I really enjoy my time at my uni. However, I would have preferred having face to face teaching but I know they tried to make the best they could to help all of the students so I’m very grateful and I can’t wait for my second year!

Riyaadh

University of Wolverhampton

Pharmacy MPharm (Hons)

Due to Covid, i could obviously not engage with any societies so the uni experience was just not there. And the teaching had been kind of sub standard as we had to figure most of the stuff out ourselves

Jamie

University of Portsmouth

Electronic Engineering BEng (Hons)

Because of covid I didn't go into university at all during the year. The online lectures were good, but there was no interaction and no opportunity to learn by talking to other students or working together on projects in shared spaces, even if those spaces were online. I went from being a straight A student to barely even scraping passes.

Rebecca

Geophysics MSci (Hons)

I have managed to make great friends in my accommodation and a few on my course from the in person labs I have been able to attend. The recorded lectures makes it easy to revisit work which is extremely helpful for exams. However, a bit more support for student learning online would be helpful

Georgina

University of East Anglia UEA

Biological Sciences with a Year Abroad BSc (Hons)

I really like this Uni, but online teaching is definitely not worth the price. I feel quite ripped off paying so much money for what feels like the Open university. Before the pandemic however, I really enjoyed being on campus - it has a nice calm atmosphere and is a beautiful place to study.

Gabrielle

University of Portsmouth

Paramedic Science BSc (Hons)

Considering COVID-19 has hindered many things, I am pleased with the support I have received. However, I have not had one lecture in uni, therefore I think the fees should be less.

dBs Music

BA (Hons) Electronic Music Production

It’s been great but my first year has definitely been effected by the coronavirus! Just looking forward to years 2 and 3 now as things should start improving with the virus, meaning we will have more time in the studios and building relationships with other students leading to collaborations. I feel that you need to be around other like minded people to really excel in the music industry.

David

University of Portsmouth

Computer Science BSc (Hons)

My whole experience has been from my bed watching a computer screen and being in a zoom call so I can't say much. But what I can say is, the available resources are great and almost every lecture is recorded and uploaded on Moodle for us to view anytime we want if we missed it, even weeks after the lecture has been done if we wanted to revisit something. All of the emails I have sent out the professors relating to questions about the subject have been answered and most of my worries and enquires about exams have been answered too. There isn't much more to talk about apart from that, I was expecting a "student life" a year ago but I just feel bored and have no reason to go outside, I feel like the only purpose I have is to attend my lesson, do my homework, and go to sleep. It's not the uni's fault for this, it's mostly because of the coronavirus situation and there isn't much the uni can do. Definitely not worth the student debt I will have to pay back tho.